A/C Overhaul

mtmclaughlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiya gang!

It's been a while, but I'm still here. I'm back with a question for all you fine folks. My old RT/10 (a 1994) has had air conditioning problems for a while now. She's an old girl, so it's understandable. I've replaced both fill valves, the low pressure line, and had the system professionally (and correctly) filled with refrigerant and oil. It's still leaking though. Close inspection (with a UV light) shows me lots of speckles on the compressor. Ok, so I need a new one. However, I also found a nice strain on an unidentified hose that is just above where the passenger's feet go in the foot well. I can easily see this hose by looking up under the dash from the passenger compartment. What is that hose for? I thought the A/C lines were on top of the evaporator. Is it possible that this UV strain could be from a passenger's shoe, or do I have another leak?

Thanks gang!

Kma4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually dye found inside the car is evaporator related. Evaporators in general are amazingly trouble prone. Not Viper specific mind you, but you see quite a few failures of something that seems like it should be pretty reliable.

OP
OP
M

mtmclaughlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually dye found inside the car is evaporator related. Evaporators in general are amazingly trouble prone. Not Viper specific mind you, but you see quite a few failures of something that seems like it should be pretty reliable.

Superb! I'll start with the evaporator. I'll take a close look and see I that is where I should work next. It makes perfect sense. I also find it funny that they are trouble prone after time.

Related note, is the evaporator accessible from behind the blower fan, or do I need to work behind the dash too?

Thanks for the input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper