VCA Hellcat Raffle

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The raffle was just announced, which means the rumor, libel, and defamation factory will begin working in overdrive, so we'd like to get in front of that if possible (inb4 "its just parade laps at VOI" lol).

Currently, we have opened this up to members as of 1/26/14 as a thank you, we will open that up to other members that join after today shortly.

The raffle is for a Hellcat, or towards $70k towards a Viper, with 2 other great prizes from VPA.

Here is a quick FAQ to hopefully give facts out before they get spun into fiction by those that love it so well (thanks for always being predictable RA):

Please, these won’t answer every question, so if you have more, please ask:

1) Is this raffle legal? YES! The registration number is on the flyer (This Raffle is licensed by the State of Michigan, Charitable Gaming Division). We’ve worked hard with counsel, with Michigan, and with our new organization to make this legal, fun, and FAIR for everyone. You can verify this license with MI, and we will conform with the MI rules as far as drawing, etc.
2) Wait, the last raffles were screwed up!? The history is this: Every raffle prior to the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Qtr 2013 raffle was conducted in MI through an agent. That agent became unavailable for the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Qtr 2013 raffle, so other arrangements were made (with unanimous board approval). We are going back to the old, tried and true method, but now the VCA, leveraging its 20 year history, was able to obtain a license directly with MI.
3) Other organizations have said they will NEVER do a raffle, and don’t need a raffle? Well rather than have an event where only 1 out of a very elite few can win a great prize, and must be in attendance during a single event, we have been asked (repeatedly) “where is the raffle?” Let’s face it, they are fun, you like them, and it’s a great way to raise funds for the club in a very egalitarian way (for magazines, for events like VOI 14, etc.).
4) Who gets to play? As years past, we are limiting the number of tickets, however, given the new realities, we are capping the tickets at HALF what they used to be.. So off the bat, your odds of winning doubled. We plan to allow any member, former member, or viper owner to buy tickets, however, we are going to start with the membership first, then start to open it up until we sell all the tickets. This gives those that “had faith in the VCA” to get the chance to get this benefit first.
5) The price went up, the prize price went down, what gives? See #4, half the tickets, double the odds, without doubling the ticket price
6) I thought this is the Viper Club, why a Hellcat? This is the hardest car around to get. If you get one, you’re likely paying $25k over sticker. It’s a hot car, and we have a great relationship with our dealer, and so they offered up one of their VERY sought after allocations. People are getting GREAT deals on Vipers, so in actuality (with the market premium) a Viper can be had cheaper than this car. We will do a raffle of a Viper later this year, same rules, same odds of winning, but we need time to create a VERY special Viper (hint). Lastly, if you so choose to NOT take the hellcat, you can apply $70k towards a Viper of your choice. This is another great feature of doing the Hellcat, the dealer is HAPPY to resell this Hellcat and make more than he would have through this raffle if you choose to get a Viper.

Again, happy to discuss this raffle openly, and above board, and to those that have already purchased tickets 5 minutes after the announcement, thank you and good luck!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be fun. Just bought two tickets. Thanks for setting this up.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tickets should be available to real "paying members".....ONLY.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F2G, if we can sell 1500 tickets amongst the "real paying members" alone, we certainly will. So... I guess that's in you hands (collectively).

I can't contribute, for the first time in 18 years I can't buy any tickets, and I'm more than a little upset about it, but such is life :)

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, I would LOVE to see the Hellcat stay in TX for our Next Roundup! So I hope you win!

We will next allow new members and renewing members to start buying these I think next week good luck ya'll!

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like sooner than Thursday, we got our ducks in a row over the weekend. We have still not opened it up to past non-renewed-members yet, that will be a few weeks yet, and hopefully we won't need to do that if we hit 1500 sold prior to that.

https://www.viperclub.org/raffle/

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought two tickets.......how about a Grand Prize winner from the East Coast!

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEHE, you'll need to get more tickets up there, the thing is staying in TEXAS! :)

Good luck!

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The
The raffle was just announced, which means the rumor, libel, and defamation factory will begin working in overdrive, so we'd like to get in front of that if possible (inb4 "its just parade laps at VOI" lol
5) The price went up, the prize price went down, what gives? See #4, half the tickets, double the odds, without doubling the ticket. !

I don't know how you double the odds. If you pay $100.00 for a ticket, and 3000 are sold, the odds are same as paying $200.00 for one of $1500.00 sold. A $200.00 investment in either scenario would result in 1500 to 1 odds.
Also a sell out brings in $300,000.00 at a minumum, and the prize is only $70,000.00; less than a 25% payout. How about paying the taxes for the winner?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is talking about the odds of winning if you buy one ticket. If there were 3000 tickets, the odds would be 3000 to one. If there are 1500 tickets, the odds are 1500 to one. The price of the ticket is irrelevant.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve -

Of course you can if you become a member :) If not, you will need to wait a few weeks yet assuming we don't sell out among members.

Just as a refresher, for the decade of raffles by the VCA, NEVER have we allowed non-members to buy tickets. You don't have to be in attendance at an event, and this an optional activity.

We think this was a fair way to go about it, you can participate, or not participate, no one is forcing anyone to do anything, and we are being transparent about it. It's fair, equitable, fun, and an awesome friggin car for someone, with amazing odds: we will NOT sell more than 1500 tickets...

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry all, I have been informed that I have been less than precise on when we will allow non-members to buy tickets. Apologies for that. The current plan allows for non-member sales to begin on 4/1. The reason for this is to allow members to purchase all the tickets first.

I hope that clears everything up.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even think of that. That's NOT the point, it IS 4/1 (as an adult I don't even think of it as April fools day anymore I guess, so I completely forgot). This gives you plenty of time to get tickets...

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA, I LOVE text communication. I have no idea if he/she is an adult or not (I presume so.) Merely stating that I (me, no one else) have not considered 4/1 as "April Fools Day" since I was a child. Nothing else .

4/1 is the scheduled day, that's it, no jokes, no funny business, no cooties, no take backs.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome, I would LOVE to see the Hellcat stay in TX for our Next Roundup! So I hope you win!

We will next allow new members and renewing members to start buying these I think next week good luck ya'll!

TX Viper Roundup is for Vipers not Pony cars ;) Then again, weare speaking Texan so you might have been using the term "roundup" generally lol.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, it's open to non-members....now... (you will also get a e-membership, included with your first ticket price). Right now, prior to April 1st to avoid any April Fools day "confusion" :)

Good luck all!

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok, it's open to non-members....now... (you will also get a e-membership, included with your first ticket price). Right now, prior to April 1st to avoid any April Fools day "confusion" :)

Good luck all!

Just tried to fill out the application on line and bold red letters said "Sorry, we cannot proceed due to the following: The raffle is not open to non-members at this time"

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys! I jumped the gun a bit, the code is not quite yet ready. We are working as fast as we can... I will post when this glitch is fixed...