500 watt total Stereo upgrade using stock wiring $300

90ZR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured it out! How to upgrade your Gen II stereo. I bought a Kenwood head unit with hands free Bluetooth and USP / 3.5mm input (KMM-BT312U0) and connected via adapter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-a-d...NEW-/301685451779?hash=item463ddaac03&vxp=mtr

I bought 2 of these adapters and put one on the front end to the head unit and one on the back end to the amp.

I bought a new Kenwood 500w 4 channel amp (KAC-6406) and put another of these adapters on the back end.
I replaced the subwoofer with a Kicker 6 1/4 inch.

All in, $300 and now I have a sound system that sound SO MUCH BETTER THAN OEM!
You must be registered for see images attach

more pics to come

xrealm20

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The picture with the amp looks like a female version of the adapter, whereas the webpage you posted is male - are there two different parts? If so, can you post the other URL? I'm interested in doing something similar...

OP
OP

90ZR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OP
OP

90ZR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The picture with the amp looks like a female version of the adapter, whereas the webpage you posted is male - are there two different parts? If so, can you post the other URL? I'm interested in doing something similar...

You're right. I linked the wrong adapter! Search on Ebay for the male version with only 2 RCA plugs. The guy that sells them is kip3182 on Ebay

Slamstadam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
* I need to revive this thread because I'm doing the same type of upgrade *

Hopefully the OP or others can set me straight.

I'm trying to do the same type upgrade in my '01 ACR. Can you clarify a couple points for me since I haven't pulled anything apart yet. I am trying to buy as many parts before I start the project.

1) The pre-out wiring from the Alpine uses an 8 Pin DIN to run back to the AMP. So you come off the RCAs on the new head unit switching to DIN with the adapter from EBay $46.99? right

2) The DIN cable is an Alpine piece from the stock system that runs back to the stock AMP?

3) Then the stock DIN cable is adapted back to RCA ($46.99 on EBay) to give the signal to the new AMP. Thus using the factory DIN wiring with no modification?

4) Is it just a hard wire connection no harness, that brings power and ground to the new head unit?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4