MCS single settings for Hastings?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm planning on attending the upcoming Viper invitational in a few weeks at Hastings and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for suspension settings for my MCS singles for that particular track. I think my daily driving setting is something like 4 clicks front and back right now. Ride height is around 1/2" lower on the front and I think closer to 1" down on the back from stock. Tire pressure suggestions for Pilot Supersports are also welcome. I imagine the temperature of the day will have some effect on the final settings, but I'd like a ballpark idea of setup as this will be my first track day with the car. Thanks!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to run the first heat as-is since that is what you are familiar with & used too.

Then, 2nd heat crank them up halfway to setting 9 and see how you like it with the additional rebound dampening.

If you like that then go for a couple more clicks towards the end of the day.

-------------
I have only run mine at 9 & 11 on the street so far. Just started driving this season and am planning on experimenting thoroughly thru the adjustment range to see how it effects my spirited backroad runs. Got alot of wavy & bumpy roads so dampening feal will be a bit different when compared to entering/exiting turns on a smooth track.

I cant wait to get this MCS setup on the track.
Have fun!

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, had a feeling I'd run into him up there and might pick his brain. I've played with the settings a tad on my own just for fun, but haven't touched them in quite a while. May dial them up a click at a time to see how things change in the few weeks I have before I head up there. Figured the race track will be a much different road surface than my normal drive to work though, so not sure how good of a parallel that might be.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We will both be there, but I would sure call him ahead of time and he will be more than willing to have you and others pick his brain while at the Event. Pick it early , as this is a fun time for Viper owners and later it gets a bit crazy, ha,ha.

Reaction score
I will be there as Bill stated and can help all you want. I would start with 6-7 front and 8-10 rear and see what you feel like balance wise. The "rake" the car has will dramatically change the settings you need though and a Viper needs at least 1/2" of rake to work well at all, most use 3/4". See you there!

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
What would be a good way to measure rake? I know the factory rim size is staggered, but do the tire sizes cancel this out or is there some rake built in there? The measurement I have done is from the ground directly under the center of the hub to the bottom edge of the wheel opening straight up from that. My dad has an 03 right next to me in the garage, so I've been comparing it against the same measurement on his with a stock setup. That's where my 1/2" front drop 1" rear drop numbers came from.

Reaction score
The only way to accurately measure the rake is at the frame to ground between the front tire contact patches and the rear patches, the rest of the places are too random. If you want to try at the 4 jacking points the change in rake would be close to 1/2" - 5/8" difference approximately.

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the tip! The jacking points should be easy enough to measure for a rough estimate at least.