2003 Hood Adjustment

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Searched several forums with no luck or answer.

Left rear of hood doesn't line up (goes up a bit to high)

Need to get the hood to slide down on the left side. Other than that its perfect. Once it slides down it should be perfect. Them bolts on rear hood hinge are hard to get at.

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mean to take away from your post, but you made me think about it when you brought it up. I just got a 2006, is that the correct gap for the hood? I've never seen a car that has a gap like that.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes hood is OEM, I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morketh-

That's the beauty of the pre-Gen4 cars, there's a little personality in every one as to some of the gaps. The gap you are showing is close to mine, but others have finer tolerances. Also, they are not too difficult to adjust (too difficult for me mind you) so while some rubbed a bit, they get backed off.

Hd13-
I don't want to give any advice here without seeing the pic, you can get yourself some nice body/paint damage doing the wrong thing here... Post the pic and cubican will likely provide the correct adjustment, that guy has modded every darn thing thats possible on a gen3.

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morketh-

That's the beauty of the pre-Gen4 cars, there's a little personality in every one as to some of the gaps. The gap you are showing is close to mine, but others have finer tolerances. Also, they are not too difficult to adjust (too difficult for me mind you) so while some rubbed a bit, they get backed off.

So you're telling me it is pretty normal to have that gap and adjusting it MAY make it rub so prolly best to leave it alone. Thanks for your help!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Hood, fenders, and front bumper cover are all very adjustable to get perfect alignment and gaps. Was the hinge on that side ever tweaked as once tweaked, it can be very, very difficult to get to align correctly.

OP
OP
H

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the pictures. I had a vipair hood on it when I bought it and I didn't like it and sold it to my buddy. I had the stock one in a box and put it on a couple of years ago and have not been able to get it lined up just right.

Hopefully the pictures help.

Attachments

• IMG_2611.jpg
    IMG_2611.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
H

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That back nut looks like its a tough one to get at !!! I would rather wrench on my own viper and take my time rather than have someone else do it.

OP
OP
H

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not adjustable on hood. Only adjustable with the 2 bolts that fasten into the firewall area on both sides. That back bolt is impossible to get at.

OP
OP
H

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it fixed thanks for all your help. Loosed all for bolts and slide it down and now its perfect. Might have to change the hood shocks, looks like they are getting a bit weak.

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 19