My Official Viper Build Thread

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I already have introduced myself on this site, my name is Kamil and I bought my 2006 Viper just about a month ago. The car as all my other cars will be getting built starting pretty soon and I will update as I go further with the build. I plan on modding the suspension, wheels, exterior, and interior of the car this season. Over winter I will be going boost on the stock bottom end and see where things go from there.

So far car has a Borla Exhaust and I have already purchased the following items

BC Coilover Kit
8K Hid Kit for both fog and low beam
Green Filters

Im also going to the shop to get the rear bumper facia done in carbon wrap along with mirrors. If I don't like it I will just take it off, if I like it I might consider getting a few ppl I know involved to do carbon mirror covers for the car.

I will update as I go. Coilover kit is on order and waiting for it to get here.

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will include a bunch of pictures, I was looking around the forum and noticed that not a lot of ppl post a bunch of pix so I will make sure to fill this thread with them.

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got my tracking # for the Coilover Kit. I will have it Tuesday and Speedriven, a tuner I deal with will be putting these on Wed or Thurs next week. I will also be doing my fogs and low beam sometime this weekend along with the filters.

I also sent out a msg to my carbon fiber guy about building up a custom rear valance and a lip spoiler for the Viper. If he decides to do it, I will ask if he can build a few more just in case you guys want one.

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also made an APPT with Xtreme Graphics to lay out the Vinyl next Sat the 25th on the rear valance.

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tinted all my windows today including the back and front windshield. Im running 20% sides and rear, and 45% front.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My coil over kit is coming on Tuesday so I should have car all ready for install on Wed. Pics of before and after to follow.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
45%?

Damn, don't drive at night, or in my state, cops will be all over you

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its not that bad I had a bit darker in my Z06 and my Mercedes. Viper will be not out that much plus I really like the way it looks with the front windshield tinted. As far as driving at night and seeing out is completely fine. I will post some more pictures out and a video from the inside of the car as well.

Coilover Kit going on this weekend and also the rear valance will be wrapped on Sat morning. Pics to come soon.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this colour looks great, I wasn't aware they made the gen 3 in grey...wheels are good it too, makes it look just a tad more recent. thumbs up and good luck with the build!

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Picking up the coilover kit today from UPS. I will either do this myself or just get the shop to do it tomorrow. I was thinking about going a bit lower and maybe using a light spacer to move the wheel out more to prevent it from rubbing on the inner fender wall. I believe a 5mm-10mm spacer would be ideal. I will have to look at it first and see where the rubbing starts first.

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just ordered this shorter shift knob anyone have any experience with this thing? any feedback?

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BC Coilover kit is here and tomorrow morning car is going to the Speedriven to get this thing put on. The box did not fit in the trunk so I had to lay it all out as you can see it. Car is kinda filthy got caught in the rain 2 days ago and the weather ***** out here to get it washed. Once I pick it up tomorrow I will clean it up and take some picks for you guys.

Here is a Pic I took before of it sleeping in the Garage

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dropped off the car today for the coilover kit install. I can't wait to see how the car drives and looks once its done

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All done for now keeping it like this and might go lower later. I want to fit a front lip on that thing so not sure how I will do that being this low. I love the way it looks I will drive it once I go home today so will write about ride quality.

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car drives out awesome, its glued like crazy to the ground on turns and feels a lot more stable when going deep on throttle. Awesome mod for sure. I will have to get use to it a little bit because my wife was behind me driving and she said that the rear fins are almost touching the ground. Pictures to come this weekend. I will snap some good photos from all sides and also get my rear bumper done by than. I guess after that I will go ahead and start deciding on wheels and start posting these up for sale. Im not sure if I should go with black wheels, gun metal, or maybe brushed. I love how the CCW Classic wheels look on Vipers but 18 inch wheel is just not enough. I think the smallest I wanna go is a 19.

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Outstanding

She sure looks good

Thanks Jeff.

Hopefully she will go a long way in the build. ;) Wheels are next along with some other exterior and interior parts. I will be also doing black Mesh around the front bumper and rear bumper to cover up the large opening. I will also try to do the hood as well. I think that will help out a bit with the look. I can't wait till sat to see how everything else goes and how the OEM bumper fascia looks in Carbon wrap. Will keep you guys updated.

Kamil

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Well, it will be fun to watch, thanks for all the pics

and this one is ****!!!!!

OP
OP
T

TWN TRBO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My shift knob came in today so I decided to go ahead and take some pictures of it while installing it just in case anyone ever needed to know what tools they will need.

Step 1. Remove all the bolts around the shifter boot with a Hex Key

Step 2. Lift up the leather boot and there will be a screw tightened to the OEM shifter. You will need a 5/8 and 3/4 ranch. Both since you need to use both.

once you have them loose simply unscrew the original shifter.

Step 3. Screw on the new short shifter and line the Viper or what ever logo you have to your liking. Using the bottom wrench again just tighten hard to the new shifter.

FINISHED

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great, just curious, where did you buy the BC coilover set? I read some things that it isn't perfect for the viper out of the box, did they fix this in the mean time?

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love that fangs emblem on the shift knob! What's the shift knob made out of? Looks like some kind of corrugated plastic of rubber?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra