New Owner ACR-X

coomer00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi , I received delivery of my 2010 Viper ACR-X #27 two weeks ago.
I live near Philadelphia and I've just started to prepare it for the upcoming season.
I have pulled the transmission out and have send it out for inspection / overhaul . I need to change out the clutch slave cylinder --any recommendations for an upgraded model or just stick with the OEM assembly? I will fit a remote bleeder --any recommendations and where to buy?
The car came with a spare 2 plate clutch complete with flywheel from Toddy Gomez ( Bad Boyzz Garage) -I am going to pull the clutch tomorrow and replace with the spare--anything to know about these clutches?
Finally any recommendations for the transmission and differential fluids ---I have been using Amsoil products in the past and have had great success.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
For the sport.
Richard.

p.s. My previous track car was a corvette Z06.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Congrats, and have fun (sorry, can't help with the other questions)

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They never made an ACR X for 2010, only an ACR. The X,s were all made years ago. Is it an X from years ago or a converted ACR?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They never made an ACR X for 2010, only an ACR. The X,s were all made years ago. Is it an X from years ago or a converted ACR?
50 ACR-X's made in 2010. Raced in VRL.
Factory built race cars, not street legal.
I have seen 2 in person at a track event. -they were the only cars that passed me that day. These are not regular Vipers.
They make regular production ACR's look slow.
An ACR-X ran a 7.03ish at the N'ring when the 2010 ACR set the 7.12 record.
ACR-X time doesn't count for their 'production car' record though apparently. I think more hype should have been given to the X.

The ACR-X is the ultimate monster track day weapon.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50 ACR-X's made in 2010. Raced in VRL.
Factory built race cars, not street legal.
I have seen 2 in person at a track event. -they were the only cars that passed me that day. These are not regular Vipers.
They make regular production ACR's look slow.
An ACR-X ran a 7.03ish at the N'ring when the 2010 ACR set the 7.12 record.
ACR-X time doesn't count for their 'production car' record though apparently. I think more hype should have been given to the X.

The ACR-X is the ultimate monster track day weapon.

correct, also can be compares to chevy camaro that was built just for the dragstrip, not street legal, and very low numbers big$$$...

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car came with a spare 2 plate clutch complete with flywheel from Toddy Gomez ( Bad Boyzz Garage) -I am going to pull the clutch tomorrow and replace with the spare--anything to know about these clutches?

Yes there is definitely a possible issue with clutches; but, what you have is most probably the upgraded replacement. I would verify that with Toddy Gomez to be certain. I do not know the specific history. My input is only as a result of reading a thread on the subject: Clutch-Nearly-Ruined-My-Engine

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally forgot how far back 2010 was. Bad gin I guess when I responded !! Thanks for the correction and they are a beast to say the least. Keating won the championship twice with one in the old cup series.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a manual for the ACR-X, I suggest you use it. There is also a maintenance schedule and fluid suggestions etc. If you want, send me your email and I can send it to you. BTW, so you know, there was no Viper Racing League (VRL-old series) for the ACR-X, it was the 'Viper Cup' spec car, a now defunct series. Go to narraonline.com for the successor series US GT. Toddy's clutch is the best unit. Motul fluids are recommended.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I service and track several ACRX's and would be happy to help you with all of your needs.

Dan Cragin
310-597-6297

OP
OP
C

coomer00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy Gomez of Bad Boyzz Garage is rebuilding the clutch and making me a billet slave cylinder with remote bleeder . He is producing some great products and has a wealth of knowledge --highly recommended.
Richard
Richard