Thread: Finally White AC/ HVAC Controls!

Reply to Thread

Default Finally White AC/ HVAC Controls!

Hey guys,

I purchased an additional AC control unit to play around with and see if I could get the blue film off. Little did I know what a large undertaking this is. Here is a picture of the final results. (Crappy phone pic for tonight, sorry)
    CAM00899.jpg

I wish I could say it was easy to do, however that would be a lie. It was a PITA. The blue film was actually blue paint, and the only way to remove it was to painstakingly take a fine point razor and to scrape off the blue coloring off of the back of the panel. I had to trace each detail of each little intricate symbol perfectly and glue white paper over the back of it. It took many hours and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. (see the method below)
    CAM00897.jpg
    Well I figured I would at least share, although I do not recommend it unless you have a steady hand and are super anal. Enjoy!

Enthusiast

Default Re: Finally White AC/ HVAC Controls!

I know a special doctor that might could help with your problem.

Viper Owner

Interesting, but - Why the Blue?

VCA Member
    Midwest

That looks awesome! I'd consider doing it myself as I went with the cool white LED interior lights to replace the factory amber ones. However, my HVAC controls are dang near a perfect match to my Alpine radio, so it almost looks like it was supposed to be that way.

Lol MoparMap, My radio is that cheap $400 Chinese one. It fits just like OEM but had some pretty bright Green LED's. After replacing all the LEDs in the car this week it is now the only thing that is green. Looks like that it is going to be another PITA to change. Ohh well, another weekend job I suppose.

-TheOldViperMan, the blue remaining is only on the AC & defrost buttons. I tried scraping off the blue on those, but they are layered differently than the rest of the buttons. Sadly they will have to remain blue. As for the knobs, I am on the hunt for more modern knobs off of a different car. I am not a big fan of the billet ones used in the forums. Looks too ricer for me. I like the OEM look.