I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arizonajack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted a Viper for a long time and finally got one a few weeks ago - a 1996 Black RT 10.

So I'm checking for a Viper Club and I find the Viper Owners Association and Viper Club of America.

What's up with that?

Did people get mad at each other in the past and split into two factions?

Like Hatfields and McCoys?

Why need two national Viper Clubs?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
yes…..

and depending on where you ask, you will get vastly different answers

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all of the officers on the other side get paid from the memberships, you will find out soon they will start recruiting you very aggressively. Enjoy your car and have a blast with it and don't worry about any of the politics.

JANEY

VCA Member-Director MW Zone & Great Lakes Region
Venom Member
Reaction score
Arizonajack

They are right that there are a lot of different stories about what happen to cause the break up of the Viper community in to two clubs. If you take your time and review the two web sites. You'll see which one best fits your needs. As far as my wife and I, we just left the VOA and came back to the VCA. We are now restarting the VCA OHIO region with a fair amount of members. This tail of the VCA being short on members is not true. Yes some people have left the VCA, some are dual members of both clubs, and some are or will be changing back to the VCA. There is one thing you should know is that no matter what your choice is you will be welcome at most VCA events no matter weather your a member or not. VCA is changing and has gotten back to the basics. That is just to have fun with the Viper.

P.S. THE VCA IS HERE TO STAY, spread the word.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JANEY:3261352 said:
Arizonajack

They are right that there are a lot of different stories about what happen to cause the break up of the Viper community in to two clubs. If you take your time and review the two web sites. You'll see which one best fits your needs. As far as my wife and I, we just left the VOA and came back to the VCA. We are now restarting the VCA OHIO region with a fair amount of members. This tail of the VCA being short on members is not true. Yes some people have left the VCA, some are dual members of both clubs, and some are or will be changing back to the VCA. There is one thing you should know is that no matter what your choice is you will be welcome at most VCA events no matter weather your a member or not. VCA is changing and has gotten back to the basics. That is just to have fun with the Viper.

Very well said.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Arizonajack

Now there is some good news

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all of the officers on the other side get paid from the memberships,
This is such bull****!!! There is plenty of hard proof that the former (not current) offices of the VCA benefitted financially from the membership. Give me ONE, just ONE scintilla of evidence that your statement is true!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm checking for a Viper Club and I find the Viper Owners Association and Viper Club of America.

What's up with that?

If you are looking for which club to join, I would suggest doing that based on your personal goals. If just an internet presence, then just go by what content that the sites deliver. If you want local involvement, then, the local club's affiliation is what is important. IMHO, most of the local clubs really do not have any strong attachment with national. They made a decision about affiliation when the split occurred and emotions were high, and the future was unclear. I would be proud to be a member of either club, if I become a Viper owner again.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated here, you have to make your own decision, there are many car clubs (not just vipers) so you gotta do what's best for you. Yes, the prior-board-members did indeed get some nice benefits from being in power, as Granger has mentioned, they are all gone, you can get all involved with the history, and drama, or you can just pick with what fits your needs.

The sad thing is there is a LOT of intimidation, drama, and pressure for certain car clubs, and anyone who resorts to those tactics (and you know who you are, you still read these boards), are people you should stay away from.

This is an optional hobby, we're not out to make money, we wanna have a good time, with good, positive, passionate people, it's taking time, but the true spirit of what this is supposed to be is starting to come back...

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite the rhetoric from both organizations, neither Viper club has followed through on their original stated commitments to the membership for 2014 (at a national level). It's clear that the strength in the Viper community is in the local club(s) and you should find a group of enthusiasts that you identify with (Viper or other) and not worry about the national affiliation. Simple math would suggest that most Viper owners do not belong to either club.

There is excellent technical content on all three of the main Viper forums and so far, all are accessible to everyone so there is no reason to be concerned that you'll be locked out of valuable content should you choose one club over the other.

Whatever you decide, enjoy the new car!

OP
OP
A

arizonajack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple math would suggest that most Viper owners do not belong to either club.

Dirk Pitt, wow, I've read some of your adventure stories. :)

Anyway, I have other collector vehicles and have had a variety of different makes and models so I haven't been a member of any club for a long time.

I'll probably just participate on the forums for a while and meet the local people and see how it goes.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!!! Post DELETED. Didn't see that coming. No warning; no explanation. I actually believed that things had changed. Oh well.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!!! Post DELETED. Didn't see that coming. No warning; no explanation. I actually believed that things had changed. Oh well.

Lol and you're a paying VCA member..... what are your benefits here ??? No magazines, no right to express your opinion....

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wrong to delete the post without informing granger, no excuse, I have written him and explained that posts supporting competing products are not allowed here, and we all know that.

Of course you can voice your opinion. What are your benfits?
Magazines (yes we're late, but thanks for reminding us)
Insurance at events
You got your memberhsip free if you attended VOI
VPA discounts (just call and you can see what's on special)
Website access

But you're right, let's continue to talk about magazines, that's the only thing there is. I'm closing this thread, it's gone away from it's intent.

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arizonajack

Amen to that!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 28 page magazine was recently sent by email attachment to all members. It is one of the best VCA magazines that I have seen in my 14 years as a member. The VCA held two national events so far this year. The Viper vs Viper event ( car vs F16 fighter jet) and the VOI at Circuit of the Americas ("COTA"). COTA is widely believed to be one of the best road courses in the world. It was the first time the Viper Nation had the opportunity to meet and have fun at that venue.

But for me, the most valuable benefit of membership is complete access to the searchable site archives. This site predates my membership and has an incredible accumulation of data regarding Gen I through Gen IV and, of course Gen V. There is no other database outside of the FCA computers that has the depth and breadth of Viper data available.

And, for those who enjoy viewing photos of the fairer sex posed on or near Vipers there is a thread that started in 2004 that has 7,270 posts including the opening post and which has been viewed 1,143,149 times. The thread recently received the Outstanding Artistic Achievement Award from the National Association of Heterosexual Males and an honorable mention from the National Association of ********. (JK)

Of course there are the club member discounts, etc. that Nsane1 mentioned above.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bob, last point and this is closed, another contrast is the events you mentioned are open to all Viper owners, just not members of the VCA. We don't shun people, intimidate, or use scare tactics from letting anyone attend any other club's events (not even a Vette club! :) ). Nor will you hear leaders of this club bad-mouth another club (EXCEPT the PCA or the Vette club :) ) The cars are to be enjoyed, the people are to be enjoyed, we simply don't care what your tshirt says, the car is the same, and the people (mostly) have the same desires.

In the end it's your call, do what's right for you, and oh yea welcome AZJack to the wonderful world of Viper ownership! Keep the shiny side up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.