Need some help!!!!

sliverstripeacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 acr and have been having trouble troubleshooting my coolant problems. First thought was air in the system, but now not sure. I have tried to burp the upper rad hose, change the cap. What is happening is when i turn on the car with the heater on, it will blow hot air for 4-5 minutes and then the temp will spike and it will blow cold air. any thought? stuck thermostat?

OP
OP
S

sliverstripeacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no one has any ideas? Ive tried almost every thing that has been suggested by my local viper club. Just wanted some ideas before i pull the intake and change the thermostat.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01's are notorious for having water pump impeller operating intermittently due to plastic impeller working loose. That's where I would start.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 acr and have been having trouble troubleshooting my coolant problems. First thought was air in the system, but now not sure. I have tried to burp the upper rad hose, change the cap. What is happening is when i turn on the car with the heater on, it will blow hot air for 4-5 minutes and then the temp will spike and it will blow cold air. any thought? stuck thermostat?

Have you done anything lately to the system? You get air in the system if you had a leak or just flushed the system. Does your coolant overflow bottle have coolant in it? If you have done neither then you can rule out air.

zombiesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much higher would it go? i have an acr and ive never seen it past 215

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01's are notorious for having water pump impeller operating intermittently due to plastic impeller working loose. That's where I would start.

I had this problem with my 2002, water pump like john said. That is your problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R