Is this a place to learn about Viper's or just for owners?

DroolSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here.
I joined b/c I have really fallen for the new Viper and I am interested in learning the in's and out's.
I'm kind of realizing that this forum might be for owners only?

Am I in the wrong place and if so what forum do you recommend.

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

DroolSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the replies.
I just feel a bit strange not owning the car yet and the site seems geared to owners.

OP
OP
D

DroolSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many ask plenty of questions before purchasing.

Cool, that is the plan. I see your in Tyson's Corner. I use to work for Capital One in McLean right around the corner.
Beautiful area but too much traffic!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! No stupid questions, especially when it comes to vipers, with the rarity, it can be tough to find info and answers. I'd guess most here hit the forums and interwebs prior to owning, so you're in good company. There are probably an equal number of gen5 owners who are first timers as there are that have been viper'ing since the '90s, and we have some of the best vendor support of any car out there, with tons of knowledge. Thanks for appreciating the car we're all so passionate about, I know everyone would love to share info.

Dave.

OP
OP
D

DroolSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! No stupid questions, especially when it comes to vipers, with the rarity, it can be tough to find info and answers. I'd guess most here hit the forums and interwebs prior to owning, so you're in good company. There are probably an equal number of gen5 owners who are first timers as there are that have been viper'ing since the '90s, and we have some of the best vendor support of any car out there, with tons of knowledge. Thanks for appreciating the car we're all so passionate about, I know everyone would love to share info.

Dave.

Dave, your not kidding about it being tough to find info and answers. I can't believe this car is not more popular, then again I am not sure why I wasn't a fan until now.
I sure hope people come around and the car doesn't disappear again.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was here are year before I bought my first Viper (1996), asked ALL kinds of stupid questions until I bought my 97 (off this site from a sponsoring dealer).

Point is, there is no place better to find what you want to know, we have 20 years of data about every kind of Viper there ever was. We also have awesome resources that know these cars like the backs of their hands and are happy to help (JonB, Keith, others).

You are, frankly, why this forum exists, so you hopefully will buy and love a Viper (and you WILL love it).

Welcome to the crazy world of Vipers!