Viper going out of production in August 2017

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't stand listening to the lisping twerp. And as far as publicity, the ACR is getting massive publicity - overwhelmingly favorable. I am pleased to find out that the Viper will at least be produced through August, 2017. That means through the 2018 model year which is great. Wait until the Arrow racing positive displacement supercharger kit is available. The Viper with that kit is going to be one hellatious vehicle.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically they are assuming Dodge is going to end production based on "slow sales, despite the “one of one” program and a $15,000 price cut, coupled with not wanting to spend the cash to develop a next-generation Viper".

I don't know who John McElroy is but unless he's somehow affiliated with Chrysler/Dodge America and getting his information from a reputable source, I really could care less as to his future visions on the Viper's production.

Even then, lets say the Viper is put out of production in 2017, this wouldn't be the first time the Viper is out of production. I'm sure it would make a return better than it left. Just like we saw with the GEN 4 to GEN 5 development. I guarantee the 2016 ACR is going to shatter some records and break some hearts.

I've owned nothing but Supras and the Viper is my first American sports car. What I've noticed is that the Viper is hated by many in the US. This is especially prevalent when reading or watching automotive reviews on the car that are done by some big name publishers like Motor Trend. They bash on the Viper like no other and love the Chevy products. As a matter of fact if its one thing the GTR and Viper have in common its that Motor Trend despises both of them over the Vette.

My GEN 5 arrives today. When talking to the transport driver on being careful when loading it in to the enclosed trailer, he told me not to worry and that this was his 5th GEN 5 Viper he would be transporting this month. So I think sales are doing just fine right now.

So what I'm trying to say is screw what the others have to say on the Viper.

porsche332

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they MIGHT sell 100-150 ACR's big deal.Not going to set the world on fire or make any money.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Always cracks me up , the minute we have a rumor like this we have some guy pop in with 3 posts , and obviously a fan of another make..... and the bashing starts . Welcome to the Forum and by the way there were over 65 orders for ACR Extremes in the first 2 days ---- have not gone a day since that I have not gotten a call on them and surprisingly two guys are trading in their Porches. Whoops , just got another order and the trade ...................wow , it was a Porch. Funny thing is I like Porsches , am a Porsche DE Instructor, but find it ridiculous that folks who do not own Vipers think it is fine to sign up on a Forum and commence trash talk. Don't like it when Vette guys do it on Porsche sites or vice versa, either. Absolutely no purpose to get on a Forum , regardless of make if all one wants to do is waste the time of those who are truly enthusiastic about the car represented.

Last edited:

CajunMojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see more pics of that car in the article. I haven't seen one with a roadster type top. I'm not a big fan of the Medusa convertibles.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper...like energy...may change forms but will never be destroyed.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will aways be wars...and rumors of wars.

From all the action I see at Conner, there is no quit in those people.

Lots of energy being put into the car, and no sign of them slacking.

The new ACR portends to be a track monster. The TA 2.0 seems to be getting a lot of interest.

Viper now makes a bunch of different models for different budgets and aspirations. Standard SRT all the way up to the ACR Extreme.

Just waiting for a spark to make it all catch fire.

I would imaging that FCA will be taking a look at the Viper's future going forward. Only makes sense.

It is up to the people at Connor to make a business case for the car. Bet they are not taking anything off the table.

The car may need to evolve faster than it has ever changed before to make that case, but I would not bet on it going away.

Have heard those rumors too many times before.

Last edited:

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely hate doom and gloom. I love my viper. The problem is with the head office. Dodge was really on the move all the way around until changes were made with the captain of the ship. I hope the rumor is not true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper