Thread: Searching for another snake

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    123

    Default Searching for another snake

    Hello everyone,

    Sold my 2001 gts 2 yr ago when my son was born. Though my wife said I can keep it, it just didn't make sense for me athe time.

    Well I've regretted that decision ever since and have longed for one once again. Though I'm not in a rush to get one, I've been lamenting on whether to get the blue and white of the 96/97, Sapphire blue with or without stripes, or a black gts. I'm open to other colors too though.

    Since I can't make up my mind, perhaps someone can throw me a deal I can't refuse or at least help me decide? I will drive the car about 1000 miles a year and plan not to sell it until at least 2035 when I am 55. So foreseeable value is also one to consider.

    I have found a
    1996 gts b/w with 14k for 50k
    1997 gts b/w with 6800k for 45k
    1997 gts b/w with 12k for 48k

    Also, do you all think the rare colors will appreciate just as much if not more than the b/w which was produced much more during the 96 and beginning of 97 years?

  2. #2
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    I'm mildly considering purchasing two. Though space in garage can only accommodate one for now for about another year and a half when my wife is upgrading our home to something larger to accommodate our then growing (hopefully) family.

  3. #3
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,046

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    The B'Ws seem to demand more money. If you see one in the sunlight you will know why...

  4. #4
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    I've seen it here in socal. Beautiful indeed. I'm considering a 96 with less than 10k miles but also wondering how much $ more I have to put in for restoring. One would think a 18+ year vehicle would need lots of things replaced.

  5. #5
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,046

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1098 View Post
    I've seen it here in socal. Beautiful indeed. I'm considering a 96 with less than 10k miles but also wondering how much $ more I have to put in for restoring. One would think a 18+ year vehicle would need lots of things replaced.
    Hopefully the owner kept a maintenance log , if not change fluids accordingly and check date code on tires.

  6. #6
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    Thats all I could think about was the Blue and White GTS
    nothing looked cooler and meaner when they hit the streets!!! Honestly grab the one thats in the best condition and you will be happy.
    Hope you land one buddy

  7. #7
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Phila Suburbs
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,605

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1098 View Post

    Also, do you all think the rare colors will appreciate just as much if not more than the b/w which was produced much more during the 96 and beginning of 97 years?
    Yes, the rare 1 year only low production colors will definitely appreciate just as much as the b/w or FE cars in my opinion. I think the Graphite/Silver, Sapphire/Silver or the Bumble Bee (yellow/black 01 and 02) will be at the top of the list since they are very low production numbers such as 60, 86 and (108 and 37) and they have ABS. That said I may be a little biased, LOL. Personally I think they will all eventually become collectable with red probably being the most obtainable since red was made every year. The question is will I still be around when this happens. I will say that nice cars are getting harder and harder to find and I do not see them dropping in price anymore. Junky Vipers will probably still be had for a deal for a while longer but nice cars are getting rare.

    Cars with low production numbers.

    1998 Red w stripe - 11
    Silver/Blue - 21
    Black/Silver - 94
    01 Yellow/Black - 108
    02 Yellow/Black - 37
    Sapphire/Silver - 86
    Graphite/Silver - 60

    All ACR's are under 100 for any color.

    JMHO!

    I have been tracking the Sapphire/Silver cars and can say that well over 1/2 of them have high mileage, are rough and or have been modified so I am guessing the above numbers are really high and can probably be cut in half if you are looking for a perfect example of one of those colors.

  8. #8
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    You should add:

    00: Steel Metal Grey ACR - 85

    ... and screw ABS.

  9. #9
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Phila Suburbs
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,605

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchdob View Post
    You should add:

    00: Steel Metal Grey ACR - 85

    ... and screw ABS.
    I already included all ACR's. It is 39 and 46 for a total of 85. While it is not a major thing I do feel ABS makes for a better car. Certainly do not want to debate it on this thread, nor do I want to get into the creampuff/forged discussion. All topics that have strong options by people on both sides. Do a search and you will not find any shortage of threads on Forged vs Creampuff and ABS or no ABS. Almost as many as Vette vs Viper threads. LOL

  10. #10
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1098 View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Sold my 2001 gts 2 yr ago when my son was born. Though my wife said I can keep it, it just didn't make sense for me athe time.

    Well I've regretted that decision ever since and have longed for one once again. Though I'm not in a rush to get one, I've been lamenting on whether to get the blue and white of the 96/97, Sapphire blue with or without stripes, or a black gts. I'm open to other colors too though.

    Since I can't make up my mind, perhaps someone can throw me a deal I can't refuse or at least help me decide? I will drive the car about 1000 miles a year and plan not to sell it until at least 2035 when I am 55. So foreseeable value is also one to consider.

    I have found a
    1996 gts b/w with 14k for 50k
    1997 gts b/w with 6800k for 45k
    1997 gts b/w with 12k for 48k

    Also, do you all think the rare colors will appreciate just as much if not more than the b/w which was produced much more during the 96 and beginning of 97 years?
    All of those are incredibly overpriced.

  11. #11
    VCA Member
    UT/AZ

    Join Date
    Oct 1995
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Searching for another snake

    Quote Originally Posted by ViperDC View Post
    All of those are incredibly overpriced.
    I remember back in 1976 trying to buy a Hemi Cuda, the guy was asking 6 grand, I said no way am I going to pay you double for what you payed for the car new. I thought it was overpriced, I think I made a mistake.

Similar Threads

  1. Searching for a few pictures
    By Fursty in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 12:19 AM
  2. Searching for....
    By RobZilla in forum Merchandise, Collectibles, Memorabilia, Apparel, and Miniatures
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
  3. Searching The Forum
    By SYNFULL in forum Board and Site Questions/Suggestions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 06:39 PM
  4. Searching Out Hogdealer
    By BJ MOTORS in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 09:25 PM
  5. Searching for an oppertunity
    By Casey 111 in forum Sneaky Pete's Place
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts