How the heck does this happen

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was leaving the MOPAR distributorship this weekend in my Gen4. A BRAND new (paper plate) challenger rolls up next to me, rolls down his window and asks "what kind of car is that" I laughed right, as we get that question all the time. He said "seriously" I said you can't be serious. I told him it was the big brother to his car a DODGE VIPER.

Ok Seriously? How does a new challenger owner not know a Viper, are we still that un-amazing at marketing these cars? As a "halo" car this guy should have at least have been pitched the car as an alternative, or something that its related to so therefore the challenger is awesome

I was beyond mystified...

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a car show and saw a dodge Magnum wagon all riced out and there were VCA stickers and VPA stickers all over it..He also had on a Viper SRT shirt and a viper hat.. I was the only one there with a Viper however, and I wore a walking dead T-shirt...lol Ignorance I guess..I get people asking me all the time what my car is and its 13 years old..

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should have his "man card" revoked, first. Then he should be forced to drive a Prius until he reads a car mag.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I was at a Dodge dealership on Friday. They haven't had a Viper there in 5 years to the best of their recollection. So there might also be the fact that it's not just the marketing, the general population just never sees one. They can spend all day at a Dodge dealership and never hear the word Viper. These fine gentlemen were surprised I even asked about one. They did tell me there was a pretty blue Vette at there sister dealership just down the street.

In the past 10 years in Salt Lake, I've seen maybe 10 snakes, only at car shows. Except for the VOI in SLC, I can't remember the last one I saw on the street. Even up in park City Utah, you just never see them.

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truthfully, I like the fact that you just don't see them that often.
Porsches (even Turbos) are a dime a dozen, Maserati & Mercedes too. I even see Ferrari & Lambos more often than Vipers. And Vettes, forget about it!
So even though my Gen IV is now seven years old it still turns heads and elicits thumbs ups wherever I go.
...works for me.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a car show and saw a dodge Magnum wagon all riced out and there were VCA stickers and VPA stickers all over it..He also had on a Viper SRT shirt and a viper hat.. I was the only one there with a Viper however, and I wore a walking dead T-shirt...lol Ignorance I guess..I get people asking me all the time what my car is and its 13 years old..

You just gained a lot of points in my book. WD is my favorite show, and now I need to get one to wear at our next event.

I wonder if people aver think that of me, I wear viper crap all the time, but don't drive my viper all the time, wonder if that looks like a poser... But heck I certainly know what ONE IS!

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Similarly, I took the car to a local evening car show. Had 2 different people ask what it was....

Seruously?!?

It's shocking.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was leaving the MOPAR distributorship this weekend in my Gen4. A BRAND new (paper plate) challenger rolls up next to me, rolls down his window and asks "what kind of car is that" I laughed right, as we get that question all the time. He said "seriously" I said you can't be serious. I told him it was the big brother to his car a DODGE VIPER.

Ok Seriously? How does a new challenger owner not know a Viper, are we still that un-amazing at marketing these cars? As a "halo" car this guy should have at least have been pitched the car as an alternative, or something that its related to so therefore the challenger is awesome

I was beyond mystified...
Must have been a Democrat...

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a car show last weekend doing some final touches on detailing. A new z06 backs into a spot across from me. The guy gets out and keeps looking over. I knew it was coming, but didnt expect what came next.

"What year is it?"
"'03"
"Nice car! I hope mine looks that good in 12 years."
"Gotta take care of them."
"These vettes are amazing cars aren't they?"
"What???!!!!!! This is a Viper!!!!"
"Oh!! I wondered why it looked different. I was gonna ask where you got the body kit from."

And then he proceeded to tell me how he plopped down 95k cash and stole his car from the dealer. The rest of his words was a garbled haze. How can anybody mistake a Viper for a Vette??!!!

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why the Viper is in the position that it's in with the public. Here in Sarasota we go through "car fads" on a regular basis--now the Porsche is the Sarasota "chevy"--used to be any Mercedes. So you would think that folks here are car conscious--not so--my Vipers are constantly looked at as a rare foreign exotic. Folks are amazed that it's made in USA by Dodge. We did an "Exotic Car show here in Sarasota in Jan. of this year where my Viper and one other took top awards over many "exotics". Very cool to own a Viper--Dave

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a car needs some very unique and striking feature to be instantly recognizable, like the side slats on the Testarossa. That, and being the star of a TV show or movie helps. ;) I guess the Vipers featured in movies are very short scenes.

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a car needs some very unique and striking feature to be instantly recognizable, like the side slats on the Testarossa. That, and being the star of a TV show or movie helps. ;) I guess the Vipers featured in movies are very short scenes.

There is a TV series that is 100% based off the Viper, check it out, it was awesome!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115413/

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather have the "what is that comment" Than nice Vette you have there, Make me want to punch them in the face.

Last edited:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the record, that would be me. I don't post on here much anymore. I do alot of photography and have done so for years. So I handle most of the media for the NJ chapter and contribute other regions too, some even to charity. I don't post here anymore as the NJ chapter is pro-VOA. We had a Viper event Sunday morning at the Quaker Steak and Lube that morning to raise money to support a little one year old girl in need of special surgeries. Sorry if I offended you for supporting what should be common ground for both of us. I still have alot of VCA friends and I don't care so much about the split between the two. I was just at the plant two weeks ago to see the debut of the ACR and how the cars are made. I suppose instead of attacking me here is alot more interesting than asking me why I had my gear on. That's cool.

--RS

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't hold back, Tell us how you really feel. Where the hell did that come from.:crazy2: Must be a Vett owner.:rolaugh:

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're a *****, you and your worthless 13 year old Viper do not give you the right to sit there and judge someone. I've bought 18 cars from Chrysler and 5 of which Vipers. So tell me if I showed up with my Jeep wearing a Viper shirt and an SRT hat to an event you'd judge me too. Interesting "DaJerseyViper" you sound like a ****ing *********.

Woah woah woah!! No viper is worthless! ;)

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. A few of you guys need to mop up the blood trickling down your leg and take some Midol. I personally replaced my stock (invisible) Viper emblems with the chrome aftermarket ones from Snake Oyl. Now, no one asks me stupid ass questions like that because it very clearly and legibly says "Viper" on my car. Looks beautiful too. I can see a G3 being mistaken for a Corvette pretty easily. In closing, anytime I see somebody at an event or car show wearing all the car regalia I say to myself..."here we go". Ask them a question and they won't stop talking for ten minutes.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're a *****, you and your worthless 13 year old Viper do not give you the right to sit there and judge someone. I've bought 18 cars from Chrysler and 5 of which Vipers.

Judges DJV's Viper, then tells him that he has no right to judge, then chirps about how many cars he's purchased from Chrysler. What a ********. First post too.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're a *****, you and your worthless 13 year old Viper do not give you the right to sit there and judge someone. I've bought 18 cars from Chrysler and 5 of which Vipers. So tell me if I showed up with my Jeep wearing a Viper shirt and an SRT hat to an event you'd judge me too. Interesting "DaJerseyViper" you sound like a ****ing *********.
Why are you so angry? Did your wife kick you out of the house? Take it easy pal

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't post here anymore as the NJ chapter is pro-VOA. I still have alot of VCA friends and I don't care so much about the split between the two.
--RS

First of all, I respect the charity work as I do quite a bit myself. But don't you think the above statements you made are contradictory?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I worn my Viper Shirt and Viper Hat today during my trip to Idaho and back. Really didn't even care if it made others feel uncomfortable

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worn my Viper Shirt and Viper Hat today during my trip to Idaho and back. Really didn't even care if it made others feel uncomfortable

Hey 2doorrocket...all the money you must have yet you don't have the wisdom of this man ^^^.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, that would be me. I don't post on here much anymore. I do alot of photography and have done so for years. So I handle most of the media for the NJ chapter and contribute other regions too, some even to charity. I don't post here anymore as the NJ chapter is pro-VOA. We had a Viper event Sunday morning at the Quaker Steak and Lube that morning to raise money to support a little one year old girl in need of special surgeries. Sorry if I offended you for supporting what should be common ground for both of us. I still have alot of VCA friends and I don't care so much about the split between the two. I was just at the plant two weeks ago to see the debut of the ACR and how the cars are made. I suppose instead of attacking me here is alot more interesting than asking me why I had my gear on. That's cool.

--RS

Simmer down pal..I just found it funny that a magnum had Viper Owners Association stickers all over it and you had viper gear on while driving a magnum...It was like seeing a guy dressed in Ferrari gear getting out of a Hyundia, it just struck me as odd thats all.. Judging by your screen name, you actually own a Viper? I dont know why all you guys have to have such chips on your shoulders on these forums.. If you have an issue with me, next time were at a car show simply approach me and we can discuss it like grown men rather than you ranting like a little ***** on the forum..

BTW I stopped by the Quaker steak and lube show on my way home from my sons soccer game, I would have loved to make it with my car but the wife had other plans for me that day.

As for your car, sorry I called it riced out, that was just my first reaction to all the stickers and bling..Sorry man.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ummmm....Okkkaaaayyyyyy...Do we need some anger management counseling dude? Oh and Im willing to bet this IP matches someone else on this thread.

Last edited:

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. A few of you guys need to mop up the blood trickling down your leg and take some Midol.
LOL, well now I know where the "worthless" comment came from... 2 doorocket lol. Miata owner?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4