Thread: Club is here two stay II

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Viper Owner

Default Re: Club is here two stay II

I'm pretty sure the same individual who spear headed the VOI hotel catastrophe, the super secret VPA sell off to Jon B, and subsequent parties with massive VCA souvenir giveaways faded away into the night on cloven hoof...in North Texas...with non disclosure agreements neatly filed away.

Viper Owner

The club is on the mend and will file bankruptcy if necessary. Many mistakes were made and titanic egos clashed causing the destruction of the greatest car club on planet earth. Things have changed. The cheese got moved. It's gonna be interesting to see how that bloated bizarro of a car club, which is 80 percent GenV oriented, survives the coming years without making some serious budget cuts of its own....

Viper Owner

For a guy like me who wants to renew and have site full of information and ideas and deals..... should I wait to renew?

This used to be the best place for Viper owners.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Quote Originally Posted by hd13 View Post
    For a guy like me who wants to renew and have site full of information and ideas and deals..... should I wait to renew?

Lots of things happening and enjoying your Viper and hangin with friends is a big part of it. What you decide to do is up to you. The site is still full of information and with most forums these days, a lot of the traffic is on social media. We see that and I'm sure you've also see that. We can also be seen here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4viperclub/ yaking it up and having fun
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    I wonder why no one has mentioned the legal mess they were in?
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    It went out in a newsletter at the beginning of the year and was on the home page for two months. I was asked to also post in in Braille, but I knew the technology was beyond most to comprehend.
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    Am I missing something here.? If the final judgement wasn't decided until 04/06/16, how could it have been in a newsletter at the beginning of the year.?
    shooter, yes you are missing something here. ViperJeff was responding to steve911's question about the "legal mess." The thread was started specifically because of the lawsuit questions. ViperJeff was saying that the information about the lawsuit was sent out in the newsletter at the beginning of the year. NO ONE mentioned the recent final judgement in the plaintiff's favor until you referenced it.

Viper Club of America Business Office

Quote Originally Posted by hd13 View Post

hd13 I would like to reply from an Administrative perspective, and hopefully this will make some sense to you and any others who are also "on the fence"...
    VCA is the original Viper Owner car club. VCA has a lot of history and most Viper owners, whether they now belong to this club or that club or no club, have been a member of VCA at one time and, hopefully, enjoyed the benefits and/or met some other owners who have now become their friends..
    It is no secret that VCA has taken some very hard hits, passed on by prior BODs and management. There are lawsuits against the club. There are IRS issues. We are not denying these. We are working to get them resolved. And, this BOD is doing it's best to do this without using your current membership support.
    However, even if there wasn't all of this - it still takes your membership money to pay for the server and website hosting that houses all of the forums and information it has collected since its implementation. It takes your membership money to pay for the telephone and fax, and day-to-day administrative operations. It takes your membership money to pay for the accounting professional who handles the annual tax reporting. It takes your membership money to pay for the storage unit where all of the back issues of Viper Magazine, the cover posters, and all other Viper Memorabilia is held.
    If all of you sit around and "wait to see what happens", well, guess what. The club will go away because with reduced membership numbers there will no longer be enough income to pay for even just the bare essentials. If you don't care about the physical magazines, then fine - renew as an E-member.
    If you care about this club, or can remember something that you did with VCA, or can think of a friend or someone who you have met because of VCA - then, please, show your support. Show your thanks. Help VCA be able to continue to provide the Legacy Viper Owner club for you and everyone else who cares about it.
    If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this further please email me at [email protected]. Either I or Bill will be happy to talk with you and assure you that our only intentions are to take this club in a forward-moving direction. Thanks!

Viper Club of America Business Office

Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    shooter, yes you are missing something here. ViperJeff was responding to steve911's question about the "legal mess." The thread was started specifically because of the lawsuit questions. ViperJeff was saying that the information about the lawsuit was sent out in the newsletter at the beginning of the year. NO ONE mentioned the recent final judgement in the plaintiff's favor until you referenced it.
    Thank you, AZTVR. I want to let y'all know that I have not received any FINAL JUDGEMENT paperwork on this matter. The only thing that I have been notified of from the courts is that the judgement was signed stating VCA refused to obtain council within 10 days of the original request from the plaintiff. This was a decision that was professionally advised, and the BOD is still working this out. Plus, we don't want to take anything away from your membership benefits to do so. It can be difficult to understand at times because we do not inform you of "behind the scenes" happenings on a daily basis, but please know that we are not just sitting around and letting everything and everyone go after your club. If something does come up that will directly affect your and your club, we will be forthcoming immediately.

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Yep makes sense. Thanks.

I see my post with the final judgement attached was deleted. Anyone in the club management care to comment?. Is that not important info for current and future members?. Hiding the outcome of the lawsuit helps no one. Back to deleting posts are we?

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Yep makes sense. Thanks.

I see my post with the final judgement attached was deleted. Anyone in the club management care to comment?. Is that not important info for current and future members?. Hiding the outcome of the lawsuit helps no one. Back to deleting posts are we?
    I see it in post 119
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Has Left the Room!

I see it in post 119
    And yes, there it is.

VCA Member
    South Florida

I doubt that the Judgment holder will spend any more fees seeking recovery. Why would they? The assets of a car club would be of no use to a Hotel company. Perhaps they needed the judgment for tax reasons to evidence some type of expense or loss. Whatever their reasons, someone in their organization should ask themselves was it worth it to spend the legal fees and burn that much good will up for what they got or could get in return. The reasonably prudent businessperson's answer to that is "no".

I wish both clubs the best going forward. With 2017 being the last model year of the Viper ( and yes, it is definitely the last year), Club momentum will be increasingly difficult to maintain.
    '14 Blk Vper TA; old Vper: Q:11.4, st mi:174; '15 Auto Chall Hellcat Q:10.985/126.96; 08 SRT8 Jeep(159.52 st mi)(Q:12.13/111.7);00 Fd Ltning:Q:12.89/105.48 (sold). Best Q (Tp Dragster): 207.43 /6.793

Viper Owner

Anyone in the club management care to comment?.
    How can I help you?

Viper Owner

Post #88 deserves permaban for Shooter. Enough of this club sniping from the usual suspects.....

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...decided-5.html
    Last edited by Free2go; 05-24-2016 at 01:56 AM.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Post #88 deserves permaban for Shooter. Enough of this club sniping from the usual suspects.....

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...decided-5.html
    It's funny that shooter is so blind he couldn't even see his own post or remember where he put it. Hell even a wanna a be could see it. I'd forgotten about how that site was the cry'ers zone for keyboard commandos. I would rather be a wanna be than that desperate for attention
    ― Winston Churchill

Has Left the Room!

Aw Free2blow, did my post hurt your widdle feelings?. Was it a little too close to the truth for you?.

Has Left the Room!

It's funny that shooter is so blind he couldn't even see his own post or remember where he put it. Hell even a wanna a be could see it. I'd forgotten about how that site was the cry'ers zone for keyboard commandos. I would rather be a wanna be than that desperate for attention
    lol. Ok Jeff. You got us.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

lol. Ok Jeff. You got us.
    I suspect not. I'm an easy target and I'm sure the comments will continue. I'm OK with that.

Have a great day
    ― Winston Churchill

VCA Member
    Gulf States

You know one thing is certain the puppet master is dancing the usual puppets around. Rocket, Shooter, Cwhite run and Granger they are
    the real trolls around here, if they didn't think that the VCA was a threat they wouldn't be here. Here's the thing, if they had an ounce of
    character they would cut their strings and think for themselves instead of being a puppet. So your post got deleted boo who. Suck your
    thumb about something else.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

But it didn't get deleted, he just couldn't find it
    ― Winston Churchill

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    Rocket, Shooter, Cwhite run and Granger they are
    the real trolls around here, if they didn't think that the VCA was a threat they wouldn't be here.
    Why you picking on Granger? He's been a paying VCA member for almost 10 years and owned Vipers a lot longer. As opposed to your whopping one year of experience. He brings up factual points that are in the best interests of the club and try's to help. You disagree, so you call him a troll?
    What do you mean "think the VCA was a threat"?. The only threat the VCA is, is to itself. Helped along by the name calling and general quality of post's you and F2B produce.

Has Left the Room!

But it didn't get deleted, he just couldn't find it
    Your right. I thought it got deleted.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

So before this spirals out of control. Remember as you discuss, keep it respectful. I would hate to move it to off topic or do that thing that people hate
    ― Winston Churchill

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    You know one thing is certain the puppet master is dancing the usual puppets around. Rocket, Shooter, Cwhite run and Granger they are
    the real trolls around here, if they didn't think that the VCA was a threat they wouldn't be here. Here's the thing, if they had an ounce of
    character they would cut their strings and think for themselves instead of being a puppet. So your post got deleted boo who. Suck your
    thumb about something else.
    Listen you twit, don't mention me and I won't go postal on you. Edit me out your post

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by CWhiteRun View Post
    Listen you twit, don't mention me and I won't go postal on you. Edit me out your post
    AWWW it would appear that I have struck a nerve. Your response is a bit grouchy, maybe you need a nap. because honestly this little parade that goes on from time to time by you guys is a bit old and childish. I would be most careful with my threats sweet one.

Has Left the Room!

So before this spirals out of control. Remember as you discuss, keep it respectful. I would hate to move it to off topic or do that thing that people hate
    Hey Jeff. I agree with you. Perhaps a look back through this thread would show who is actually posting the insults and who is not.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Hey Jeff. I agree with you. Perhaps a look back through this thread would show who is actually posting the insults and who is not.
    I know what your saying and I guess the line isn't very clear. The pet names people use and other minor insults, I have no interest is follwing that crap with baby wipes. You're big boys and girls.

And, I have deleted a fair share of Free's posts. He just doesn't complain when it happens
    ― Winston Churchill

Has Left the Room!

I know what your saying and I guess the line isn't very clear. The pet names people use and other minor insults, I have no interest is follwing that crap with baby wipes. You're big boys and girls.

And, I have deleted a fair share of Free's posts. He just doesn't complain when it happens
    I doubt anyone complains if they insult others, and they're post is deleted.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

You'd be surprized
    ― Winston Churchill

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bobpantax View Post
    I doubt that the Judgment holder will spend any more fees seeking recovery.
    We need to get out in front of this thing Bob. The last thing we need is to let the decisions be made by 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Has Left the Room!

We need to get out in front of this thing Bob. The last thing we need is to let the decisions be made by 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
    Whats to get out in front of? The judgement was "ordered, adjudged, and decreed on 6 April, 2016. $171,797.91 is due. Plus interest that's been accruing since October 3, 2014. Sounds like the club owes some money. Pay it, and continue on if possible.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast