VCA is here to stay WORD

OP
OP
N

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think this is aproper response for any club officer, yet alone the president. There are plenty here to carry the banner. If their selectees chose to do so, so be it.

Granger 73/Free2go. I understand your opinions and respect them. But please understand I have mine too and where it comes from. But be sure I will not let anyone ban anyone who expresses their opinions as you have. So feel free to disagree with me or any other officer.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the new Union contract has now been approved, per that contract, Viper production will end in 2017. As is the case with any car site where the car goes out of production, the historical database of this site will continue to have value but participation will gradually fall off. The same will be true for the other site - perhaps even more so since this site has far more data regarding prior generations and the other site has more data regarding the Gen V.

Neither club or site will survive on its own in the coming environment because funding will fall off. Unfortunately, vendors will also be affected. ( For an example of this phenomenon, take a look at the history of the Ford Lightning site, etc.)

A significant number of Gen V owners have to have the latest and greatest car. They will sell their vipers and move on to something else. Particularly those who are early adopters of new tech as opposed to those of us who are dinosaurs and late adopters of new tech.

With that said, the Viper is, and will always be, a very special car to millions of people who do, and will continue to, go nuts when they see one.

There is just nothing like it in its price range. In fact, it could be said that there is nothing like it at any price.

I will be keeping mine for many years.

The bottom line is that the clubs should seriously explore puting their assets together in some fashion to maximize the probability of survival in the future. Even if this happens, there will have to be significant austerity measures taken with respect to any and all club expenditures to allow the continuation because after Viper production ends, the possibility of new Viper raffle cars is eliminated. So a business model based on new Viper raffle or "door prize" events will not be possible.

I know this is a bit painful but it is what it is.

OP
OP
N

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
Since the new Union contract has now been approved, per that contract, Viper production will end in 2017. As is the case with any car site where the car goes out of production, the historical database of this site will continue to have value but participation will gradually fall off. The same will be true for the other site - perhaps even more so since this site has far more data regarding prior generations and the other site has more data regarding the Gen V.

Neither club or site will survive on its own in the coming environment because funding will fall off. Unfortunately, vendors will also be affected. ( For an example of this phenomenon, take a look at the history of the Ford Lightning site, etc.)

A significant number of Gen V owners have to have the latest and greatest car. They will sell their vipers and move on to something else. Particularly those who are early adopters of new tech as opposed to those of us who are dinosaurs and late adopters of new tech.

With that said, the Viper is, and will always be, a very special car to millions of people who do, and will continue to, go nuts when they see one.

There is just nothing like it in its price range. In fact, it could be said that there is nothing like it at any price.

I will be keeping mine for many years.

The bottom line is that the clubs should seriously explore puting their assets together in some fashion to maximize the probability of survival in the future. Even if this happens, there will have to be significant austerity measures taken with respect to any and all club expenditures to allow the continuation because after Viper production ends, the possibility of new Viper raffle cars is eliminated. So a business model based on new Viper raffle or "door prize" events will not be possible.

Well put Bob! There have been people asking how to put the club's back together but they have been put down by leader ship for one reason or other. There are still too many look at me or I am too hurt people out there. I think it's going to have to be the Viper owners to,bring unity back. A large number have all ready shown how they feels about the break up by walking a way. I hope the VCA's "everyone is welcome" brings people back. The last two plant tours was this way and I know all VCA, VOA, and Viper truck owners had a great time together. All we can do Bob is hope!

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hmmmmmmm.. Ok, so I will admit that I do like the latest and greatest. I am a newcomer to this "new tech", as you put it. I will be in that group that has no intention of selling my car. I guess what bothers me about your post is the assumption that most gen v viper owners don't
care and that we don't appreciate our cars. Considering your post, that this will be the last production of Viper makes me want to keep it all the more. Have a bit more faith in the new generation owners. Every gen is important. Its up to all of us to keep the spirit of what was
intended here alive, however long there is a Viper on the road.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm.. Ok, so I will admit that I do like the latest and greatest. I am a newcomer to this "new tech", as you put it. I will be in that group that has no intention of selling my car. I guess what bothers me about your post is the assumption that most gen v viper owners don't
care and that we don't appreciate our cars. Considering your post, that this will be the last production of Viper makes me want to keep it all the more. Have a bit more faith in the new generation owners. Every gen is important. Its up to all of us to keep the spirit of what was

I think part of what Bob was saying is that new to Viper Buyers don't always have the passion and can be quick to move onto that next new to be best thing....... Grass is always greener kind of buyer

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Bob....I bet you're a hoot at parties. So, when will all the chicken $hits be back over here to roost?

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think part of what Bob was saying is that new to Viper Buyers don't always have the passion and can be quick to move onto that next new to be best thing....... Grass is always greener kind of buyer
No worries, I was just kinda trying to give him a little encouragement Broom style. There are a few of us who definitely have have passion about this car.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
No worries, I was just kinda trying to give him a little encouragement Broom style. There are a few of us who definitely have have passion about this car.

I know

You would be surprised how many barely driven Vipers I see

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bottom line is that the clubs should seriously explore puting their assets together in some fashion to maximize the probability of survival in the future.

The other club doesn't share your sentiments, I can assure you. The cheese has moved and a business model to capture said cheese needs to be developed. Maybe it's time for the board to be creative, or make way for leadership that can. What a stupid business model it is to rely on a raffle to survive in the first place. I'm starting to realize what was told to me a while back....wow.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not write "most". I wrote a "significant number". The VCA went through a similar experience in 2009 when it learned the Viper was not going to be produced beyond the 2010 model year. Chrysler had declared bankruptcy in a Chapter 11 proceeding. The then last Viper rolled off the line on July 1, 2010. Diehards like me flew up to the plant for the event. It was bittersweet. It was one club then and it took some pretty fancy footwork to keep the VCA alive by the then Board since all the support from the OEM went away when the bankruptcy was filed and the Viper was not continued. If a Viper club is to survive in the future past 2017, the two clubs need to face the upcoming changed reality and do the right thing. Part of that will be, by economic necessity, a very tight and frugal budget without any reimbursement of any kind to officers or directors - similar to what the VCA now does since the changes.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, no disrespect intended. I know the board, officers etc. Are kinda in a difficult place. No one really knows how to wrap their minds around the future of the
Car, club etc. I have to agree with Free on one point though. It's time for a new approach to keep the club alive. It does not have to end in disappointment. As a
"newbie" I'm frequently reminded of my place by the alleged trolls that float over here. My place as far as I'm concerned is to be a help and not a hindrance.
Even though I might be new here I am not by myself. There is a lot of potential to keep it alive. This is where the more seasoned members come in and say let's
work together within our club to help keep this club alive. One elephant at a time. Our focus should be on our club as a whole not saving the a** of the other club.
It was their choice to leave. Let them figure it out.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the board, officers etc. Are kinda in a difficult place.

Nobody is in a difficult position....hahahaaa. ThIs is about politics. Doesn't have a damn thing to do with money. Bob....I can't believe you turned.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to know where our leadership stands...AFTER I bought a raffle ticket. Greg, could you please chime in here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper