Finally got her !

DESTROYER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Keith here, Well boys finally got my viper, wanted one since 1992, and now was able to get 06 coupe GTS blue with silver stripes, 3,900 miles 1 owner, heated garage kept gem. Already has corsa track exhaust, short throw shifter, 2010 hood. Any heads up on things to check out as its mostly been in storage. All the regular maintenance has been done.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the tires are replaced since 2006, all fluids are fresh enough and you got fuell in it...than go enjoy! You obviously should post pics, sounds like one hell of a car! Good colour, nice hood and it probably sounds great too!

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grats dude!!! Same situation for me about 3 weeks ago except mine has 12k miles on it and mostly stock.
When you do post pics, if you don't mind posting a pic of the short throw shifter that would be awesome hehe cause I am thinking about adding that.

What I will be doing is replacing all fluids, would recommend the same for you. The coolant is meant to last for 5 years so the car is roughly 9 years old so should be replaced, as well as the break fluid should be flushed every 2 years so def replace that as well. Would change the oil as well regardless of what the first owner said.
I took wheels off and checked everything real good to make sure no lines were cracking due to age or anything like that as well.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Add clutch fluid to the list and 9 year old car not a bad idea to check the rear diff. fluid. Tires are 9 years old so not a bad idea to get a new set -- the main issue is age not the fact that they are run flats ( that issue has been overblown in my opinion).