13 or 14 trade in values

lawdogg149

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just looking to see what others are getting or being offered to trade in their 2013 or 2014 vipers. This information will help others in making the decision to shop with the now renewed coupon $15,000. Thanks

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you know that no one post what they paid. They might not have gotten the absolute best deal. I have been on theses
boards for quite sometime and i have never seen a paid price on a viper or parts from a vendor.

OP
OP
L

lawdogg149

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted my paid price the day I bought it. $95,000 for a 2014 SRT with carbon packages and all. Was a $127,000 window sticker. Why not help out the rest of the purchasing world with real values. Sometimes I really wonder how this group of people every made up the worlds largest following.

searchison

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted my paid price the day I bought it. $95,000 for a 2014 SRT with carbon packages and all. Was a $127,000 window sticker. Why not help out the rest of the purchasing world with real values. Sometimes I really wonder how this group of people every made up the worlds largest following.

I agree, just curious I am assuming the $127K sticker was before the $15K drop, correct? Great deal regardless, I am just starting to look at the possibility of a Viper. I have 2 toys, a Shelby and a 911, I honestly barely have time for one. I thought having 2 would be fun, but it is more work than it is worth. I have not driven the Shelby at all.

I am thinking the Viper will have the Muscle car of the Shelby and the Sports car of the 911.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm curious about the resale market too for those of us looking to sell low mill Gen5s....

OP
OP
L

lawdogg149

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I bought mine a couple months back before all the discounting. I see this thread gets a lot of views but no responses. Just trying to help out the snake world.

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge dealer wouldn't even consider taking in my 2013 GTS, for a new 2014 I was considering. They didn't want to touch it. Enough said about our resale values.

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
About to move into my first Gen 5 a new 2014 GTS with MSRP of $124,980 (was $139,980 before recent Dodge reduction). Dealer is taking $100,000 "out the door" including all sales taxes and fees so roughly $96,000 for the car. It has stripes, upgraded stereo, the upgraded $7k plus interior, etc. I assume resale values must be rough with such large discounts on new cars.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was offered $70k for my 700 mile 2013 towards a 2014 GTS-R blue with silver striped GTS. Mine had a $141k sticker price:crazy2:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was offered $70k for my 700 mile 2013 towards a 2014 GTS-R blue with silver striped GTS. Mine had a $141k sticker price:crazy2:

That is beyond pathetic.
That's how they're making up the 15K gift certificate of course, and locking you in to buying another Viper.
Regardless of car or options you are looking at 70K trade in value IF a dealer will even accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 15k cert is a slap in the face to all of us that supported SRT by buying a Gen5. I love mine but it's my last for the treatment we get.

LouN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 15k cert is a slap in the face to all of us that supported SRT by buying a Gen5. I love mine but it's my last for the treatment we get.

Def a slap in the face. I called 5 dealers to trade my race yellow/black fully loaded track Pk sticker $119k, paid near sticker. 4 dealers wouldn't do a trade because didn't want new viper inventory, one dealer offered 65k. NFW I'm taking that offer. I don't care what anyone says, the only way existing Gen V owners should have treated was with a $15k cash payback/refund. We all know no way that was going to happen. Early adopter/buyer isn't always the best.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or at least make the "rebate" applicable to a wider range of cars across the Dodge lineup.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Def a slap in the face. I called 5 dealers to trade my race yellow/black fully loaded track Pk sticker $119k, paid near sticker. 4 dealers wouldn't do a trade because didn't want new viper inventory, one dealer offered 65k. NFW I'm taking that offer. I don't care what anyone says, the only way existing Gen V owners should have treated was with a $15k cash payback/refund. We all know no way that was going to happen. Early adopter/buyer isn't always the best.

Dont feel bad guys ALL dealers are the same my 08 Scuderia s MSRP was 308,189 and had some a-hole Ferrari dealers offer 145K for it,lol..

Thats why they call them stealerships.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

+1 That would have been the fair way.:(

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your GTS Blue 2013 looks way better then the GTS-R blue. Why upgrade when there is no significant improvement in performance?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont feel bad guys ALL dealers are the same my 08 Scuderia s MSRP was 308,189 and had some a-hole Ferrari dealers offer 145K for it,lol..

Thats why they call them stealerships.

Sorry, but that's about right for a seven year old car that's not that rare and there are always a lot of Scuds for sale. His dropped 50% in a year.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Jon but you dont know *** your talking about. Scuds are rarer than FGTs but who cares,Gremlins are rare too. Every modern cars depreciate the point Iam trying to make is dealers for the most part will REALLY try to low-ball you and a same brand dealer should be more considerate of what a loyal brand member is trying to trade for but their not, their greedy @#@%! who want to make 50K on each deal not 20. I know thats what they are in business for but lets face the facts,once your out the door its see ya sucker and I think thats how some of the early Gen V owners feel.
By the way find a scud like my car, mileage,condition,option and color combo wise for 145K and I will buy 5 of them.

LouN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry Jon but you dont know *** your talking about. Scuds are rarer than FGTs but who cares,Gremlins are rare too. Every modern cars depreciate the point Iam trying to make is dealers for the most part will REALLY try to low-ball you and a same brand dealer should be more considerate of what a loyal brand member is trying to trade for but their not, their greedy @#@%! who want to make 50K on each deal not 20. I know thats what they are in business for but lets face the facts,once your out the door its see ya sucker and I think thats how some of the early Gen V owners feel.
By the way find a scud like my car, mileage,condition,option and color combo wise for 145K and I will buy 5 of them.

You are right, most Gen V owners do feel like "too bad sucker", and you are right all cars depreciate, esp high performance cars. 50% in one year or less is really hard to swallow. What's even more insulting is that SRT dealers for the most part are not really interested in working a trade, it's like "hey you got that voucher, that's nice but we're really not interested, FO". Oh well, caveat emptor.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not getting it... Your scud dropped that value over 5+ years. The Gen 5 Viper is losing up to 50 % of it's value in the FIRST year. I'm ready to buy a Viper TA, but with the way the values are holding up, no way am I taking a loss like that.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not getting it... Your scud dropped that value over 5+ years. The Gen 5 Viper is losing up to 50 % of it's value in the FIRST year. I'm ready to buy a Viper TA, but with the way the values are holding up, no way am I taking a loss like that.

I do get it, the car in question was 141K and my car was 308,xxxK...Its the same dealers for the most part dealers **** and their greedy! not all mind you. I told the dealer that offered me 145K for my car if he was going to donate my car to Charity, his ***** wife? What the dealer offered the 141K owners car and my car were NO WAY near a respectable offer and they both deserve to be treated like crap especially on a less than 1 year old car!
I also asked the same ***** if he would sell me another scud like my car for 145K or I would even pay 155....he was silent.
Its the same old story their(dealers) cars are gold and your trade is *** metal when it comes to a trade.....

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing anyone that the dealer wouldn't take the car on a trade. They aren't "slapping" people in the face for trade in values.

Dealers checkout current auction rates and make offers based on what they can get at auction. Many dealers simply send trades to auctions instantly, so they don't care what vehicle it is simply what it will fetch at auction.

The fact is a $140k MSRP 2013 is going for auction at $60k. The dealer isn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paid $86k ($108 sticker) about 8 months ago for 2013 with track package. Not interested in selling anytime soon nor trading up. Drive it as a commute vehicle most days (although very short distance) and enjoying every mile. I would have much preferred there was no 2015 or even 2016 viper, then come back strong with a supercharged V10 or something . Let all the available Gen 5s find happy owners first, before producing one more. Coming out with TA 2.0, different colors, 5 more HP WOOOWWWW and even $15k less.....just a continuation of marketing errors. Not enough been offered to help those first buyers.

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory is to blame for putting customer car orders on hold to build dealer cars that no one ordered in the first place. Hundreds of customers waited 1/2 year or more for their custom builds that they paid 6 figures for. While they weren't bring built they saw other non customer cars built and sitting on, and over one year later continue to sit on dealer lots. Horrible launch. The other blame is prior gen viper owners. They bad mouthed the car for years. Most without ever having seen one or without having driven one. How can u hate a car you've never driven? They too share blame in driving down resale value. Now that prices have come down, big surprise, these self proclaimed naysayers are all buying the car. It speaks volumes that a no gen V bashing policy had to be implemented.

This car is the most underrated super car in the market today. I hope a 2016 gen V I Supercharged V10 hellsnake surfaces and generates the kind of excitement that the vehicle deserves.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys getting the low-ball trade offers simply aren't talking to the right dealerships. I would even guess some of them are small-town dealers, or dealers in the cold climate regions of the country, as we approach winter. A few slimy low-ball offers doesn't set the precedence on trade values. They are just seeing if you are as desperate as they are. I know of a few '13 SRT cars that went for mid-70s trade-in value, less than 2 weeks ago, post-voucher sale. Don't be afraid to shop outside of your zip code or state.

OP
OP
L

lawdogg149

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess this tells me my car will be going to the barn to sit with the others. I have a C7 zo6 coming very shortly. No way in hell would I take a $20,000 loss on this car. I am going to petit lemans this weekend and dodge will surely hear my complaints about this BS program.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony Romo had a good game this weekend and millions of stupid people love the Cowboys again. A supercharged Gen V will do the same to Viper Nation I suppose.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, no program is ever perfect , but in 25 years in the business I have never seen a Corporation try to make a gesture to accomodate the buyers of a vehicle that they essentially repriced. We ( Dealerships ) have been on the receiving end of Corvette fiascos over the years, where Week 1 saw a 10,000 rebate, followed so swiftly by a second reduction and then 0% financing added on. Dealers ( GM , Ford , Chrysler, Toyota,etc. ) were buried in cars and recent buyers could not get out of their newly purchased Vettes. They so far upside down that the Devil was their next door neighbor. With the Voucher and the price correction, it should not be overly difficult to trade up , but if that is not your concern now, why not commend Dodge for understanding that, and giving folks years to trade up. I know over the years the trade levels will balance out and it will be a fair move up for a new Snake. Not making everyone happy , but one would be foolish to believe a big rebate , like so often is done in the Automotive World, would not have had the same effect , except there would be no acknowledgement of wanting to show concern and integrity for the Viper buyer. Like so many things today, even a monumental attempt, never even envisioned before , has some folks mad. I know I was always frustrated, like many of you are, when I bought a vehicle and the very next month the rebates got better, but as angry as some of your are I ask you to search your memory for another automotive purchase that attempted to preserve your overall resale cost and value your business enough to work towards balance? The amazing thing , to me, is the flood of calls I got from contemporaries in the business who thought Dodge was nuts, and thought there was no way they were doing what was reported. The integrity of the voucher provided by Dodge is eye opening to many , but it is human nature for us to be disappointed when something happens that misses our personal timetable and leaves us wondering if we had only waited - or had better luck. Some of you have figured out that Dodge has , in it's own way, conceded it made mistakes in the 2013 launch, but to come forth and develop a sweeping change so many of you literally demanded , gives many hope the Snake will live. The perception is the market will collapse , but the reality has been that the used market for Gen IIIs and Gen IVs has been fairly stable for the last 3-4 years. It will drop a bit now, as rational folks understand that as new prices adjust , so do the used. Of course a 2003 is not going to drop 15K( since that was the reduction basis) but it will go down some.

Not going to convince many of you , but I am extremely proud to work for a company that has tried to do what is right and ethical in a business situation, and it is impossible to please all, but the fact that it stretches till 2018 shows a level of committment and willingness to understand the market and to give many folks an avenue to the future. There were reductions in 2008 and 2009 and they wrecked the market for awhile for many of you , but over the last few years many were getting, in trade, close to what some paid with rebates, etc. Automotive buyers have a capacity to forget and the initial higher price helped buyers of prior generations sell better. This new pricing will level out and many will make a decision on what model to own , but common sense ( and the trend ) will mean fewer high end Vipers will make it to the market --- bingo , supply and demand will bring some cache back the upper end and could even help the 2013 and 2014 GTSs.

Overall , there was alot thought in this process, but the bottom line is do you want the Viper saved or abandoned? Seems that Dodge said , " We need to listen to the consumer and price as they feel is appropriate for the marquee to survive?" Many of you asked for this over and over and over and when now granted are upset. I can empathize, and yet , the value is now your favorite beast will continue into the future. That is one consolation , I hope, for many of you?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper