Cheap and easy Mud Flaps

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have made these for my ACR, could not abide stone chips, its an easy
build.
Draw the template by holding a piece of card in the well and draw round its edge,
add on the amout of flap you want to stick out,

cut out the card, see pics, hold the card template in position and find the screw holes by gently
pushing with your finger, push the srews through to see if all fits well,
transfer the template on to some 4mm butyl rubber. mark the holes and use a 1/4" hole punch
Cut out the rubber with a stanley knife, and screw in place with the original screws.
I drilled a small hole in the underneath far corner and screwed in to the wheel liner
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

SEE ALL THE PICS HERE
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1tmv8c61b0b19g2/AACHOExMPYbKHC7AzQXYi6vva?dl=0

The whole lot cost less than $10, fabuloso.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
These are really similar to the Viper Specialty ones, though the rubber is a nice idea. I got the VS ones in what I assume is something like ABS, but have torn up two during an "off-road incident". Been meaning to fix them, but have never gotten around to taking the two good ones off to make a template. Never thought about rubber, but would probably be easier to cut out than plastic.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I bet McMaster Carr could probably get you a sheet of just about whatever you want. I know I've thought about getting some plastic from there to rebuild mine (since I don't think I can buy single replacements), but I just keep putting off doing it.