Thread: Looking to get in the market

Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast

Default Looking to get in the market

Hey guys I'm not new here, but I don't think I've ever introduced myself. I'm looking to get into a viper either in the next 20days or next year when I get back from my tour in Korea. I'm torn between a 1996-1999 GTS or a 2006 or 2008-2010 Coupe. Any advice would be appreciated. I know the Gen II will be a collectors item soon so I'm really leaning towards the Gen II. Either way I go I'm gonna stay NA... UNLESS I buy it with a blower already on it. So over the next year I'll be here doing some serious reading and learning.

Viper Owner

Default Re: Looking to get in the market

Welcome, (and thanks for your service). You picked, IMO the 2 best gens of Vipers. I own both, and really I think it's going to come down to your preference. The G4 is a refined G2, more power easier to drive, much faster.

Both are bullet proof and dead sexy. The ABS might be a factor for you, as is the availability of parts. Additionally, I think you might find more blowers on the Gen2s. And I still believe the b/w gen2s will be the most desirable over the long haul (broadly speaking). Ironically, they might even be close to the same price (again broadly speaking) depending on what you want to do, when you get one, which exact year you evaluate, etc.

So, basically, it''s up to you. You will have a huge grin every time you drive either one, so just get both and be done with it