Gen I wrap around instrument panel plastic - very discolored - paint

Titan1969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently picked up a black '95 that was not well maintained by the owner for 10 years. Appears he did not use the smaller cockpit cover to block UV rays and the plastic that wraps around the gauges across the instrument panel is various colors of grey, brown and yellow :(
Should I try and find a light grey aerosol paint, scrub, lightly sand and paint this plastic? Or have you done something else I should consider?
Thanks in advance.
Great website.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Might want to search the site for suggestions - and in a nutshell - get ready for some "fun" work. Easy off oven cleaner will work the best to strip off the old stuff. Do not use any sharp objects or sandpapers as you will scratch the plastic. Take your time and it will turn out better than new.

Bad Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Titan 1969 I have a first Gen, I did the Vinyl wrap first, looked ok , then after awhile it started to lift up on the edges in a few spots, etc, I then took the dash Off, easy 8-10 screws took the dash to have it Hydro Graphics dipped, looks like carbon fiber, can send photos if you write me at
[email protected] still have difficulties with this site posting photos. anyway looks great , clean , permanent , like carbon fiber, did the door handle plates also to have the whole wrap around effect. You'll love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32