Motor Trend Roadkill (Viper GT + Hellcats)

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great until they went off-roading. I had a frown on my face literally the entire time, and then when they drove the Viper in the dirt, I think I shed a tear.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
That was fun to watch, only got through the 1st 20 minutes, lunch...... will be more smiles

viper2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beyond my imagination to laugh while trying to destroy fine machinery. Why not demonstrate capabilities as vehicles were designed to perform.

98RT98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this how Dodge spent the profits of my over priced 2014 GTS Vipers ? this video was disgusting these guys have no respect taking a Viper or the others in the dirt. maybe they will end up as ROADKILL some day when will we see them doing this with a ZO 6 vette ?

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah I agree. I thought it was going to be more of a head to head battle not a total trashing of the cars. The tire smoking was cool. So, if you could, would you by a Z06 or a Hellcat to play around with?

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, of the limited amount of production Hellcat Chargers and Challengers Dodge is making, how many will be left for the general public to actually purchase with all the road test reviews that are done with these cars. I mean I must have seen about 10 different companies review these vehicles and beat the piss out of them.
Dont get me wrong, I love to see the performance of these awesome cars and wish i could be a test driver, but my dealer friend says he may not be getting any Hellcats shipped to him.
BTW, lets see some of the European cars handle the hell these SRT vehicles just went through without doing anything but changing tires.
GO DODGE !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beyond my imagination to laugh while trying to destroy fine machinery. Why not demonstrate capabilities as vehicles were designed to perform.

Agreed. Giggling away like teenage girls while tearing up a quarter million worth of machinery. No idea what that is supposed to demonstrate.

But, "they" succeeded. I never heard of Roadkill until this vid. I won't bother seeking out the show further, though.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The interesting question is whether they really tore anything up. This is similar to the "Tax the Rich" videos where one guy hoons million dollar cars, but in the end all that really happens is they get dirty. Driting a Rolls across a field is certainly not something you would expect to see, but all that really happens is you get some dirt and grass in the fenders. Nothing a good detailing won't fix.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interesting question is whether they really tore anything up. This is similar to the "Tax the Rich" videos where one guy hoons million dollar cars, but in the end all that really happens is they get dirty. Driting a Rolls across a field is certainly not something you would expect to see, but all that really happens is you get some dirt and grass in the fenders. Nothing a good detailing won't fix.

I don't think burying the nose in the ground and seesawing the viper on a hill are good for it.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
and the Viper might have faired better in the damage compared to the Charger and Challenger

But then again, maybe is was the track test to bring back the Dukes of Hazzard

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Personally I think its a brillant advertising move on Dodge's part.

The cars in question were probably pre-production or some other
version of mules (like the scat pack Gas Monkey "borrowed" from.)
Cars slated for crushing anyway. Figure top end: $70k + $70k +
$130k = $270,000 retail. 30 seconds of Superbowl time =
$2,000,000 and this probably got more views to a TARGETED
audience. (Admit it, you saw at least part of this *commercial...*)

Hundreds of thousands of potential customers (or more) looking at your
product for (at most) a mere $300,000... Bravo Dodge, Bravo!

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya, I was a bit turned off by the off-roading...but it did get my attention and that is the reason I watched it. I was like.."WTH...off roading a Viper?!!!

Like Bonkers said...they were probably test mules...if not...well, there still was some fun footage. Minus the off-roading.. Surprised the front-end of the Viper held up to it being stuffed in the dirt berm.

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if not before they are mules now.....driven by a bunch of asses!

I agree. Couldn't they come up with some better "challenges"? I mean damn.... That Viper interior is FULL OF ****ING DIRT! Sorry for the expletive... but ****ing hell those guys are mental man...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32