Latest VCA magazine. Am I missing something?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the latest VCA magazine and was expecting a huge article on the VOI, both on the cover and inside but did not see anything on it. Also the magazine seems to have a lot less pages compared to the past issues. Was it published too soon after the VOI to have some articles maybe? Next edition?

V

VCA Forum Staff

No, you should have gotten 5 now since Dec. Contact support@viperclub and we can get this sorted

2000 GTS Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, I knew I was right. I've called them multiple times over this past year wondering where they are and left messages every time and Not ONCE have I got a call back!! Thank you,I just emailed them now.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, we have a new support person that started last week, largely due to complaints like yours. Apologies for our previous crappy service levels related to calling into support, if you don't see a radical improvement (eg you don't get a response back in 24 hours) please let me know.

2000 GTS Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nsane1... I heard from Cj today TWICE,so I'd say things are much improved!!! And my issue is resolved too!! Thank you all.

viper4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"No, you should have gotten 5 now since Dec. Contact support@viperclub and we can get this sorted"

please explain which volumes those alledged 5 magazines were. buddy's of mine got the first and only vca magazine for the year 2014 early december. a slim one. 1st quarter 2014 issue despite already having a voi13 report? will there be 2-3 more magazines till the end of 2014? why should anyone consider joining or re-joining based on this?

V

VCA Forum Staff

Sorry, no idea why your buddy got 1 in 2014. Please have him call support and we'll get him fixed up, 5 were shipped, one was a 2 issues shipped at the same time. More are on the way, our new support person that took over over the holidays are working on the next one.

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please post images of the covers of the four physical magazines that were shipped in 2014 so people will know which magazines they did not receive.

Sorry, no idea why your buddy got 1 in 2014. Please have him call support and we'll get him fixed up, 5 were shipped, one was a 2 issues shipped at the same time. More are on the way, our new support person that took over over the holidays are working on the next one.

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

These are the four magazines that were sent out in 2014. It is kind of confusing because of the way they are dated.
I believe the July/Aug and Sept/Oct 2013 issues were sent out in January of 2014, and the Nov/Dec 2013 issue was sent out in July. Then, Issue 1 2014 was sent in December. Please look for Volume 21, Issues 1 thru 4 to come out in in 2015.

V

VCA Forum Staff

Well that's your first post, thanks CJ.

All please welcome CJ, our new admin for the VCA, we'll do a formal intro in the next mag, but she has a lot of history with Mopar, a ton of Customer Service and dealership experience, and is as enthusiastic and car crazy as anyone. We're lucky to have her, thanks CJ!

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The VCA management is doing a fantastic job--remember that all of the officers are volunteer. We all owe them a big THANKYOU--Dave

viper4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, things have been mixed up here. Post #9 is about VM's for 2014, not about how many were shipped in 2014. VM-covers in post #13 are helpful. 3 of the 4 shipped in 2014 are 2013 issues. The Viper vs Viper shown on the left is the only 2014 issue. That has been received by my buddy, also those for 2013. Question is about the remaining / missing 3 issues FOR 2014. Please explain.

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, and yes, it is a little confusing. From what I can tell, that the Magazines originally went out quarterly, but you will see that the 2013 dated issues are bi-monthly, and that made six issues. Therefore, some of them had to fall into a 2014 mail date. Long story short, last year had four issues mailed out, as it should have; and, 2015 will follow suit with four quarterly issues - back on track. Please look for the first one to be Volume 21, Issue 1, coming out within the next couple of months. I hope that helps.

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone appreciates your response and the clarity it provides. Those of us that had been long-time paid members of the VCA are well aware of the fall-out of the numerous changes in the VCA in the last 24 months. The magazine is just one of many shortchanged membership benefits. Anyone who was a member in 2013 & 2014 did not get the expected number of magazines but it's time to move on (as you note).

Hopefully you'll be able to get back to a schedule where "promised" magazines are shipped within the calendar year of membership so there can be no debate as to what year a particular issue counts toward. It's been years since any national Viper club has been able to do that so you'll gain a lot of credibility if/when that happens here. In the interim, I'd expect there will be far fewer members as the magazine is one of the few benefits that many members experienced. Good luck in your efforts CJ.

Sorry, and yes, it is a little confusing. From what I can tell, that the Magazines originally went out quarterly, but you will see that the 2013 dated issues are bi-monthly, and that made six issues. Therefore, some of them had to fall into a 2014 mail date. Long story short, last year had four issues mailed out, as it should have; and, 2015 will follow suit with four quarterly issues - back on track. Please look for the first one to be Volume 21, Issue 1, coming out within the next couple of months. I hope that helps.

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words and support, Dirk Pitt - thank you!

I want y'all to remember, too, that this is YOUR magazine. VIPER MAGAZINE is a wonderful opportunity for members to share experiences, accomplishments, and pictures with fellow enthusiasts. My goal is to make y'all proud of that again; and, to do that I want to ask for your help. Send me some pics and stories. Tell me about your Vipers. Help me make VIPER MAGAZINE something that you are proud to receive and read, again. I would greatly appreciate the input!

The main focus of the next issue is VOI13. I, personally, would love to hear all about it, and see all of the great fun that you had. You can email your contributions to: [email protected]. THANKS!!

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The first three of last year's issues were carryovers not delivered as promised for 2013 (when the magazine was still bi-monthly). Those of us who were members in 2013 still got the late magazines delivered in 2014. Those who renewed in 2014 therefore only received one year-specific magazine. The magazine was not quarterly until the wheels fell off the bus. I have no problem with a quarterly magazine if it's known when subscribed. Hope to see things get back on track in 2015.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WDW - Yea I concur, it's not been optimal, lots of reasons for it, none that make the pain go away for you, however. Clawing our way back slowly and surely, we appreciate the patience and support. Oh crap, I just got the nickname, cool, I hope that's your plate!

2White, just saw your post, thank you for the thanks. We are indeed all volunteer (and we even pay for our own way to events, so we don't even get cool boondoggles anymore :) ), but I don't think we are "owed" thanks (we do appreciate it tho!). When we get everything back on track where people are reasonably happy again, and you feel like you're getting good value, then maybe we are owed :)

Job not done yet, but thanks VERY much for the encouragement and thank you's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper