Opinion needed- Gen 3 & 4 Stereo?

Cargirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your opinion of the stock stereo's for the Gen 3 and 4 Vipers. I have had so many people with such diverse opinions I wanted to run it by the folks at the forum.

SANCHOBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The subwoofer in my gen IV is terrible the ported " box" isn't large enough, and sounds awful even with an upgraded sub speaker. ( rattles and distorts) I'm going to add a slim 10 inch powered sub woofer up in the passenger footwell and maybe put a full range speaker in the sub stock location driving both channels.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe I've seen any threads with anyone raving about their stock stereo systems. And Cargirl, has anyone formally welcomed you to our illustrious and historic club?

OP
OP
C

Cargirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet but I am a newbie and have not even put up an avatar yet. Soon to be corrected. Thanks for noticing! Will have a 2003 Viper soon to share photo's and excitement very soon. I have owned so many cars and have not been this excited since prom!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think the stock setup in my dad's 2003 sounds pretty good. I've messed with mine (because the previous owner already hacked it up) and never really quite got what I was looking for, but got good enough to be happy. Sat in his and thought it was pretty much as good.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet but I am a newbie and have not even put up an avatar yet. Soon to be corrected. Thanks for noticing! Will have a 2003 Viper soon to share photo's and excitement very soon. I have owned so many cars and have not been this excited since prom!
HOLLA!!!! Cargirl. Welcome to the club. I'm a newbie as of July. You will enjoy this club lot of great stories, advice, information and people here. Can't put my two cents in on the stereo business but I'm sure
You will find the answers you seek. Welcome!!!!!

OP
OP
C

Cargirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Broomrider, I just love your handle! I am looking forward to owning the car and being a part of this forum. From what I have seen so far Viper owners are fun, interesting and passionate people. Alive and loving life. I hope to be posting photo's of my yet to be bought but soon to be owned 2003 model.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting post, I had to stop and think if my Viper even came with a radio, never turned it on, I do not think I would hear it anyway over the headers and cat less straight pipe exhaust.:D

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cargirl, tell me about your car. I know you've posted 2003 but details girl details. What does it look like? Are you having her shipped? I bet the wait is killing you?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cargirl....have you purchased that 03 yet? You realize those 03's get confused with Vettes quite regularly. I would recommend you simply over bill your clients 30 minutes across the board per month and just dive in for a new ACR. Make a statement darlin.

OP
OP
C

Cargirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a red 2003 with 2200 original miles. Yes, it is all I think about and am driving my BF crazy. He is not a car guy but does take credit for everything when we go to car shows! Opps. Free2go, I was a poor prosecutor, true story, my first year out of law school I made $20,800 and was in court the entire year. Hard to even imagine that now, that was back in 1989.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long will your wait be? What led you to Viper? I can assure you it will be the best decision you ever made.

OP
OP
C

Cargirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be within a month for the new Viper. I really would like to sell a 1991 Buick Reatta convertible first, for the money, for the space and to get rid of an insurance bill as well. (if anyone wants to take a look at my Reatta, PM me) If I do not sell it soon, If it does not sell soon I still will pull the trigger on the Viper. I have learned it better to clear up old business before staring new business. I looked at Vipers back in the mid-90's and to tell you the truth, they scared me LOL I was just a bit intimidated and bought a Corvette. Since then I have owned a million sports cars and now, they are not challenging me and find myself a bit....um..bored with them. I am really looking for a car to get me excited again. Kind of like meeting a new guy :) It is great at first and sometime it lasts a life time and sometimes you move on. I am thinking the Viper will be a car that I will hang onto. Like I said before, I am obsessed and think about ownership a lot. I just can't wait to take the plunge!!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to pull the trigger and file that motion for discovery baby....

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha. Bored with a vette. My hairdresser was telling me that her husband was bored with his new z06 after only two months. I told her well tell him about my
Viper and that I know a great dealer in Texas that will be happy to help him aleviate that boredom. We had a great laugh over it because she loves my car.

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankfully when I bought my '04 in April someone was nice enough to have 2 amps already wired, all speakers changed out and the stock deck changed to aftermarket... I wasn't happy with that deck so put in one with Bluetooth and a JL audio 6.5" sub where the stock would go... My advise be ready to upgrade...

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. What are you paying? Let me guess...around $46k?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave