Tuner in north Alabama or southern Tennessee

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi- decided it was time to have my gen 3 supercharged viper professionally tuned

I went through a round of mods two years ago - dumped my vec -2 and external pumps (which had worked flawlessly) on a semi canned tune which I had locally confirmed for A/F ratios

Installed in tank pump, bigger injectors, corsa exhaust and my local guy did a SCT tune - not sure if it was custom but the Dino pulls looked good - probably a bit rich though

Problem was I often smell gas - no leaks - but plugs are black and runs real rough until
Warm - then all is good

Looking for an experienced SCT tuner to smooth out the cold idle and maybe lean the whole curve a bit
Also need to do something with the Paxton belt tensioner -

I found a shop called Speed South in Pellam - don't know anything about them

Thanks

Rich

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rich,It's very possible your stock Gen III exhaust manifolds are cracked. When this happens upstream of the upstream oxygen sensors, oxygen is sucked into the stream and causes the oxygen sensor to read the mixture improperly, telling the PCM to add fuel to a lean mixture. This is becoming an ongoing problem. The cracks are hard to spot with the exhaust manifolds installed due to the location and the heat shielding.It's also possible your tune is too rich in that map/rpm segment and needs to be leaned out a bit.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks Larry - I had assumed that with les than 9k miles my manifolds were good - but what you said makes a lot of sense - I will check them out

You're best bet to to take a vacation to Orlando, drop the car off with Larry in Sanford and go to Disney. He will have you fixed and tuned for the ride home. :thumbs2:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets