Membership

venomred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok...no B.S. VOA shows a membership of 1757...How many members are there in the
Viper Club of America? Straight up paid membership...how about having the fortitude to
be forthcoming, honest and transparent??

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have more people. The VCA has more fiscal conservatives. They have more former VCA Board Members who served sometime during the period 4/1/2009 through the Fall of 2013. The VCA web site has an enormous data base which far exceeds that of any other Viper related club with respect to Gen I,II,III and IV information. I do not know the answer to your question but a good guess would be somewhere in the vicinity of 1000 and growing. Members of the current VCA Board do not take any reimbursement for their expenses.

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Ok...no B.S. VOA shows a membership of 1757...How many members are there in the
Viper Club of America? Straight up paid membership...how about having the fortitude to
be forthcoming, honest and transparent??

Interesting, can I ask why this is important to you?

OP
OP
V

venomred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The number is irrelevant...Frankly I wanted to see if I could get a straight
answer, hopefully someone in an Officer position...

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I don't wake up one morning to find out the clubs have merged in some back room deal. I also happen to agree whole heartedly with FrankBarba on the fact that the VPA deal was handled privately without consulting membership at all. I'm happy it WAS handled...just not the way it was handled.

viper2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a member back 2005-2007 it was interesting to follow happenings and enjoy activities I found through this site. I then sold my Viper and left the site, unaware of all that was going on over the years I bought another Viper and am trying to get involved and enjoy it more. After renewing the membership I don't seem to see the activity as before. Having stumbled on the other club there seems to be more activity and more happening as I remembered here. To me this is what is significant with a larger membership. So far I have not hit on activity in this North Alabama area even though I feel there must be a number in the Huntsville area. The VCA was impressive to me and I hope that a little time and learning to use the database mentioned I shall be able to move to more involvement with the car I have admired since they were first introduced. I know nothing of what happened and could care less, just hope to feel I can enjoy interaction available and some day be able to contribute for others enjoyment.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
The number is irrelevant...Frankly I wanted to see if I could get a straight
answer, hopefully someone in an Officer position...

I know based on your response, I wouldn't. To yo personally there is no real benefit from knowing this number. Regardless of what the answer may be, you'll either use it has a hammer or call BS. I think if you were a member of the VCA, then there would be value in that number.

If your a numbers guy, then you would also have the question of why the number on the other site has fallen(I'm a numbers guy). But again, that does not concern me or have any influence on my choices and not sure why it would for anybody. Member numbers flux just by there very nature.
Have a Great Day

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ended last year with 1102 members (paid up). We are at 851, and a few more in queue from the weekend plus a few more regional conversions that might come over in the next few months.

Not bad when you consider the lack of local presence.

Terrible, when you consider the club had over 3200 in 2013, as that as our measuring stick, we all **** terribly and need to get our act together. Especially since it's not ~1700+851, many of these are dual's, so its more like 2200 total, we lost a LOT of people in the madness. Rather than a ******* contest and continual drama, we should probably figure out how to get people back involved into Viper, the fun, passion, and camaraderie we had in circa 2008.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a day that gets circled on my calendar. Who would have ever though CM would be moderated, AND the number of VCA members would be published; both on the same day. A milestone indeed!!!
Congrats to Greg!

Last edited:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers to a rudely asked question. More steps in the right direction imo.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers to a rudely asked question. More steps in the right direction imo.

Bingo, I'm glad the question was answered too. Making up arguments as to why not answering a basic question makes everything look fishy. Hopefully more movement in the right direction will follow.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't going to say this, but frankly, we are not happy about where this path has led us, hence the lack of transparency. We had 3200 members, now collectively we have 1000 less (and from what I hear it may BE WAY less in reality). Rather than patting ourselves on the back, we need to get better and get back to where we were.

To be clear there might be a discrepancy to which I am referring. The VCA calculates members as it always has (1 paying household=1 member), however, it is not lost on us that others may calculate this number differently (My wife and I=2 Members). Could we adopt this method of calculation and arrive at exactly 1548 "members"? You betcha! Would that change a thing? Nope. Would we net more $$ if we charged the same household twice for instance in my case? Sure, but we've just never done it that way...

The fact that anyone can be happy about this (and I'm personally disgusted) is baffling. You're right, we shouldn't hide it, but it's like talking about having warts or something, definitely NOT a fun topic.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
The fact that anyone can be happy about this (and I'm personally disgusted) is baffling. You're right, we shouldn't hide it, but it's like talking about having warts or something, definitely NOT a fun topic.

Thank You Sir

I'm also happy you answered. Most of the time I'm fairly even tempered, however, this subject got the best of me.

Jeff