Club is here two stay II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In regards to the despute on non-payment for the VOI event. I was there and the hotel management really screwed up. They provided bad information to everyone, even after the VOI team went to great lengths to make sure they were properly notified. It put a gray cloud over the event. I would not have paid them either.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
After reading this thread today, it seems to me that the other club still has some people with hurt feelings that want to continue the bad blood. Yep, a lot of damage was caused to this club by a core group, damage that was caused in part by a few of the people involved with the VOA. People seem to forget that part. And unfortunately some of the damage is still having to be cleaned up here. I believe that after all is said and done, with the changes put in place, the VCA is headed in the right direction. People are asking questions and getting straight (that I can tell) answers. Can't fault that.

I myself spent the majority of my Viper ownership banned from here because I wouldn't back down from wanting answers. I'm not a member of either club right now, and frankly don't know if I plan on joining a club again. That said, I hope this club continues to rebuild and grow.

Anyways,
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Shooter, always appreciated your honesty, even when it stung

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Shooter, always appreciated your honesty, even when it stung

Thanks Jeff. Your doing a good job here. Much better than the "Viper Forum Staff" or whatever that friggin account was called lol.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've learned a few things since the law suit link was dropped yesterday:

I received a pm from an individual 2 days ago (you know who you are) that Randall wanted to talk to me concerning information that he thought I should know regarding the VCA. He said that if I didn't want to talk to him by phone, that if I would give him my email, he would have Randall just email me the info. Well, the last time I pissed Randall off my company website was spammed with endless shoe and apparel related email. Needless to say I wasn't going to give him my email address. The next day, one of Randall's foot soldier *******, CWhiteRun, dropped the law suit link. Although I would have appreciated to learn of this lawsuit via VCA staff, it is clear that Randall is still very bitter and obsessed with debasing this club. I was happy to see the letter on the home page from the new president. Was happy to see people are actively trying to rebuild this place. After all, the last thing we need is for the ENTIRE Viper community to be controlled by a freak show.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, but by not disclosing info that is out there making some noise, you make your own bed. This type of behavior has been consistent and sets the club up for criticism. It's not helpful. One has to wonder if the disclosure was heartfelt, or if it was disclosed because the news was beginning to leak out.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
1st hand communication

heartfelt

You can believe me or you can just think I'm a Kool-Aide drinker.
Jeff

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't doubt that Jeff, but it's not reality, it's perception that counts.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I it's perception that counts.
Perception is in your head. If an individual refuses to change their mind regardless of reality then that's sad. This new year is about changes. This is a wonderful
Best foot forward if you will. Some people are only content to work the same hateful conniving stuff that's been done over the last few years. They are still going to be jealous, insecure and that's the Way it is. Its up to those individuals to change their own minds. If they want. But that may not happen. Regardless,
Things are changing for the good.:2tu:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to read the email from the VCA this am stating 870 members for 2015. In addition the new presidents email note the other day seemed to be straightforward and upbeat.

In this thread I see folks feeling some VCA bashing, I just don't see that much and I regularly look at the VOA and Alley sites and just don't see anything VCA related. Two years ago, there would have been a ton of threads about the last raffle, I never saw anything on it other than here. Sure there are folks that want to bash the VCA, and everything else, but the vast majority have moved on, and/or realize that the bad apples have been purged.

Hopeful the VCA they can get additional regions engaged. Regional activities drive membership. The other need is content on these boards, when I come over to look there's few classifieds and to me the vast majority of the posts have the same 4-5 people in their personal chat room with no value content.

The strength of this site is in the archives. I refer or link many folks to old discussions on G1 to G4's. There's a wealth of knowledge here and it is very relevant to the newer owners who have purchased older vipers.

I'd strongly suggest that the VCA open up the "illustrated upgrades" forum to all visitors. That will draw many people in, create more relevant viper discussion threads, showing the value and increase membership.

Best wishes to the VCA!

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt that Jeff, but it's not reality, it's perception that counts.

Then your perception could be....

Bill is working his butt off

or

The New Leadership has taken the bull by the horns

or

Geeeeze, these guys are serious

or

Yep, Jeff drinks Kool-Aide, looks like Cherry

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Don't know who Bill is.
2. That could be inferred.
3. Who are "these guys"?
4. My bet would be orange.
The perception I come away with is that there's some bad **** going on and it's been kept hush-hush. This suit has been going on for over a year. Could be very financially damaging. It also took place under the auspices of the new management team. Disclosure should have been made so that new members could decide if they wanted to pay dues that would be going for more legal fees.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the vast majority of the posts have the same 4-5 people in their personal chat room with no value content

Fortunately for me, I did my due diligence and had a little luck in purchasing a well sorted out Viper. Other than power steering bracket failure, I haven't had any issues to share. I do enjoy engaging in humor, although my humor doesn't translate too well online. I'm an active Viper owner on the forums...big deal. At least I pay to play. Now, if I can get Sam Goldfarb to be a paid member, I would promise to ban myself for a month.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Hopeful the VCA they can get additional regions engaged. Regional activities drive membership. The other need is content on these boards, when I come over to look there's few classifieds and to me the vast majority of the posts have the same 4-5 people in their personal chat room with no value content.

Best wishes to the VCA!

Being one of those 4-5, I've spent the last 9 years documenting Vipers, I know I don't have the only list, I don't even know if i have the best list. I help with the simple questions that owners have about their Vipers. Most of the questions I answer are through PM's or email. That does give it the appearance that I really don't do much and maybe I should be a little more vocal about what I do, hhhmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think so. There are currently 30,630 Viper/Viper Truck's in my database. Of those 3,980 are Registered on the VR/VTR, to include over 24,000 photos. I've provided help to Members with there own small registries namely the VOI9 and Vooodoo's and break down just what makes each Viper unique sometimes in very cool ways. It's funny that even places not associated with the Viper Club of America reference this small project. What you see on the surface is not the measure of our character, our character is what we do without fan fair.

Cheers

Oh and Granger, Bill White, please accept my apology

Jeff

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. Look at post number 1 above. Bill is the National President of the VCA. Also read the Newsletter that you should have received as a download today. Note that they need a National Treasurer. You have been looking at the 990s, etc. for a long time. If you have the time, you should consider the volunteer position if the Bylaws permit it. I have not looked lately to see if the Treasurer position requires any prior Regional officer experience. You would be a good choice.

1. Don't know who Bill is.
2. That could be inferred.
3. Who are "these guys"?
4. My bet would be orange.
The perception I come away with is that there's some bad **** going on and it's been kept hush-hush. This suit has been going on for over a year. Could be very financially damaging. It also took place under the auspices of the new management team. Disclosure should have been made so that new members could decide if they wanted to pay dues that would be going for more legal fees.

OP
OP
N

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
There are many good questions and points being mad here. As long as everyone keeps it polite and friendly I will continue to read this thread and think on everything being said. This does not mean that a heated discussion can't take place. As for what happen before last October you'll have to ask the out going officers and board. I will not second guess them or point fingers, we have had too much of that. I will take what I was handed and do my best. As I said in my letter this is what is, we have to deal with it. Also I stated that the VCA will not use membership dues, if we see that the club is going to fold. It was this topic that was discussed by the officers and board that delayed my letter.

I hope everyone knows that there are times when things have be held in confidence, but not to keep the secret just to develop them before they're present to the members. As for getting people involved with the club, yes we could use the help. The biggest area we need is regional rep. and local clubs with officers. These are a few points I am acting on, and I am taking a way a few points two which I will discuss with the board.

Bill White

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many good questions and points being mad here. As long as everyone keeps it polite and friendly I will continue to read this thread and think on everything being said. This does not mean that a heated discussion can't take place. As for what happen before last October you'll have to ask the out going officers and board. I will not second guess them or point fingers, we have had too much of that. I will take what I was handed and do my best. As I said in my letter this is what is, we have to deal with it. Also I stated that the VCA will not use membership dues, if we see that the club is going to fold. It was this topic that was discussed by the officers and board that delayed my letter.

I hope everyone knows that there are times when things have be held in confidence, but not to keep the secret just to develop them before they're present to the members. As for getting people involved with the club, yes we could use the help. The biggest area we need is regional rep. and local clubs with officers. These are a few points I am acting on, and I am taking a way a few points two which I will discuss with the board.

Bill White

Good luck Mr. White. You have my support

You must be registered for see images attach

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent. Any Manchurian candidate would have banned me once seeing the Queen of Diamonds......

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. Look at post number 1 above. Bill is the National President of the VCA. Also read the Newsletter that you should have received as a download today. Note that they need a National Treasurer. You have been looking at the 990s, etc. for a long time. If you have the time, you should consider the volunteer position if the Bylaws permit it. I have not looked lately to see if the Treasurer position requires any prior Regional officer experience. You would be a good choice.
Thanks for the kind words Bob. It means something coming from you. I waited 24 hours to see how many seconding posts would occur. If your suggestion had been seconded by Broom that might have "sealed the deal".
Anyhow the bylaws would preclude that from happening, and their is such a philosophical gap between my ideas and the prevailing strategy that it couldn't possibly work. I have made several presentations in the past relating to what I feel are the issues, only to be met with the usual "it's the VOA's fault" or "you're just trying to stir up trouble". No one is willing to lay out what the future is or should be for this club. Until an open discussion is held to determine a viable long range strategy that particular job won't even exist. Appreciate the thought.

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
It's only been 22 hours

Have you tried to reach out to Bill (White) and ask those questions?

Sorry, I can't second, I have a unbiased position

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
their is such a philosophical gap between my ideas and the prevailing strategy that it couldn't possibly work.

Could you please expand on that because I'm a little vague on the philosophical gap and a lotta vague on the prevailing strategy.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your suggestion had been seconded by Broom that might have "sealed the deal"
Granger with all due respect I really didn't think my opinion mattered to you. I agree with Free, expand on your idea of the philosophical gap and your prevailing
strategy.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Granger with all due respect I really didn't think my opinion mattered to you. I agree with Free, expand on your idea of the philosophical gap and your prevailing
strategy.

To be clear Broom, he says there is a "philosophical gap between HIS ideas and the prevailing strategy of the VCA ***/officers.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you please expand on that because I'm a little vague on the philosophical gap and a lotta vague on the prevailing strategy.

I have stated many times that I think it is foolish to continue to try and replicate the VOA model. There are not enough Viper "folks" to support two clubs with the same mission. That goal is unrealistic. There's no need for an additional Viper magazine. Realistically the costs far outweigh any individual member benefit. It's nice to have, but should certainly not be a VCA requisite. Are there enough folks to provide ongoing regional programs? The stated mission of the VCA is "The clubs mission is to enhance the ownership experience for Viper car owners." Way to broad. The VOA's existence ostensibly is to provide a central body to coordinate the clubs regional activities. Some meaningful dialogue needs to take place to craft a mission statement that is both realistic and attainable. We're a long way from achieving that.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would the bylaws preclude you from participating as an officer Granger? Also, when VPA was sold, did that change the bylaws in any way?

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By laws used to require a National Officer to have served as a Regional Officer first. I tried to look at the bylaws and the file will not open

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would the bylaws preclude you from participating as an officer Granger? Also, when VPA was sold, did that change the bylaws in any way?
Sam has it correct. Sale of VPA had no effect on the bylaws. But I'm more concerned about opening a dialogue to address the elephant in the room. My serving as treasurer would provide no value. A new thread should be opened and VJ would really have to excercise his authority by closely monitoring the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper