Thread: VCA Hellcat Raffle

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Viper Owner

And its not even April fools yet.

Has Left the Room!

Default Re: VCA Hellcat Raffle

Is it possible to ask how the raffle is going without being accused of a nefarious intent?

Raffle Interesting Facts @ $200 per ticket
    1500 tickets sold – net VCA profit = $230k – winner -$70k Hellcat, net after taxes – about $49k
    1000 tickets sold - net VCA profit = $130k – winner - $70k Hellcat, net after taxes – about $49k
    999 tickets sold – net VCA profit = $99.9k – winner - $99.9k CASH net after taxes – about $74.5k
    500 tickets sold – net VCA profit = $50k – winner $50k cash, net after takes – about $37.5k

Viper Owner

I guess we will find out.

VCA Member
    South Florida

And for those who would like to see what you could win in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qLYvNjoLR0
    '14 Blk Vper TA; old Vper: Q:11.4, st mi:174; '15 Auto Chall Hellcat Q:10.985/126.96; 08 SRT8 Jeep(159.52 st mi)(Q:12.13/111.7);00 Fd Ltning:Q:12.89/105.48 (sold). Best Q (Tp Dragster): 207.43 /6.793

VCA Member
    South Florida

And look at and read this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkFL1scP6Rs#t=25

This baby is going to be easy to get over 800 flywheel HP well within tolerances.
    '14 Blk Vper TA; old Vper: Q:11.4, st mi:174; '15 Auto Chall Hellcat Q:10.985/126.96; 08 SRT8 Jeep(159.52 st mi)(Q:12.13/111.7);00 Fd Ltning:Q:12.89/105.48 (sold). Best Q (Tp Dragster): 207.43 /6.793

Viper Owner

Code is almost complete, it just doesn't seem to total yet correctly, hold please, we will have it done tonight.

Crap, just ordered two and was charged $600. I thought it would be $525. Any chance that I'll be refunded the $75 or did I read something wrong? I'm a non-member presently.

Dave

Viper Owner

Dave-

yes you'll be refunded. Please contact CJ at support, sorry for the hassle.
    Greg

Sent a general message through the "contact us" portion at the bottom of the main page.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T(BADVENM) View Post
    Crap, just ordered two and was charged $600. I thought it would be $525. Any chance that I'll be refunded the $75 or did I read something wrong? I'm a non-member presently.

Dave
    Good Luck on the Raffle Dave

(Thinking quietly to myself.... I know that name from.... WOW.... years ago)
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Hey Jeff, had a sapphire/silver stripe GTS (2001) in 2003. Ironically, just found another sapphire/silver stripe beauty for sale with only 105 miles on it.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Hey Jeff, had a sapphire/silver stripe GTS (2001) in 2003. Ironically, just found another sapphire/silver stripe beauty for sale with only 105 miles on it.
    Now there's a Find.

Don't want to get to far off topic, however, was there a Black 2004 Viper Truck way back when also?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

I had an '04 Viper truck that I later traded for a supercharged '04 Viper truck...red. 702rwhp, I miss it.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

I had an '04 Viper truck that I later traded for a supercharged '04 Viper truck...red. 702rwhp, I miss it.
    I do remember...

Again, good luck on the Raffle and good to see you again

jeff
    ― Winston Churchill

Has Left the Room!

So, what is the price of a ticket for VCA members? Non-member price is $300/$225?

Viper Owner

Members is $200.

I have checked and it looks as though we are now finally all good, goodness I love software sometimes. Sorry for the delays, and thanks for the patience (could you imagine if we did this on April 1!? so glad we did it a 2 weeks early)

So, to recap:

Members: $200
    Non Members: $300 for your first ticket $225, thereafter These individuals will also receive Viper magazine electronically (and I have a draft of our latest one in my inbox I need to review, since I know you were going to ask)

VCA Member
    South Florida

And watch this: Drag radials and higher octane fuel. 1.599 sixty foot. Not too shabby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmMamdWKr0

VCA Member
    South Florida

Watch this dyno run. No mods. Only a tweaked calibration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5i_fDwU7Fo

T
    his car is an absolute beast!

VCA Member
    Northeast

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET62 View Post
    1500 tickets sold – net VCA profit = $230k – winner -$70k Hellcat, net after taxes – about $49k
    1000 tickets sold - net VCA profit = $130k – winner - $70k Hellcat, net after taxes – about $49k
    999 tickets sold – net VCA profit = $99.9k – winner - $99.9k CASH net after taxes – about $74.5k
    500 tickets sold – net VCA profit = $50k – winner $50k cash, net after takes – about $37.5k
    Wow, I cant believe I didnt see that, but youre right -
    technically it would be (financially speaking) better to the
    winner if we don't top 1,000 sales...

Interesting. Still its a fun auction, but I hope its not the only
    one this year. As newsworthy as the Hellcat is to some I
    would much rather gamble my cash on winning another
    viper...
    I drive WAY too fast to be worried about cholesterol.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
    As newsworthy as the Hellcat is to some I would much rather gamble my cash on winning another viper...
    Good point. Based on the numbers from Rocket62, the purchase of a Viper for top prize wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Viper Owner

From what I hear, HellCats are darn near impossible to get from a dealer right now. They have far more deposits taken than their allocations, so there is little assurance of getting a delivery any time soon.

This may be the best chance of getting one of these desirable cars in your garage.

I believe that there are far more people wanting Hellcats than the company can produce.

I believe that if you do not want the Hellcat, you will be allowed to put your winnings towards the Viper of your dreams also. Win-Win.

Viper Owner

Just to be clear the rules as written are the "legal rules" but if there is a scenario that is more advantageous to the winner of the auction, we would certainly want to do what's right, one point that I have read some confusion on: As stated, the winner can take the cash value in lieu of a hellcat, and buy a large portion of a Viper (~70k). As it sits, the Hellcat is worth more than the Viper in some respects (market value), so there may be some arbitrage if you are into that.

Bottom line, Paul is right, you can get 80%+ of your new viper purchase paid for if you are the winner and want a Viper instead.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET62 View Post
    Is it possible to ask how the raffle is going without being accused of a nefarious intent?

We have a conference call tomorrow night with the Board of Directors to talk about the raffle. I'll come on and post an update on how it's going so far. No nefarious intent inferred, just curious as to how it is going and we are happy to be transparent on it. I'll have full update tomorrow evening.

Viper Owner

Not trying to be nefarious either. Just wondering about the status of the update.

Viper Owner

The more things seem to change, the more they remain the same.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

It is Easter Weekend.....
    ― Winston Churchill

Viper Owner

Lucas made the commitment to provide info. I'm just following up. Easter Weekend is a first time offer.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Sorry, just typing out loud. It's a big family weekend in most places, I hope most are doing exactly that
    ― Winston Churchill

Viper Owner

Ahh,you're right Granger, the more things you post, the more they remain the same, and of course, you aren't trying to stir things up, nor are you ever nefarious.

The raffle is going just fine, thanks for asking. Our call went fine as well, we appreciate your query. Thanks for your purchase of tickets, and supporting the VCA.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by GRANGER73 View Post
    The more things seem to change, the more they remain the same.
    WOW... I said I would have an update Friday night, which I did get. I said I would come provide an update, and that is what I am doing right now. I had a very busy weekend and a lot of family business to take care of, and didn't get a chance to fire up my laptop this weekend to come into this forum to provide the update yet. I am volunteering my time to the best of my abilities... I apologize if that isn't fast enough for you Granger.

So the raffle is going well, about as we expected it to, thanks for asking. If you would like to help support the club, you can purchase another ticket and have even better opportunity to win the car! It's an amazing chance (odds wise) to win a fantastic car. And for those who want a Viper instead, you can absolutely utilize the clause in the raffle to use the value towards purchase of a Gen V from our sponsor at ViperExchange. So if you are mad it's not a Viper, then you didn't read the raffle flyer well enough because a ticket purchase gets you a really great chance at paying most of a Viper off if you so desired instead of a Hellcat.

If you are honestly so blind to see that a lot of changes have happened at the VCA in the past year and half, then you simply aren't looking hard enough or paying enough attention. Are we perfect, no! However, all of the complaints of the way the PRIOR administration group ran the VCA have been resolved. All officers are volunteering an enormous amount of time and absolutely nobody even associated with any of us is getting paid for VCA work. All contracts have been properly bid to outside parties to provide services for us. Can you say the same of other clubs... don't worry, I already know the factual answer to that question. Just one for you to think about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast