Soon to be first time owner question

TBoDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
After 18 years of drooling over vipers, I will be purchasing a 2015 SRT as my first when ordering becomes available at my local dealership, hopefully within the next week or two. So I was wondering if anyone has had success negotiating the final price when ordering a new Gen. V, as in not one already sitting at a dealership? If so, how much were you able to drop off the sticker?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any advise you guys may have to offer.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to order one just before xmas, but ended up buying one at a dealership. But, when I sat down and went thru the options to order on line, the dealer offered the deal of invoice for the price, I pushed on getting some of the $3k+ hold-back but he was soft on that at the time, but I also wasn't buying that day, just playing with building a car. Not sure what the current going deals are. Cars in dealerships are at give-away prices, so if you can find what you like in inventory, it's worth it. Good luck and have fun shopping.

OP
OP
T

TBoDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply DMan. Looks like I'll be going in to look through options on Saturday, & if negotiations go well, ordering one. I hate haggling with salesmen.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oooh, that will look sweet! Good luck with the process and PLEASE post pics when it arrives! you will LOVE it!

WeaponX81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going with venom black & then having the GTS stripes put on in gunmetal

You're going to love that combo!! I bought a 2013 SRT from a dealer who had it sitting for a year and got a pretty good deal on it as they were willing to negotiate. I did it right before the price drop so now have a $15k certificate to use on a new Viper before 2018. I plan to utilize the awesome new GTC program for it in a year or two (as long as it lasts that long, otherwise will pull trigger earlier). My 2013 is the Venom Black with GunMetal SRT stripes. I would much rather have the full GTS stripes on it! But it definitely is dope in that combination.

Highly recommend after delivery you go straight to a shop that can clear bra the front bumper for you! My place did a tremendous job and you don't see any lines what-so-ever. I don't recommend the hood on black cars tho as you will see that line.

Welcome to the Viper world!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

TBoDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're going to love that combo!! I bought a 2013 SRT from a dealer who had it sitting for a year and got a pretty good deal on it as they were willing to negotiate. I did it right before the price drop so now have a $15k certificate to use on a new Viper before 2018. I plan to utilize the awesome new GTC program for it in a year or two (as long as it lasts that long, otherwise will pull trigger earlier). My 2013 is the Venom Black with GunMetal SRT stripes. I would much rather have the full GTS stripes on it! But it definitely is dope in that combination.

Highly recommend after delivery you go straight to a shop that can clear bra the front bumper for you! My place did a tremendous job and you don't see any lines what-so-ever. I don't recommend the hood on black cars tho as you will see that line.

Welcome to the Viper world!

You must be registered for see images attach
Yes I agree, I prefer the full GTS stripes. So I'm going to have a guy put them on aftermarket via decals, since dodge won't put them on a SRT. I also want to get a clear bra on the front bumper, front quarter panels, entire hood, side mirrors, & the front part of the roof. Do you think it would look good on a black car if the entire hood was covered?

Oh btw guys I ordered my viper today!!!!! A big thanks to Kenbrackins for the info on negotiating, it worked like a charm & I got a awesome deal!!

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree, I prefer the full GTS stripes. So I'm going to have a guy put them on aftermarket via decals, since dodge won't put them on a SRT. I also want to get a clear bra on the front bumper, front quarter panels, entire hood, side mirrors, & the front part of the roof. Do you think it would look good on a black car if the entire hood was covered?

Oh btw guys I ordered my viper today!!!!! A big thanks to Kenbrackins for the info on negotiating, it worked like a charm & I got a awesome deal!!

Outstanding!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave