2014 Viper GTS Stryker Red

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let's hope Steve Fess sees this thread. I am sure he will know who the previous owner was.
For what it's worth, I think the dealers asking price is way high. I know where there is a brand new 2014 Stryker Red GTS that can be had for less than this used one. Let me know if you want the details.

Brian E

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's hope Steve Fess sees this thread. I am sure he will know who the previous owner was.
For what it's worth, I think the dealers asking price is way high. I know where there is a brand new 2014 Stryker Red GTS that can be had for less than this used one. Let me know if you want the details.

Brian E
Thanks Brian...yes I am interested. PM or email me the details.

Mike in NC

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi Brian, and Mike.

Yes, I saw this thread and was about to call a trusted friend in Fort Wayne area to do some checking when I saw Brian's post.

Can contact friend IF the lead on Brian's suggestion falls through.

CARFAX shows original dealer as an Audi, Porsche dealer. BUT, as I recall, they are also a Dodge/SRT dealer...still worth checking out any possible annomalies in any report.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Mike. PM sent.

Hi Steve. You hit the nail on the head. Odaniel's has a CJDR dealership right next to their Porsche Dealership. Never worked with anyone at the CJDR store, but the Porsche dealership is first class.
Carfax also states the first owner reported the color as purple, thats a little odd.
Maybe it's just the lighting, but in the pictures the gaps on the passenger side door, hood and quarter panel don't look to be uniform.

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Brian, and Mike.

Yes, I saw this thread and was about to call a trusted friend in Fort Wayne area to do some checking when I saw Brian's post.

Can contact friend IF the lead on Brian's suggestion falls through.

CARFAX shows original dealer as an Audi, Porsche dealer. BUT, as I recall, they are also a Dodge/SRT dealer...still worth checking out any possible annomalies in any report.

Steve...thanks. Brian's lead did not pan out. They have a couple listed as stryker red, but they are stryker green...no red in stock. Appreciate if you can contact friend.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you dont mind buying a canadian car. there is one here in montreal. with the exchange rate you could get is close to 100k us. has red seats and black wheels.

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for info. I don't care for red seats and have never been a fan of black wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing happened. something about that deal just didn't seem right. I am looking at a local Viper here.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think that we need to end speculation here as it may mislead people into thinking there is something wrong with this Viper or its seller. I will say that the Carfax listing a Porsche dealer as the prep place and seller may seem funny to most...UNTIL one finds out that O'Daniel group owns both the Porsche dealership and the CDJR and SRT dealership in Fort Wayne. Since the original buyer was a longtime customer at the Porsche place, I am told that he bought the car new through them...only to find out that he is "more of a European car guy" by history and current preference. I believe that he drove the Viper twice by an e-mail that he sent to one of our Members. While I have not seen this car, I have no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with it at this point.

According to a VIN check through Dodge by a Tech, this Viper is not a buy back.

Finally, I believe that a recent sales tax law in Indiana requires the collection of a 7% sales tax even if the car is shipped out of state to a state without a separate reciprocity agreement. Thus a sale to say NC would cost the buyer 10% in taxes according to the original poster. If I was in that position, I would also look for a Viper close to home.

I felt obligated to post this info as Sweet Motors have been very open with our guys on this Viper.

If you have to have Stryker Red 2013, look at this one carefully...and, do your normal due diligence for a Gen V Viper. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Andymlow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what was the deal on this car? Looks like they still have it listed for sale?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
My checking on this car was 6 months ago. As I recall, original poster ran into a sales tax glitch...would have to pay in two states, even if shipped. Thus, he started to look locally, and at Corvettes.
I had forgotten about this car. As I recall, I also spoke with the GM...who seemed straight forward.

You might call them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235