Confusion about 2014 Viper Prices and $15,000 Rebate

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Community, I need your assistance please. I took my 2000 Viper for service and the dealerships sales manager stated he badly wanted my 2000 Viper RT for a new 2014. He said he could sell the Gen's 2 very easily and at good markup. He is offering the 2014 at Invoice and stated that the car includes a $15,000 rebate so he said "Sticker minus $11,000 off, plus additional $15,000 off". Guys, first, I am reading different articles about the $15,000 discount. Some are calling it a "Rebate" others calling it a voucher, still other are saying it's an additional $15,000 off the sticker price. I want to help support Dodge and we can all do this by buying more of their products, but this "discount" mess is really confusing. ... Any Feedback on the following would be helpful. (1) How much is a Good discount on a 2014 Viper Base or GTS (2) How does the $15,000 discount work???. Please feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable replying on the board. In advance, thank you everyone for your helpful advise!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty simple -----

All new Vipers are being repriced 15K lower -- this is their new MSRP and in fact Dealerships are now receiving new Window stickers. So if a Viper had a 130,000 window sticker it is now 115,000. The discount from there is at a Dealerships discretion ,etc. The Voucher is only for those who purchased a 2013 or 2014 Viper new , to in essence put them on equal footing with those who buy now -- not perfect , but a unique and ethical idea that no one in the industry ever remembers happening before.

Hope that helps?

OP
OP
V

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me post this question on pricing:

A dealership has a new 2014 Viper on their lot say the sticket is $130,000.
On their web site they are offering to discount the price by $11,000. (Sales guy claims there is not $15,000 reduction, but when I point it out to him. He confirms it.

Does this mean I can purchase the car at $15,000 + $11,000 = $26,000 off sticker????

Come on members..chime in please!!!!... I am trying to do this deal by Saturday.!!.. Thanks in advance!!!!

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the dealer was smart he should discount to the 26k. unless he wants to keep it longer. the real discount from him would be 11k. the other 15k is from srt, or dodge, or fiat ,or... if not there should be lots of great deals out there for that or more.

OP
OP
V

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the dealer was smart he should discount to the 26k. unless he wants to keep it longer. the real discount from him would be 11k. the other 15k is from srt, or dodge, or fiat ,or... if not there should be lots of great deals out there for that or more.

Thanks buddy..Much appreciated!!!!

Yup, $26K discount is where the Viper would need to be for me to do this deal. (To be at current Market Value).
Then, all I need to do is get my 2000 either Sold or Traded, for between $26K to $28K, and it's a done deal.

I am trying to get some comps from my local dealerships, then I'll call Woodhouse and try to finish the deal since they are a Viper club sponsor.
If not, my local dealership desperately wants my business since I told them they lost my business years ago due to them not willing to negotiate.

BlackViper03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with working out that deal - I've contacted a few dealers already and they are as dumb (read greedy) as before. Numerous times in the past few days I've contacted dealerships and inquired as to the price of their Vipers. In almost every case, the prices today are no different then they were before the "15K discount". A month ago new 2014s were being marked down up to 20K and they still weren't selling. Now after the supposed discounts - they are still advertised at the same marked down prices. What a joke - from what I've seen, dealers aren't applying the 15K price drop at all. Looks like their hoping the recent sales pitches bring in buyers that don't know any better.

IMO people will be much better off waiting a year to buy a much improved and much more powerful Viper - and they'll be priced more in line with the market. In two years the 13 and 14 MYs are going to be the Vipers people snicker at as the low HP cars.

Heck, the Hellcats are generating roughly 25% more HP than the 13/14 Vipers and will be priced at 40% less...they should be marking down the 13/14s by at least 30K.

OP
OP
V

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with working out that deal - I've contacted a few dealers already and they are as dumb (read greedy) as before. Numerous times in the past few days I've contacted dealerships and inquired as to the price of their Vipers. In almost every case, the prices today are no different then they were before the "15K discount". A month ago new 2014s were being marked down up to 20K and they still weren't selling. Now after the supposed discounts - they are still advertised at the same marked down prices. What a joke - from what I've seen, dealers aren't applying the 15K price drop at all. Looks like their hoping the recent sales pitches bring in buyers that don't know any better.

IMO people will be much better off waiting a year to buy a much improved and much more powerful Viper - and they'll be priced more in line with the market. In two years the 13 and 14 MYs are going to be the Vipers people snicker at as the low HP cars.

Heck, the Hellcats are generating roughly 25% more HP than the 13/14 Vipers and will be priced at 40% less...they should be marking down the 13/14s by at least 30K.

Brother.... You speak the truth!!!!... I agree with you 100%. Two dealers sales persons were saying they never heard of the $15,000 off deal. Then when I tell them about it, they come back with "Let me talk to my sales manager...oh you're right".
Thanks for you honest and truthful advise!!!!!

ViperDC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If he wants one, he should be able to find one at a great price right now...enjoy it for a couple years then upgrade to the newer viper if he wants one. If a dealer wont play ball, move onto the next. The deals are out there

PM me some details and pics of your RT10, ive been looking

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A small wammy will also happen, in many states you have to pay sales tax on the rebate coupons, anyone else know about this ?? Just putting all the facts out there...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sales tax and in some cases federal taxes also since Dodge is giving you 15K.

dmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You hit it on the head. I was pumped about it to start with but am seeing the same ole prices. Some, not all, seem to be trying to recoup the their loss. It gets under my skin for sure that I am seeing the same prices as before with the 15K discount. They are being greedy, Seems like giving them another year will be good. Let them take some more loss. The only areas I see as things being cut and dry is buying a TA. THe price is the price, no discounts really ever offered so at 90K with voucher it's a good deal.

dmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know sales are slow, but am highly suspicous that with these discounts there is something big coming in 2016/17. Possible Auto, large HP increase. Something that brings the Halo car status back. Not just a vert.

Who else is thinking this?

ViperDC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viperrossa90

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been trying to purchase a 2014 for over a month now, After all the BS several Dodge dealers (across the country) gave me, I was sick to my stomach dealing with all the crap and their attitude, so I decided I would be better off buying a gen. 4 for about half the price of a 2014 model and wait it out until their prices settle, considering gen 4s are already depreciated to the point where the prices are pretty much leveled (somewhat) and the fact that they too generate 600 ponies, I decided to go for it, so I bought a very ORANGE coupe with 1,500 miles and parked it next to my 2,600 mile Race Yellow 2002 GTS (still on mso, bought it new in April of 2002), maybe a few years later I will add a 2014 Stryker Green next to them, that would nicely complete my 3 car garage... BTW, in regards to the 15k off, dealers explanation was that ONLY current 2013, 2014 Viper owners can qualify with their VOUCHERS to buy another one with 15k discount, my response to them was, if I already own a 13 or 14, why in the heck would I buy another one just to I can save the 15k, that's just silly... One of these days I will take a few pictures and post them here...

Last edited:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wondering if this $15000 coupon is ONLY USA or is it where ever as I stopped at a Dealer here this morning and he said he knows nothing on a rebate or coupon or anything else. Just wondering as the Canadian Dealers do not know anything about it.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wondering if this $15000 coupon is ONLY USA or is it where ever as I stopped at a Dealer here this morning and he said he knows nothing on a rebate or coupon or anything else. Just wondering as the Canadian Dealers do not know anything about it.
the rebate is good in canada too. the dealers got a letter a few days ago. the rebate is 15k off in stock gen 5 cars, and another 15k voucher if you have bought a 2013 or 2014 viper.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you saying I should get $30,000 off because it is a 14? Or do you only get the coupon if you had a 14 before the coupon annoucement.
the rebate is good in canada too. the dealers got a letter a few days ago. the rebate is 15k off in stock gen 5 cars, and another 15k voucher if you have bought a 2013 or 2014 viper.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to get the extra voucher you would have to have bought a new 13 or 14 and still own it.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem I'm seeing is this: Dealership has a 2013 on his lot with a sticker of $120k. He discounted it $15k to $105k to try to get rid of it. It still just sat. Now, Chrysler lowers the sticker price by $15k. The dealership SHOULD knock another $15k off the $105k and get rid of the car. Instead, the greedy ******** are hording the $15k, leaving the price at $105k and thinking "Now I'm not losing any money." They aren't passing on all of the incentives to the consumer. They're trying to mitigate their own damages. Forget that. They'll be sitting on those cars for a while if that's their mentality.

OP
OP
V

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem I'm seeing is this: Dealership has a 2013 on his lot with a sticker of $120k. He discounted it $15k to $105k to try to get rid of it. It still just sat. Now, Chrysler lowers the sticker price by $15k. The dealership SHOULD knock another $15k off the $105k and get rid of the car. Instead, the greedy ******** are hording the $15k, leaving the price at $105k and thinking "Now I'm not losing any money." They aren't passing on all of the incentives to the consumer. They're trying to mitigate their own damages. Forget that. They'll be sitting on those cars for a while if that's their mentality.

Agreed. It's just their short term thinking. If the dealerships sold the car months earlier...The dealership would be making money right now on Oil Changes, Brakes, and highly profitable Warranty Work.

searchison

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shop around all, I have been looking in the New England area and have seen several at $30K off the old sticker price. You have to shop around and be willing to travel.

OP
OP
V

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shop around all, I have been looking in the New England area and have seen several at $30K off the old sticker price. You have to shop around and be willing to travel.

$30K off... Seriously?... It might be that Winter is coming to the East Coast and dealerships want to unload the vehicles ASAP!!!!!... otherwise they are stuck with inventory until next year.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he could not sell if for 105k (15k off), not sure why you think he should now drop another 15k? He should price it lower for sure, but just low enough to sell it. the drop in MSRP is there just to help the dealer and attract more buyers. How much they drop below the MSRP is completely their choice for their market, but would not assume it needs to be 15k more.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, but had you driven a Gen5 before making this decision?
I have been trying to purchase a 2014 for over a month now, After all the BS several Dodge dealers (across the country) gave me, I was sick to my stomach dealing with all the crap and their attitude, so I decided I would be better off buying a gen. 4 for about half the price of a 2014 model and wait it out until their prices settle, considering gen 4s are already depreciated to the point where the prices are pretty much leveled (somewhat) and the fact that they too generate 600 ponies, I decided to go for it, so I bought a very ORANGE coupe with 1,500 miles and parked it next to my 2,600 mile Race Yellow 2002 GTS (still on mso, bought it new in April of 2002), maybe a few years later I will add a 2014 Stryker Green next to them, that would nicely complete my 3 car garage... BTW, in regards to the 15k off, dealers explanation was that ONLY current 2013, 2014 Viper owners can qualify with their VOUCHERS to buy another one with 15k discount, my response to them was, if I already own a 13 or 14, why in the heck would I buy another one just to I can save the 15k, that's just silly... One of these days I will take a few pictures and post them here...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4