Thread: Muffler Decision?

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Question Muffler Decision?

I am wanting to upgrade my muffler and and thinking of the Belanger muffler that comes with their complete exhaust system, but have never heard their mufflers. I had Magnaflows on my 2005 SRT and loved the sound.

I am looking for the loudest and most obnoxious sound possible.

Anyone have feedback on comparison or advice on the most aggressive sounding muffler?

Thanks!
    Justin

Viper Owner

Default Re: Muffler Decision?

I like LOUD & OBNOXIOUS....

Viper Owner

Muffler delete?

Viper Owner

By going with the Belanger you will go to single cat that will increase the sound, Belanger uses magnaflow on their systems. Personally I like the corsa to cancel out any drone.

VCA Member
    Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSnake View Post
    I am wanting to upgrade my muffler and and thinking of the Belanger muffler that comes with their complete exhaust system, but have never heard their mufflers. I had Magnaflows on my 2005 SRT and loved the sound.

Anyone have feedback on comparison or advice on the most aggressive sounding muffler?

Thanks!
    Justin
    The full Belanger system is our best selling GenV mod, the sound is deeper and more powerful sounding than the Corsa. The Corsa has a racecar "crispness" to the sound though if that appeals to you more. We keep them in stock for the G5.
    Mark Jorgensen, Manager
    woodhousemotorsports.com 402-677-2935 Cell

Viper Owner

american racing has a muffler they sell with there headers. i had them on my car one day as they were very loud with a deep tone.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by mjorgensen Woodhouse View Post
    The full Belanger system is our best selling GenV mod, the sound is deeper and more powerful sounding than the Corsa. The Corsa has a racecar "crispness" to the sound though if that appeals to you more. We keep them in stock for the G5.
    Cool...Belanger full exhaust it is! Do the high flow cats work without tripping codes?

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSnake View Post

Thanks!
    Justin
    If you want the loudest, in a system, than look no further than the Belangers. I have Belangers with stock muffs and it's loud, with the Belanger muff's you'll be making noise, not friends. It's a very proven system with exceptional fit & finish, you'll be happy. Mine did trigger a CEL when 1st installed, after a few days of driving the codes reset and then cleared. The cars are quite rich so if you idle the car for a long time it can foul the hiflow cats and trigger a CEL but not in normal operation. I very highly recommend that if you're going the $4k for a full exhaust, then go the extra grand and get the Arrow controller, it makes a world of difference in the car, the throttle response, the sound, you name it, plus extra ponies. Mark of course carries it all. Just my 2 cents.

Dave.

VCA Member
    Northeast
    NE Director at Large

Damn Dave, you already started modding. Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    If you want the loudest, in a system, than look no further than the Belangers. I have Belangers with stock muffs and it's loud, with the Belanger muff's you'll be making noise, not friends. It's a very proven system with exceptional fit & finish, you'll be happy. Mine did trigger a CEL when 1st installed, after a few days of driving the codes reset and then cleared. The cars are quite rich so if you idle the car for a long time it can foul the hiflow cats and trigger a CEL but not in normal operation. I very highly recommend that if you're going the $4k for a full exhaust, then go the extra grand and get the Arrow controller, it makes a world of difference in the car, the throttle response, the sound, you name it, plus extra ponies. Mark of course carries it all. Just my 2 cents.

Dave.

Viper Owner

Cool...that's what I'm going to do then. Thanks for all the help guys! Should I go ahead and get the O2 sensor extenders and have them installed proactively?

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJohn View Post
    Damn Dave, you already started modding. Way to go!
    LoL, I started before I took delivery, I had the car shipped from the dealer to Tom Sessions, he went thru it to ensure she was 100% & installed the exhaust, all fluids were changed/upgraded, etc. So she was modded before the 1st time I drove her.

I believe the Belanger system comes with everything you need, but it's recommended you get a fresh set of Dodge exhaust gaskets for the install, the ones that come with it aren't loved by the guys who install these in their sleep. I believe that's the only thing extra I bought in terms of the exhaust. When you order, from Mark or JonB, etc., they can advise on anything you might want to add or tweak, they know everything.

Viper Owner

I agree with Belanger...I had it on my Gen I & the sound was amazing...I plan to add it to my Gen V, but went w/ the arrow PCM first...