Jacking Your Viper Up On A 4-Post Lift

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help anyone or not but thought I'd post the way I do it b/c we run into unique clearance issues when using bottle jacks on jack trays. I had to change my battery so my solution was to get a pair of scissor jacks and use the jack points on the car to get it up high enough to put jack stands under the frame rails which sit on the jack tray of my lift. This worked perfect and was very stable and controlled all the way up/down. Here is a couple pics, if this has already been discussed my apologies I just thought it might help someone:

You must be registered for see images

720hr_World_Record

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I get my first Viper I need more space in my garage. Has anyone purchased and installed the "Backyard Buddy" brand 4 post lift?

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at installing a lift in my shop also. Not sure if I want 2 post or 4 post. I have plenty of ceiling clearance and floor space. I think the 4 post with ramps would be more stable and easier on the car, but doesn't allow tire removal without the jacking bridge or other means of lifting. The 2 post can be placed on precise points of the frame, but I would need to make sure they are low profile enough to go under the car without having to drag a floor jack around to pre-lift it, which would be aggravating. I'm also looking for possibly using the lift for long term storage (month or so at a time) and not sure if the 2 post would be supportive enough for that long. What would you guys recommend between the two options? Price is not the major consideration. Convenience, stability and ease of access to all components of the car while being able to open the doors is more important to me.

I am also open to installing a "hidden" system in my floor(I know a jackhammer will be involved for the cement, but no problem). Scissor lift type probably for this option. Any thoughts on those?

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that a four post would be more stable. I know people with both the 2 post and 4 post. I've heard the good and bad about both. The one thing I've
heard Most about the 2 post is that if it's not 100 % in the right places, bad s**t can happen. I would be very cautious taking a jack hammer to the foundation.
:)

720hr_World_Record

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested in the Backyard Buddy 4 post because it looks like it is really easy to move the lift and car around the garage floor with their caster option - 1 person easy pull - you can see it in their demonstration video. No mounting to floor needed!

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes life convenient being able to move it around. I'd go 2 post as long as you can get it under the car without using a jack. Having to lift and lift again to get the tires off is just making more work for yourself. A friend of mine has both, and I always use the 2 post... Haven't lifted the viper with it though.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are using it for storage or parking a car underneath to make more room, spend a LITTLE bit extra and get the 4 post, it is a no brainer. Sure, you may find it a pain in the ass to put a jack under there when you want to remove the tires, but the little amount that happens vs storing with a 2 post isn't worth it