The new guy

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Names Jesse. Just bought a 2004. Pretty excited to finally have the car that was on my wall as a kid! Here are a few pictures of my new ride. Hope to fit in well with all you veteran viper owners!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome..........

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome man! Looks awesome, love the black!! I just purchased one as well about 2 weeks ago, my childhood dream car as well!

OP
OP
N

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome man! Looks awesome, love the black!! I just purchased one as well about 2 weeks ago, my childhood dream car as well!

Awesome. I am here in New Mexico... We only had one SRT for sale here and it was a beautiful red, but I have always wanted black. Flew out to Wisconsin to pick her up and drive back. A great adventure for a great car! I still just stare at it... When does that go away??

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flew out to Wisconsin to pick her up and drive back. A great adventure for a great car! I still just stare at it... When does that go away??

I flew out to Utah from DFW to pick my car up and drive it home. Had a blast. There was a massive car show in Moab that I just happened to drive through and what a bonus that was. I quit staring at mine after a few years...but I think about getting her a sister.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had mine for 8 years now, and still don't get tired of staring at it. :D

..................only thing that ***** is when there's bugs on the front of it :crazy2:

150mph+ bugs look different than 65 mph bugs. ;)

OP
OP
N

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. I know whatcha mean. 20 hour ride to get home and I picked up a lot of nasty bug gut hitch hikers... I also hit some sleet and heavy rain. I wasn't expecting to ever have this car touch rain but the Rockies had a different idea. I was honestly surprised how well it handled with standing water on the ground. Never again though!

OP
OP
N

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I did extensive research into these cars before purchase and found that the stereo and exhaust (2003-2006) were the Achilles heel of our cars. My car thankfully came with 2 aftermarket amps head unit and all speakers. All pioneer, which I'm not a huge fan of, would have preferred kicker myself but they are already there... Someone thought it was a good idea to put a speaker in the sub location which made some horrible distortion, I easily remmedied this with my first mod, switching to a JL audio 6w3v34. With a couple of speaker extensions and foam from an old camaro seat I had laying around. Now it sounds and looks great! Which leads me to my next mod... The exhaust... Since I haven't had a chance to experience the "heat" yet, I'd rather get ahead of it now (here in Albuquerque 90s and 100s are very common in the summer). I've heard that 4th gen's stock exhaust didn't have this problem since they didn't have the cross over underneath. Anyone out there have a good stock set they are getting rid of for a reasonable price??

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. I am here in New Mexico... We only had one SRT for sale here and it was a beautiful red, but I have always wanted black. Flew out to Wisconsin to pick her up and drive back. A great adventure for a great car! I still just stare at it... When does that go away??

IT DOES'NT GO AWAY!

I've had a Viper since '05 (black vert) then a new one in '08 (still have it). I still love looking at it everyday in my garage and it's still a thrill every time I push the start button.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I did extensive research into these cars before purchase and found that the stereo and exhaust (2003-2006) were the Achilles heel of our cars. My car thankfully came with 2 aftermarket amps head unit and all speakers. All pioneer, which I'm not a huge fan of, would have preferred kicker myself but they are already there... Someone thought it was a good idea to put a speaker in the sub location which made some horrible distortion, I easily remmedied this with my first mod, switching to a JL audio 6w3v34. With a couple of speaker extensions and foam from an old camaro seat I had laying around. Now it sounds and looks great! Which leads me to my next mod... The exhaust... Since I haven't had a chance to experience the "heat" yet, I'd rather get ahead of it now (here in Albuquerque 90s and 100s are very common in the summer). I've heard that 4th gen's stock exhaust didn't have this problem since they didn't have the cross over underneath. Anyone out there have a good stock set they are getting rid of for a reasonable price??
Congrats on your new viper. Its not only the crossover, you should also get 3inch highflow cats if the exhaust is stock .

OP
OP
N

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. The bolt on bug is starting to bite. I was looking at intake kits, only see one made by k&n, but I also see stock replacement air filters from a "green" air filter company? They state that the stock setup is just fine... Is it worth it to get the whole setup or do you get just as much of a benefit with replacing the air filters? $100 less for the same result is always tempting...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4