Thread: Club is here two stay II

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VCA Member
    Great Lakes
    National President

Default Club is here two stay II

It has come to my attention that the club is done. No!!! We are on track with the membership enrollment, as we have been for the past two years. We just don't hammer our members in to signing up. To those who are saying we are done, well? I do want to let members know that we don't use members next year dues until we are sure the club will be there for them. Look for the upcoming VOI announcement and other events. We are looking for people to set up local clubs and regions. Its time to get back to the passion of the Viper.

Bill White
    Your Club President

PS: All past members who no longer own their Vipers. We have heard that you still carry the Passion and want to meet with your Viper friends. The VCA has set up a membership catagory called Legacy Members so that you can continue your friendships within the Viper Community. You will receive your past membership number.

PS: To all past members who still own your Vipers. If you decide to become a member again you can get your old
    membership number back.
    RED RT/10 with nice mods

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Default Re: Club is here two stay II

Outstanding......

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Yeah!!!!! I can not wait for the VOI. I agree that it's time to get to the passion of Viper. Everyone here has either owned or in current ownership. We should all set
    the standard as far as passion is concerned. Life is short. There are so many things in life that aren't fun, kick you in the stomach and are just down right
    awful. I refuse to let my ownership and fun be affected by bull $hit pettiness. Behind the wheel of my Viper is the best place. Whether it's driving in a group or just
    Flying solo. We should all recognize the fact that we live in a country, where we can enjoy life should we choose. I choose to do just that, because there are
    others who can not. I can't wait for all the exciting things this club still has to offer. Holla!

Viper Owner

I agree with the sentiments of this thread, but I'm irritated the thread title is chalked full of redundancy.

Viper Owner

I was not informed that my membership was due. Maybe we need to hire one of these:

image.jpg

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

NO SIR....

We have CJ, much better

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    I was not informed that my membership was due. Maybe we need to hire one of these:

Attachment 31944
    ha! Oh my Free , your humor is priceless

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post

Attachment 31944

You need some of these to see all the transparent stuff around you!
    Attachment 31945

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Goldfarb View Post
    You need some of these to see all the transparent stuff around you!
    Like Plato's "Allegory of the Cave", I base my reality....and cast my judgement, based on shadows. The truth is much less entertaining.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

I don't believe in chance or luck in these kind of things. So I'll do what I can to contribute

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Mark Twain once said "Truth is stranger than fiction". I prefer this onejohn wayne quote stupid.jpg

Has Left the Room!

OK, I’ll take the bait and bite. Here to stay in what form? For all practical purposes the forums are dead with the exception of every thread including commentary from the same 3 members.

For once it would be nice if the leadership came out and said “Look guys, we're having a rough time. We had XXXX members in 2013, XXXX in 2014, XXXX in 2015, and to date XXXX have renewed for 2016. Cash flow is very slow. We do have cash in the bank because of the sale of the VPA – but that was a one-time infusion. The Hellcat raffle did not do well. The last VOI lost money and the appetite for another VOI is questionable. The ACR raffle failed to attract more than 300-ish participants and did not meet the minimum sales number (however unrealistic) to actually award a Viper.

It's time to redirect our efforts to change the mission of the club to serve the Viper community and those looking to join the Viper community. What happened in the past, is in the past! This is a different time – especially if Viper production ceases in 2017. We are looking for constructive input to shape that future – whatever that may be. Might be geared towards those owners that are not dedicated track guys, later GEN version owners, hard core Viper enthusiasts, becoming an E-membership club only, or dare we say exploring a merger for the greater good of the Viper community ………….”
    Last edited by ROCKET62; 01-05-2016 at 08:11 PM.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET62 View Post
    It's time to redirect our efforts to change the mission of the club to serve the Viper community and those looking to join the Viper community. What happened in the past, is in the past! This is a different time – especially if Viper production ceases in 2017. We are looking for constructive input to shape that future – whatever that may be. Might be geared towards those owners that are not dedicated track guys, later GEN version owners, hard core Viper enthusiasts, becoming an E-membership club only, or dare we say exploring a merger for the greater good of the Viper community ………….”
    Wait!? First of all the above quote sounds like a good plan for the VOA. What 3 members are you talking about. At least have the balls to mention those 3. There are many conversations here by guite a lot of people. Unfortunately, sometimes those conversations include people like you. I digress, the VOI should be important
    To all Viper owners regardless of affiliation. From what I have been told the turn out at the last VOI was effected directly by a group of azz wipes that decided
    To play ring around the Rosie at the track, with hateful messages. BTW why do you even care. How the VCA is doing? Unless your on ship is in jeopardy. I seriously doubt it's because of your undying affection toward a merger.

Viper Owner

I know damn well I'm in the top three.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

I especially like the part where we sold the other site, didn't know we did that

Viper Owner

I think Rocket makes some valid points. The presentation of an honest assesment of the clubs progress since the split would be refreshing, and might even prove to be cathartic for many as well. I think it would be hard to argue with the summary he presents in the second paragraph. His final proposition is surely worth consideration. I think we have to accept the fact that the VCA is in a little bit of trouble. An honest dialogue might prove to be helpful. His comment about the 3 members did not appear to be maliscious, and there is some irony when you make note of the 3 immediate responders to his post. Time is running out.
    Last edited by GRANGER73; 01-06-2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling

VCA Member
    Gulf States

You know it's funny to me that every time the conversations here at the VCA steer to trouble, mergers and blah blah blah, Rocket is usually in the
    Mix. What I am truly trying to understand here is why you have concern over the VCA, when there is clear disdain. Let me just say that I have friends in both
    Clubs, the VCA and the VOA. Is the argument truly about preservation of Viper and it's owners? No its not, it's about getting even and having the last jab over
    Some old bull $hit that shouldn't even matter anymore. People just want to move on. The VCA is doing that. Even with you guys kicking and screaming. You know Viper might be going away but if there is an ugly stain to the memory of a kick azz car and it's members I bet none of us have to look to hard to find out why that
    Is. I have been educated to the bull that down and it can be summed up to money and greed. That's sad but I guess those things make some people's world
    Go round. How sad.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

.... the Viper isn't going away......

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by GRANGER73 View Post
    I think Rocket makes some valid points.
    Rocket is just regurgitating what you, Bob, and a few of the other resident sages have already said.

Enthusiast

I didn't make it into the top 3, I guess I should post more.

Viper Club of America Business Office

I am going to step in, if I may. Rocket, we are going to make all of this apparent in my next newsletter. I am currently working on getting it all together. It will provide you with some detail as to where the club has been the past two years and where we intend to go. Please look for that to be broadcast via email within the next week. Thanks for all of your input.

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCeeJ View Post
    I am going to step in, if I may. Rocket, we are going to make all of this apparent in my next newsletter. I am currently working on getting it all together. It will provide you with some detail as to where the club has been the past two years and where we intend to go. Please look for that to be broadcast via email within the next week. Thanks for all of your input.
    So, news letters and Magazines are all done via email? Wasn't there suppose to be quarterly magazines? What happen to those? So far the last 3 raffle have been a failure for those that participated. If you say there is a car raffle and one is not given, call it what it is, a 50/50 raffle.Honesty is what Rocket is looking for. So are a lot of others, which is clearly lacking on this site.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCeeJ View Post
    CJ

Just an FYI

You could provide everything these guys are looking for...... And there would still be something not answered to their satisfaction

VCA Member
    South Florida

1. I received my magazines by email and in the mail. I do not think there were four so you may be right on that point. CJ? How many were sent for 2015? But then there is the issue of whether we count the number produced on the fiscal year of the club or the calendar membership year. I'd say the calendar membership year is the correct way to do it.

2. What three raffles? There have only been two post split raffles and each winner won a significant amount of money. The presplit raffle resulted in a person getting the car and any and all facts pertaining to it have been disclosed to the government. If people would stop trashing the VCA, the response to the post split raffles would have been better. The viciousness of the trashing is strange. It is more than two years since the split. Leadership has changed in both clubs. The Gen V Viper ACR is setting records everywhere. The SRT Hellcats are phenomenal. There is so much positive going on yet some people insist on miring themselves in a past which I would guess the overwhelming number of members in both clubs could care less about.

3. How about helping out with the club. Write an article for the magazine and/or post some positive data about your Viper activities. There have got to be some interesting stories out of Dothan Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by CWhiteRun View Post
    So, news letters and Magazines are all done via email? Wasn't there suppose to be quarterly magazines? What happen to those? So far the last 3 raffle have been a failure for those that participated. If you say there is a car raffle and one is not given, call it what it is, a 50/50 raffle.Honesty is what Rocket is looking for. So are a lot of others, which is clearly lacking on this site.
    '14 Blk Vper TA; old Vper: Q:11.4, st mi:174; '15 Auto Chall Hellcat Q:10.985/126.96; 08 SRT8 Jeep(159.52 st mi)(Q:12.13/111.7);00 Fd Ltning:Q:12.89/105.48 (sold). Best Q (Tp Dragster): 207.43 /6.793

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by Bobpantax View Post
    The viciousness of the trashing is strange. It is more than two years since the split. Leadership has changed in both clubs. The Gen V Viper ACR is setting records everywhere. The SRT Hellcats are phenomenal. There is so much positive going on yet some people insist on miring themselves in a past which I would guess the overwhelming number of members in both clubs could care less about.
    Bob, you and I are actually on the same page. I agree wholeheartedly. If things are going so well over there then why come here to make trouble. They could just
    Enjoy their time while on this forum and have some great engaging conversations with some amazing people. They also, could just shut up and drive. Who cares
    About the when, why and how. Instead of ripping the members here and trying to put the past up in everyone's face, just relax. The VCA IS moving forward this
    year with some really fresh ideas.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    Instead of ripping the members here and trying to put the past up in everyone's face, just relax..
    Perhaps you could link me to a post that rips the members here.

Viper Owner

The term "club" is so yuppie. If they changed it to Viper Gang of America membership would skyrocket! He,he...

Also, maybe a shoot the s**t category similar to an "anything goes" for paid members only. When a bar or restaurant changes owners they remodel and change the name to attract new people and get old ones back.

Just a few suggestions...
    Last edited by Sybil TF; 01-06-2016 at 07:36 PM.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Sybil TF View Post
    The term "club" is so yuppie. If they changed it to Viper Gang of America membership would skyrocket! He,he...
    That already exists at 108.168.211.92

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    That already exists at 108.168.211.92
    Well, I'm sure Free could come up with something snappy lol but you get my point.

Viper Owner

The other club has an intolerance for intolerant people, which to me is the ultimate form of bigotry.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast