cant get rid of my P0430 code

blackvenom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have stock cats on my 2008 and can not get rid of this code( Cat Inefficiency). Does anyone have any suggestions? Ive read some people cleared it on their car and it never came back. Mine has come back twice. I have a brand new NTK sensor on that side- even swapped it out with another new one to make sure it wasnt the sensor. The only thing I did was put a new **** in to give more clearance between the sensor and the underbody. It is the same distance as the stock one just rotated on the pipe.

Reaction score
I have stock cats on my 2008 and can not get rid of this code( Cat Inefficiency). Does anyone have any suggestions? Ive read some people cleared it on their car and it never came back. Mine has come back twice. I have a brand new NTK sensor on that side- even swapped it out with another new one to make sure it wasnt the sensor. The only thing I did was put a new **** in to give more clearance between the sensor and the underbody. It is the same distance as the stock one just rotated on the pipe.
Sensors are affected by the angle and orientation in the pipe, put it back in the old hole and see if it goes away.

OP
OP
B

blackvenom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats what I was afraid is causing it but there is really zero clearance between the underbody and the sensor. I had one sensor rub the under body and short out on it for the passenger side.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sensors are affected by the angle and orientation in the pipe, put it back in the old hole and see if it goes away.

mjorgensen, is there anything you don't know about these cars?! You are DA man!

Last edited by a moderator:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With P0420/P0430.....................the cat is dead.

These are not O2 sensor codes. These codes are set because the PCM is not seeing a change in the exhaust gases measured from before and after the cat.
If there is no expected chemical change in the exhaust after it's been through the catalyst, then obviously the catalyst isn't doing it's job anymore and needs replaced.

OP
OP
B

blackvenom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was able to get it to stay off by clearing the pcm twice and disconeccting the battery on the second time. My scanner shows all systems are reporting normal and i've got about 105 miles on it so far.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No re-occurring P0430 code............................................................................................................yet.

:eater:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62