Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VCA Member
    Gateway
    National President

Default VCA is here to stay WORD

I found this on the VOA site.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger73 View Post
    Shooter! Well put.
    I agree. The VOA was "supposedly" founded because the VCA was going to fold - that info comes directly from representatives of our local club as part of the rationale for switching affiliation from one club to another. The point was made at the time that it would be easier to start anew rather than try and fix what was broken from the inside. I wish the real world was that easy. The VCA hasn't folded (yet at least) and we're nearly two years out. At this point it seems the only ones who care any more are the folks that prognosticated the demise of the VCA as a means to gain control of the Viper nation. The VOA is now the primary club for all Viper owners so control has in fact been wrested from the evil empire. Seems the mission has been fulfilled and the only difference I can tell is who I write my check to. Beyond that, everything else seems remarkably similar.

I am a member here and not a member there but that doesn't keep me from admitting this ridiculousness has long run its course. I don't personally know any of the current officers and I am sure they are all quality folks in person but the internet personas of a number of the club leadership could use a little maturation.

Its time someone stands for all the Viper owners that have been forced out of the Viper Nation. Not what happen to Janey and me, but the Viper owners who got tired of the fighting on both sides. I would post this on the other site but I can't post there.

First yes there were many problems. The officers and directors have worked to solve them. They also have stayed many things generated by vengeful people to bring about the fall of the VCA. Well all of it has not worked. If there has been any effect it's the increasing of our membership. The present officers now work for the club with out any compensation. The club now runs effectively on a minimum budget. We would like to have a large budget but our attempts to increase it (raffles) have been unsuccessful because of out side influences. All in all, We are now a club that can survive even if the production of Viper stops for good. One last thing, The VCA is the club that has all the history. Almost every Viper owner has had a hand making it. What happen has hurts us all, including Dodge, and all our other vendors. It's time it ended once and for all.

RED RT/10 with nice mods

International Viper Registry Curator

Default Re: VCA is here to stay WORD

Very interesting

VCA Member
    South

Post #1 of this thread could be misconstrued as Granger73's words entirely. They weren't .....

image.jpg
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    South

.................image.jpg
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    South

....................image.jpg
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    South

Turns out, Granger73 is probably one of only a handful of people that is in the know...yet has maintained incredible impartiality. Although I could never hope to achieve that sort of enlightenment, I do have an enormous amount of respect for the man.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    Gulf States

https://youtu.be/oyG66Kew7QE
    This is the clean version but I thought it was appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    https://youtu.be/oyG66Kew7QE
    This is the clean version but I thought it was appropriate
    It does fit

Here's To Us

Halestorm

Lyrics

We could just go home right now
    Or maybe we could stick around
    For just one more drink, oh yeah
    Get another bottle out
    Lets shoot the ****
    Sit back down
    For just one more drink, oh yeah

Here's to us, here's to love
    All the times that we ****ed up
    Here's to you, fill the glass
    'Cause the last few days have kicked my ass
    So lets give 'em hell
    Wish everybody well, here's to us, here's to us

Stuck it out this far together
    Put our dreams through the shredder
    Let's toast 'cause things got better
    And everything could change like that
    And all these years go by so fast
    But nothing lasts forever

All the times, that we messed up
    'Cause the last few nights have kicked my ass
    If they give ya hell
    Tell em to go **** themselves, here's to us, here's to us

Here's to all that we kissed
    And to all that we missed
    To the biggest mistakes
    That we just wouldn't trade
    To us breaking up
    Without us breaking down
    To whatever's comin' our way

All the times that we ****ed up
    'Cause the last few days have kicked my ass
    So lets give 'em hell
    Wish everybody well

All the times, that we messed up
    'Cause the last few nights have kicked my ass
    If they give ya hell
    Tell em to go **** themselves, here's to us, here's to us (Go **** themselves)
    Here's to us, here's to us
    Here's to us, wish everybody well

VCA Member

I agree Granger is very well informed, relatively impartial, and a good guy (whom I have never met). IMO, I'll say at this time is be wary of anyone who says it's easier to give up and start over, when it's the same group of people that screwed it up in the first place.

We are very fortunate to have the White's stepping in the President role here, their years of experience in running one of the largest Viper regions in the world makes them more than qualified. They have a selfless Viper passion that is decades long, and can keep the banner alive while making the club about the Viper Owners, not about the leadership.
    1997 Blue GTS - NSANE
    2003 Silver SRT/10 - NSANE2
    2008 Snakeskin Green/Black/Razors - TOXICK

Has Left the Room!

I'm trying to understand this logic? When you had Marshall, Marv, and Lee and their appointee's in control during and leading up to the problems - and those that questioned the issues during the implosion banned, censored, or out of the picture - how did they screw it up? Are Marshall, Marv, and especially Lee still granted their lifetime status when they clearly were at the center of the controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by Nsane1 View Post
    ....... IMO, I'll say at this time is be wary of anyone who says it's easier to give up and start over, when it's the same group of people that screwed it up in the first place.

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET62 View Post
    I'm trying to understand this logic? When you had Marshall, Marv, and Lee and their appointee's in control during and leading up to the problems - and those that questioned the issues during the implosion banned, censored, or out of the picture - how did they screw it up? Are Marshall, Marv, and especially Lee still granted their lifetime status when they clearly were at the center of the controversy?
    The answer to that is yes, they all still have full access to this site. On top of that, those 60 individuals that got banned by Lee are still banned. Nothing has changed here. VOA has it's issues but is better. In either case, both sites STILL will delete threads. The ONLY place for free speech in the Viper world is Viperalley.com

Quote Originally Posted by CWhiteRun View Post
    The answer to that is yes, they all still have full access to this site. On top of that, those 60 individuals that got banned by Lee are still banned. Nothing has changed here. VOA has it's issues but is better. In either case, both sites STILL will delete threads. The ONLY place for free speech in the Viper world is Viperalley.com
    You gotta stop reading your own talking points. There has been a substantial effort not to censor, delete or ban. So how bout some details and I'll look into it. (don't give me threads that happened over 18 months ago, that's water under the bridge and before my time). In fact I know I drive some members crazy because I don't delete threads and let them ride. So when you say nothing has changed, that is a bit insulting because you're letting your agenda outweigh facts. I also know an extensive effort was made to unban and un moderate a number of people and that happened some time ago.

The alley, well, just not my cup of tea

You have yourself a Great Day
    Jeff

VCA Member
    South

The ONLY place for free speech in the Viper world is Viperalley.com
    What a crock of $hit quote that was....
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Rocket, sometimes the more you stir in sh** the worse it stinks. MOVE ON. Your suitcase full of grudges and hard feelings is the size of an ocean liner.

Has Left the Room!

Broom - no bone to pick with you - and with only 3 months of Viper experience you luckily missed the all of the BS. Had you been a member for 10+ years and experienced the implosion - you might feel the same way that I do about something as seemingly simple as revoking the lifetime membership for those that were at the heart of the problem.

In my opinion the Viper nation is less strong with 2 clubs - and hopefully in the future that will change. Many of the strongest personalities are the ones that will never let it go because of the personal attacks that happened - IN BOTH CLUBS. It also happens that some of those strong personalities are in leadership positions in both clubs - which makes the likelihood of some type of reconciliation more difficult and unfortunately less likely.

I think current leadership has done an admirable job and ViperJeff has done a good job as moderator (I can only think of one thread that was deleted). I applaud the new membership categories - especially the E-Membership category.

Rocket, sometimes the more you stir in sh** the worse it stinks. MOVE ON. Your suitcase full of grudges and hard feelings is the size of an ocean liner.
    Last edited by ROCKET62; 10-06-2015 at 02:47 PM.

VCA Member
    South

I think current leadership has done an admirable job and ViperJeff has done a good job as moderator.
    Good of you to see that. Everything else is the past.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    Gateway
    National President

The people who left the club were in a position to correct things. I am not saying things were not wrong, it just that the people who stayed and stepped up to fix the club did. It is the battling with accusations and legal battles after the fact that have taken their toll. If we did not have to keep protecting our selves things would be better off. Please everyone take the time to thank the officers that stayed. Also not one of the accusations were found true. One thing has has been found true that is Viper owners have give up and walked away. I have lost 12 friends and they have sold a total 15 vipers. All others have been put in long term storage be replaced by other cars of their collections. I wish we could have one club but there is still to much bad blood. We will keep trying to keep the VCA going. There is to much history here to loose.
    RED RT/10 with nice mods

Thanks Team

VCA Member
    Gateway
    National President

If there are people wanting back on the board, let me know. Unfortunately there are a few that will not get back. The Viper Alley was start because of people wanting free speech. The VCA has always tried to keep things a little tamer than other places
    RED RT/10 with nice mods

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by newredrt10 View Post
    We will keep trying to keep the VCA going.
    There is no "trying". Only doing or not doing. This post is most troubling to me. If there is any merger of clubs, I personally would like to know AHEAD of time. I don't want to be surprised by it....like I was when all our $hit was unilaterally sold to JonB. The board runs this club autonomously I suppose. Before any merger, I want time for a cigarette before my execution.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Free....... it makes me wonder who execution would happen first

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    Free....... it makes me wonder who execution would happen first

I don't know. Personally, I would prefer to be last. The best is always saved for last. But that honor would go to our most feared and powerful member: The Bob.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Thats true

Bob should post more, I enjoy reading his posts

VCA Member
    South

He's busy enjoying his Hellcat.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    Gulf States

https://youtu.be/7qrRzNidzIc

No firing squads guys. This crap is exactly what the douche bags over at the other club want.
    Last edited by broomrider; 10-27-2015 at 08:51 AM.

VCA Member
    South

I wish we could have one club.

Not just the douche bags at the other club Broom......
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    Gateway
    National President

https://youtu.be/7qrRzNidzIc

No firing squads guys. This crap is exactly what the douche bags over at the other club want.
    Absolutely correct
    RED RT/10 with nice mods

VCA Member
    Gateway
    National President

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Not just the douche bags at the other club Broom......
    I agree wish it could be done. Viper owners are the only ones that can make it happen. It's the right time of year to do it. I just don't want all the good history here to be lost.
    RED RT/10 with nice mods

Viper Owner

Absolutely correct
    I don't think this is aproper response for any club officer, yet alone the president. There are plenty here to carry the banner. If their selectees chose to do so, so be it.

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by GRANGER73 View Post
    I don't think this is aproper response for any club officer, yet alone the president. There are plenty here to carry the banner. If their selectees chose to do so, so be it.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast