VCA is here to stay WORD

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
I found this on the VOA site.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger73 View Post
Shooter! Well put.
I agree. The VOA was "supposedly" founded because the VCA was going to fold - that info comes directly from representatives of our local club as part of the rationale for switching affiliation from one club to another. The point was made at the time that it would be easier to start anew rather than try and fix what was broken from the inside. I wish the real world was that easy. The VCA hasn't folded (yet at least) and we're nearly two years out. At this point it seems the only ones who care any more are the folks that prognosticated the demise of the VCA as a means to gain control of the Viper nation. The VOA is now the primary club for all Viper owners so control has in fact been wrested from the evil empire. Seems the mission has been fulfilled and the only difference I can tell is who I write my check to. Beyond that, everything else seems remarkably similar.

I am a member here and not a member there but that doesn't keep me from admitting this ridiculousness has long run its course. I don't personally know any of the current officers and I am sure they are all quality folks in person but the internet personas of a number of the club leadership could use a little maturation.

Its time someone stands for all the Viper owners that have been forced out of the Viper Nation. Not what happen to Janey and me, but the Viper owners who got tired of the fighting on both sides. I would post this on the other site but I can't post there.

First yes there were many problems. The officers and directors have worked to solve them. They also have stayed many things generated by vengeful people to bring about the fall of the VCA. Well all of it has not worked. If there has been any effect it's the increasing of our membership. The present officers now work for the club with out any compensation. The club now runs effectively on a minimum budget. We would like to have a large budget but our attempts to increase it (raffles) have been unsuccessful because of out side influences. All in all, We are now a club that can survive even if the production of Viper stops for good. One last thing, The VCA is the club that has all the history. Almost every Viper owner has had a hand making it. What happen has hurts us all, including Dodge, and all our other vendors. It's time it ended once and for all.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post #1 of this thread could be misconstrued as Granger73's words entirely. They weren't .....

You must be registered for see images attach

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turns out, Granger73 is probably one of only a handful of people that is in the know...yet has maintained incredible impartiality. Although I could never hope to achieve that sort of enlightenment, I do have an enormous amount of respect for the man.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/oyG66Kew7QE
This is the clean version but I thought it was appropriate

It does fit

Here's To Us

Halestorm

Lyrics

We could just go home right now
Or maybe we could stick around
For just one more drink, oh yeah
Get another bottle out
Lets shoot the ****
Sit back down
For just one more drink, oh yeah

Here's to us, here's to love
All the times that we ****ed up
Here's to you, fill the glass
'Cause the last few days have kicked my ass
So lets give 'em hell
Wish everybody well, here's to us, here's to us

Stuck it out this far together
Put our dreams through the shredder
Let's toast 'cause things got better
And everything could change like that
And all these years go by so fast
But nothing lasts forever

All the times, that we messed up
'Cause the last few nights have kicked my ass
If they give ya hell
Tell em to go **** themselves, here's to us, here's to us

Here's to all that we kissed
And to all that we missed
To the biggest mistakes
That we just wouldn't trade
To us breaking up
Without us breaking down
To whatever's comin' our way

All the times that we ****ed up
'Cause the last few days have kicked my ass
So lets give 'em hell
Wish everybody well

All the times, that we messed up
'Cause the last few nights have kicked my ass
If they give ya hell
Tell em to go **** themselves, here's to us, here's to us (Go **** themselves)
Here's to us, here's to us
Here's to us, wish everybody well

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Granger is very well informed, relatively impartial, and a good guy (whom I have never met). IMO, I'll say at this time is be wary of anyone who says it's easier to give up and start over, when it's the same group of people that screwed it up in the first place.

We are very fortunate to have the White's stepping in the President role here, their years of experience in running one of the largest Viper regions in the world makes them more than qualified. They have a selfless Viper passion that is decades long, and can keep the banner alive while making the club about the Viper Owners, not about the leadership.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand this logic? When you had Marshall, Marv, and Lee and their appointee's in control during and leading up to the problems - and those that questioned the issues during the implosion banned, censored, or out of the picture - how did they screw it up? Are Marshall, Marv, and especially Lee still granted their lifetime status when they clearly were at the center of the controversy?

....... IMO, I'll say at this time is be wary of anyone who says it's easier to give up and start over, when it's the same group of people that screwed it up in the first place.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand this logic? When you had Marshall, Marv, and Lee and their appointee's in control during and leading up to the problems - and those that questioned the issues during the implosion banned, censored, or out of the picture - how did they screw it up? Are Marshall, Marv, and especially Lee still granted their lifetime status when they clearly were at the center of the controversy?

The answer to that is yes, they all still have full access to this site. On top of that, those 60 individuals that got banned by Lee are still banned. Nothing has changed here. VOA has it's issues but is better. In either case, both sites STILL will delete threads. The ONLY place for free speech in the Viper world is Viperalley.com

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
The answer to that is yes, they all still have full access to this site. On top of that, those 60 individuals that got banned by Lee are still banned. Nothing has changed here. VOA has it's issues but is better. In either case, both sites STILL will delete threads. The ONLY place for free speech in the Viper world is Viperalley.com

You gotta stop reading your own talking points. There has been a substantial effort not to censor, delete or ban. So how bout some details and I'll look into it. (don't give me threads that happened over 18 months ago, that's water under the bridge and before my time). In fact I know I drive some members crazy because I don't delete threads and let them ride. So when you say nothing has changed, that is a bit insulting because you're letting your agenda outweigh facts. I also know an extensive effort was made to unban and un moderate a number of people and that happened some time ago.

The alley, well, just not my cup of tea

You have yourself a Great Day
Jeff

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket, sometimes the more you stir in sh** the worse it stinks. MOVE ON. Your suitcase full of grudges and hard feelings is the size of an ocean liner.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Broom - no bone to pick with you - and with only 3 months of Viper experience you luckily missed the all of the BS. Had you been a member for 10+ years and experienced the implosion - you might feel the same way that I do about something as seemingly simple as revoking the lifetime membership for those that were at the heart of the problem.

In my opinion the Viper nation is less strong with 2 clubs - and hopefully in the future that will change. Many of the strongest personalities are the ones that will never let it go because of the personal attacks that happened - IN BOTH CLUBS. It also happens that some of those strong personalities are in leadership positions in both clubs - which makes the likelihood of some type of reconciliation more difficult and unfortunately less likely.

I think current leadership has done an admirable job and ViperJeff has done a good job as moderator (I can only think of one thread that was deleted). I applaud the new membership categories - especially the E-Membership category.

Rocket, sometimes the more you stir in sh** the worse it stinks. MOVE ON. Your suitcase full of grudges and hard feelings is the size of an ocean liner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score

The people who left the club were in a position to correct things. I am not saying things were not wrong, it just that the people who stayed and stepped up to fix the club did. It is the battling with accusations and legal battles after the fact that have taken their toll. If we did not have to keep protecting our selves things would be better off. Please everyone take the time to thank the officers that stayed. Also not one of the accusations were found true. One thing has has been found true that is Viper owners have give up and walked away. I have lost 12 friends and they have sold a total 15 vipers. All others have been put in long term storage be replaced by other cars of their collections. I wish we could have one club but there is still to much bad blood. We will keep trying to keep the VCA going. There is to much history here to loose.

OP
OP
N

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score

If there are people wanting back on the board, let me know. Unfortunately there are a few that will not get back. The Viper Alley was start because of people wanting free speech. The VCA has always tried to keep things a little tamer than other places

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will keep trying to keep the VCA going.

There is no "trying". Only doing or not doing. This post is most troubling to me. If there is any merger of clubs, I personally would like to know AHEAD of time. I don't want to be surprised by it....like I was when all our $hit was unilaterally sold to JonB. The board runs this club autonomously I suppose. Before any merger, I want time for a cigarette before my execution.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Free....... it makes me wonder who execution would happen first

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free....... it makes me wonder who execution would happen first

I don't know. Personally, I would prefer to be last. The best is always saved for last. But that honor would go to our most feared and powerful member: The Bob.

OP
OP
N

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score
Not just the ****** bags at the other club Broom......

I agree wish it could be done. Viper owners are the only ones that can make it happen. It's the right time of year to do it. I just don't want all the good history here to be lost.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think this is aproper response for any club officer, yet alone the president. There are plenty here to carry the banner. If their selectees chose to do so, so be it.

I couldn't agree more.