Where to mount Bell STi-R radar display and controls?

Vipercompany

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the AL Priority and Bell STi-R radar detector coming in tomorrow and I've been to the installer to get ideas of where everything's going to be mounted. Does anyone here have anything similar installed? Interested in seeing what locations you chose. Currently the STi-R display and AL priority LED are going on top of the mirror in a custom fabricated enclosure with a plexiglass front. For the two control pads they are going into a plastic surround in the headliner between the two cabin lights. Any other suggestions? I could have the display and led installed into the mirror, but the installer said it would look much better above the mirror and is less distracting.

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better make sure you can remove them easily without too much trouble. If they are illegal where you are and the police can detect you have a radar detector, they will probably make you remove it on the spot. Just Sayin.

OP
OP
V

Vipercompany

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better make sure you can remove them easily without too much trouble. If they are illegal where you are and the police can detect you have a radar detector, they will probably make you remove it on the spot. Just Sayin.

Both are legal in FL

OP
OP
V

Vipercompany

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything's within reach and the display looks factory! The radar antenna was mounted behind the front bumper, but I wouldn't recommend that. I compared it with an ****** Max 2 dash mounted radar detector and it looks like the range is pretty bad. Going to the installer, Maximum Audio & Video in Tampa on Monday to have it moved next to the laser interceptors so it has a clear view ahead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper