membership packet, cards, magazine, decoder ring etc...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent my dues late this year and never received anything. I thought I should receive my membership cards, magazines, etc. I know I was late enough in the year for it to extend into 2016, but I was under the understanding i would be a 2015 member as well.

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Steve,
When you join or renew your membership between October 1 and December 31 of any given year, you are immediately active for the remainder of that year and will receive all benefits for the full year to come. Your benefits are only active though from your date of renewal forward. If we were to send you everything backwards for that year, AND everything forward for the following year - you would essentially be receiving two years for the price of one and that is just not financially plausible for the club.
Membership packets are typically mailed out in bulk around February, once our main membership renewal drive has completed. You will receive your 2016 packet then. And, because you renewed before Dec. 31, you will receive a little something extra in your packet, that members who renew and/or join after Jan 1 will not.
I hope this helps.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Steve,
When you join or renew your membership between October 1 and December 31 of any given year, you are immediately active for the remainder of that year and will receive all benefits for the full year to come. Your benefits are only active though from your date of renewal forward. If we were to send you everything backwards for that year, AND everything forward for the following year - you would essentially be receiving two years for the price of one and that is just not financially plausible for the club.
Membership packets are typically mailed out in bulk around February, once our main membership renewal drive has completed. You will receive your 2016 packet then. And, because you renewed before Dec. 31, you will receive a little something extra in your packet, that members who renew and/or join after Jan 1 will not.
I hope this helps.

Okey dokey.

I have membership cards for almost every year back into the 90's. Went through a divorce and had no Viper for a short time (half 2015) thus no membership for
a time. Would have liked to have cards from 2015 but I understand.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I guess there wasn't an email reminding people to renew, so I missed the boat and found myself "expired" today. I was a bit upset that my VIN and car info was already removed, but once I got over the hurt feeling, I got myself renewed. It never was my intention to let my membership lapse, so an email reminder would have been greatly appreciated. Looking forward to VOI14.

Mark

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess there wasn't an email reminding people to renew, so I missed the boat and found myself "expired" today. I was a bit upset that my VIN and car info was already removed, but once I got over the hurt feeling, I got myself renewed. It never was my intention to let my membership lapse, so an email reminder would have been greatly appreciated. Looking forward to VOI14.

Mark

I accidentally let mine lapse as well. I didn't realize the dropping of the VIN was due to letting in expire. Mine has dropped the VIN the past two years. I thought it may have been a default setting to ensure members still had their cars. I have contacted CJ to look into it.

Thanks for renewing and letting us know.

Bad Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know it is time for renewal, should I ? seems like a lot of Bad feeling with this club, I only got two issues in 2015 of the magazine 1 & 2

thought 4 for the year, it is now 2016. AM I a member , others have questioned it , AM I listed as a member? I have a card which I paid

for # 28233 says Viper Club of America . What benefits to be one over those who are not ? Someone needs to get on the stick, look at the
replies above with all the issues. thanks

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Give CJ a call, she can tell you exactly the status of your membership. If something needs to be fixed, she can make sure that happens. My account did some weird things, gave her a call and everything is good

You'll find here number under renew

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y'all,
VCA Membership has not changed. Each membership, no matter when you renew during the year, expires on December 31, 2016. We have sent out emails encouraging you to renew early, and the call for membership has been in both of my last to - November and October - e-newsletters. I am sorry if you missed all of my correspondence.

I am sorry about the dropping of the VINs. I just realized this myself, since I only started working with the club last year. This was a system put into place to make sure you, as guessed about above, still owned your Viper. I have since asked our Webmaster to take this feature off, so it will not happen in the future. Since this action can not be reversed, I am as quickly as I can cutting and pasting each and every one of your VINs back into your profiles from a previous membership list. If you don't have immediate access to your VIN, or don't want to mess with it, please call me. It will only take but a minute for me to correct your profile, take your payment information and bring you current.

Also, I am working on a January 2016 e-newsletter. It will be broadcast within the week. Please look out for it. If you do not receive one by 1/15, let me know and I will email it directly to you. Because these are blasts that we send to our members, sometimes they end up in your spam folder and I can't control that.

If anyone has any questions, please email me at [email protected], or call 800-677-4321. I am in and out of the office daily, so if you do not reach me right away please leave a voicemail. I will return your call.

Last edited by a moderator: