Gen V Sidewinder II Wheel Needed

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase (1) new or used front Gen V Sidewinder II wheel (matte black) if anyone has one for sale.

I damaged one of my front wheels during a recent trackday event and now have to replace it.

Feel free to PM me.

Thank you.

zombiesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that ***** man, was only the rim damaged? And any pictures of the wheel? hopefully someone on here has one or can get you one.

OP
OP
T

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No damage to the tire, only the wheel. It appears the wheel may have become warped (manufacturer defect????).

I tried to mount a new tire on the wheel and as the wheel spun for balancing purposes, I noticed a severe wobble as it spun. It appears the warping is through the entire wheel and face. It can only be seen as the wheel spins, not while its stationary. Photos won't do any good because you won't be able to see the warping.

It's very odd and I've never seen anything like this before :dunno: I can only think it's due to a manufacturer defect which has caused the wheel to lose structural integrity over time.

zombiesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did it take any hard hits? i mean even potholes can bend rims like that

OP
OP
T

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
did it take any hard hits? i mean even potholes can bend rims like that

These are strictly track wheels and I've never hit anything with them.

After contacting JonB at Partsrack, he advised me that earlier generation Viper track wheels were susceptible to warping when subjected to high loads and hard FIA curb usage...i.e. track use.

I think the ACR's aero load plus hard curb use slightly weakened the structural integrity of the wheel making it susceptible to warping. I ordered a new wheel from JonB.

I'll be interested to see if I continue to have this problem with my other Sidewinder II track wheels...time will tell :eater:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper