Financial's status

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was brought up in another thread, and we should have been more proactive in communicating this to you.

As we've stated before, we've had a lot of work with the IRS, going over previous financials (all the way back to when JRT ran the show BTW). We think this is largely behind us, but of course, as you get audited about previous financials, current financials take a back seat.

We have filed extensions for our 2013 financials, and our current extension puts these due next month (end Feb). We are working with the CPA to move this forward. When the due date hits, we'll either have filed a new extension or have these done. This will be the last set of financials under the previous operating structure (C2C), so moving forward (2014 financials) they will be a lot simpler and more palatable (zero being paid to directors etc.)

We realize this is not optimal, but I'm sure anyone that has been audited by the IRS can attest that these are far from optimal experiences.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an update here, I have seen a draft 990, and this will be submitted Monday. We will then turn it around in the member's forum.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update. The Form 990 for the year ending 3/31/2014 has been electronically filed. I assume that when someone gets a chance to post a link or PDF, they will. I would guess by the beginning of the coming week.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucas (treasurer) has the to-do to post these as well as give some explanation for some of the items (ie why do we still see some names on there that make no sense:answer 2013 filing, and it's the last time those name will be in our filing, etc.).

He told me this would happen this week.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. The return is for the year beginning 4/1/2013 and ending 3/31/2014. It is not a calendar year return.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guide star shows the 2012 (YE 3/31/13) as the most current return. Wh n will the 2013 be available?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 990 for the year ending 3/31/2014 is available in the Members Only subforum and has its own thread entitled " VCA Fiscal Year 2013 990's Financial Treasurer Report".

There is always a delay between the time a Form 990 is electronically filed with the IRS and when it appears on the Guidestar site. Gudestar is not an IRS site.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gudestar is not an IRS site.
While that may be true, the IRS does however recommend that Guidestar be contacted to see an organization’s current activities or financial data.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not a matter of it "may" be true. It is true. Guidestar is not an IRS organization or web site and does not get Form 990 data immediately upon it being filed with the IRS. Guidestar is an independent non profit, federally exempt organization. To imply otherwise is not correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GuideStar

With that clarified, it is interesting to use the research tool on Guidestar to see how few organizations have some key words like "Viper" in them. There is a surprising shortfall in the number that one would expect to be there.

While that may be true, the IRS does however recommend that Guidestar be contacted to see an organization’s current activities or financial data.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper