Door trim piece

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am missing a plastic trim piece that goes along the top of my dirver's door panel. It's about 1" wide and the length of the top of the panel and sits just inside the rubber window gasket/wiper. It would be under your arm if you were driving with your arm on the top of the door with the window down. With it missing, the edge of the leather covering is exposed and is starting to want to peel. Anybody know where I can find a replacement?

saxon_schmauderer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a damn shame. You have now discovered an issue all of us have faced. Unfortunately, there is no easy fix. Probably your best bet is to buy a whole Gen IV door panel on ebay and remove the plastic trim from that. These pieces are not sold separately anywhere so options on getting a new one are few. If you still had the piece left some of us have super-glued the old one down to hold it together. Good luck!

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to glue the passenger side down a while back. The driver side was fine. I guess someone hung a shirt or something while getting in or out and ripped it off. I appreciate your reply, but if I bought a new panel wouldn't it make more sense to just cahnge out the panel insetead of robbing the piece for my current panel?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My driver's door trim just started coming apart.

.........I'm gonna try super glue, as it's not noticeable if I push the separating piece back into place.

doncmleon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took mine completely out, wrapped in black 3M vinyl, heated it up so it would apply well...and used gorilla glue with weight on it for 2 days without moving it or the car.

Strong like a Gorilla now. Looks great, too! Probably better than stock.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper