New Owner RT10 2002 Hello From Vegas

snacker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello. I picked up a 2002 from the Auto Gallery in Calabasis Ca and drove her home to Vegas. I don't know much about them and was looking for resources and more information including where and when to have serviced. It had 3600 miles and now has just over 4k. It is completely original and still has a new car smell.

It's yellow hardtop and my dream car. Any help would be appreciated.:)

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and enjoy the car. Make sure tires are not original for one, very important...search history here on different threads regarding the ownership and what to look for. respect your car or it will bite

OP
OP
S

snacker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and enjoy the car. Make sure tires are not original for one, very important...search history here on different threads regarding the ownership and what to look for. respect your car or it will bite

Would love to know how! I'm new and it will take some time.

I have total respect for the car and the laws.

I think the tires are original. They look new and very few signs of wear. Not dry rot unlike everyday car.

Thanks for the welcome.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the tires are original. They look new and very few signs of wear. Not dry rot unlike everyday car.

Tires age out due to UV, ozone, and heat; so, miles on the car only affects the amount of rubber lost. The other factors affect the hardness=grip and also cause cracking. You will hear and read a multitude of opinions on when one should replace old tires; but, everyone would agree that 13 year old tires are not good to have on any car, and especially a Viper that depends on the grip afforded by those wide rear tires.

Here is how to read your tire date code: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11
Note that it is only on one sidewall of the tire; so, if you don't see it, go to the other side of the car.

OP
OP
S

snacker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will check out the tires and make sure they're not to old or the originals.

Thanks again!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would change all the fluids unless the car came with some history, do trans, rear diff, coolant, i would even bleed the brakes, start fresh. God only knows when it all has been done. Invest in trickle charger so that you can have it plugged in when not driving. I would change the battery too, it is probably original.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets