Water/**** Injection System Install

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next on the list of things to do is install the water and methanol injection system I purchased from ROE. To be used with a ROE supercharger and VEC.

You must be registered for see images attach

I will be continuing with this in the next few days. Complete instructions and pics to follow.

viperpaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent as I have a Roe with 10psi pulley and need to fit one of these. Please keep me posted on how to do it and what one you have. As I am keen to do this in the next few weeks myself.
Really pleased to watch progress.
Cheers

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subscribed. I want to eventually do the same thing with my set up.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've started on the the install.

Here are the ROE instructions first and then I will post my how to.

I will now start with my how to and add pics from my actual installation.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll dig up my base line sheet. It was stock with only a cat-back.

Now it will have a ROE 10#, headers, ROE cat delete, water/**** injection, upgraded mounts, StopTech BBK, KW Variant 2's, and more odds and ends.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Raise car and remove rear tires.

2. Remove both left and right rear wheel liners. Having all that room with the car up and the liners removed really helps. Parking it on carpet is an added bonus.

3. The pump will be mounted in the rear fender on the opposite side of the battery. Choose a mounting location where it will not interfere with anything around it.
Mark and drill the pump mounting holes with a 3/16" drillbit. You can create a template using a piece of paper. Not can but should. Much easier. Take the time to put the pump on a piece of paper and then take out the ink from inside a clicky pen.
Trace a circle inside the center of the rubber mounts. Now tape paper to underside of tub in your suitable location.

4. Mount the pump with the four bolts, washers, and nuts supplied.

If you have no friends or arms shorter than 4 feet you can place a weight over top the heads of the bolts to prevent them from pushing up when you attempt to install the pump.
I had no friends and my arms weren't quite long enough to give it the old reach around. Nothing a 25lb weight won't fix.

5. Once mounted mark and drill a 3/8" hole for the pump inlet hose, as the reservoir will be mounted topside in the hatch area. Install the supplied 1/4" I.D. grommet. The line will be fed through the grommet. Use lube. Or bite the pillow and go in dry. It will just pull the grommet out. I just used window cleaner.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6. At this point get the water injection system harness and lay it out. The end with the relay will go to the battery. The end with the small plastic control box with the shiny red button will go to the pump.
The remaining longer end will go forward through the transmission tunnel. Route them carefully away from exhaust or moving parts. Do not secure yet. You want to make sure you can make adjustments if needed.
If you do secure them like I did you will be unsnipping the zipties you so carefully placed recently. I fished my wiring through taping an extending pocket magnet. You can use any suitable snake or coat hanger to fish it across.

7. At the battery area, take the following actions:
A. Attach the inline fuse power lead to the positive battery cable/post with whatever leads you prefer. I used a ring connector and attached it right to the battery.
B. Ground the relay to one of the frame studs above the batter. I chose to use the negative battery instead.
C. Secure the relay/wiring with a tie wrap.

I don't seem to have a picture of this step but it's self-explanatory. Red to red. Black to ground.

8. Inside the back of the car(trunk or hatch area), place the reservoir over the pump. Remove or lift up carpet in GTS. This will give you a rough idea on where you would like it placed based on what junk you have in your trunk.
I left mine flush with the raised portion of the hatch. Enough room to unscrew cap and left enough slack to remove the disconnect for the tubing if needed.

9. Locate the two U-bolts from the installation kit. These bolts will be placed on both sides of the reservoir and a strap will go through both of them to secure the tank.
The strap will go between the handle and the filler neck. Mark where the U-bolts will be placed and drill the holes using a 9/32" drill bit.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10. Install the U-bolts, making a slit or putting two small holes through the carpet on a GTS.

11. At the pump, connect the control unit wires to the pump wires (red to red, black to black).

12. Take one end of the 1/4 nylon hose from the installation kit and route it up from the pump area and through the grommet into the trunk of the car. On the GTS route the hose between the 2 pieces of carpet in the trunk. No need for a hole.

13. Attach the hose to the reservoir outlet instant fitting by inserting into the connection and pulling on it slightly to ensure it's locked in place.

14. Place the reservoir between the two U-bolts and secure in place with supplied Velcro strap.

I found cutting the underlay in a square patch where you have to make the holes/slits helped find where you need to place the bolts. Setting the carpet back down and using a sharp tool push upwards into the carpet and mark with tape.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've routed the wire harness to the front using the transmission tunnel. It comes up drivers side right where the VEC box will go.

The wire looks like it will be short but if you didn't follow the long way you will be fine. Mount the battery and the pump wiring and then pull it through. You might have to make adjustments as you go. That's why you are told not to fasten it until later.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
15. The line that is routed from the reservoir will be connected into the inlet side of the pump. Cut the line to the proper length and push into the instant fitting on the pump. See figure #3.

16. From the outlet side of the pump, run a new section of hose through the transmission tunnel and to the engine compartment. The hose should be routed away from any moving components or exhaust.

19. In the engine compartment, the hose should be routed along the passenger side of the Supercharger, next to the injectors, forward and near the alternator. See figure #8 for steps 19-23.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20. Locate the fogger nozzles from the installation kit. The nozzles will need to be installed in the tubes leading from the air filters to the throttle bodies. Mark the tubes in an area where you can place the nozzles, avoid moving parts. Remove the tubes.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21. Drill holes for the nozzles to be placed in the tubes. For silicone or rubber tubes, drill a 15/32 hole. For steel tubes, you can tap the holes for 1/4 NPT pipe thread. Clean and re-install the tubes.

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love this, nearly two years everyone has been holding their breath for Step 20. :D