Chrysler Auto Diagnostic Tool (WITECH VCI POD) for Chrysler Jeep Dodge DRB-III

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello from Valencia, Spain,

I need for my 2004 Viper SRT10 a DRBIII diagstostic tool like Dodge dealers in USA use.

But here in Spain since Dodge belongs to FIAT the oficial Fiat dealers do NOT have the DRBIII = impossible to get here!!!

I am having problems with my PCM or maybe BCM and need to be able to get a diagnosis via DRBIII.

On ebay I have seen this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Au...for-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-DRB-III-/161189639483

Who knows if it works or who has made real own experiences with this tool?

Thank you and best regards from Valencia, Spain

Carlos

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That's an interesting device. Looks like it's not an actual factory tool, but an aftermarket version of one. The factory tools are more like a few thousand dollars, not a few hundred, so that price got me curious. If it works though that would be awesome and would give many of us a chance to own one ourselves as dealers might be phasing out the older technology. Unfortunately I can't give you a better answer on whether or not it would work. Hopefully someone can chime in and maybe can try one out.

OP
OP
C

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello again,

does really nobody have experience with this tool? Or maybe you could ask or get more details about it over there in USA where a Dosge is a well known and famous car brand.
Please imagine for a while what it means that it is simply impossible to find the original DRBIII diagnostic tool here in my city or elsewhere. If this emulator really works, that would be like a miracle for me!!! :D

Thank you, guys

Regards

Carlos

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Carlos, have used both...noting that Chrysler has recently cut off subscriptions to their older wiTECH systems that are in private hands. The new system may cost close to $10,000 per wiTECH support...noting that I was an aftermarket customer for 7 years.

My DRB III works fine on 96-06 Vipers...and. it works well for 08-10 Vipers on the TPMS and ABS systems among others.

Feel free to CALL me for more info and/or insights.

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I HAVE the wiTECH Pod...12.01 version (about $2,700.00 initial investment not counting required laptop)...BUT, as I said, wiTECH Support (for which I paid an annual fee of $280.-- to $300.00) said that Chrysler cut off subscriptions and support to non-dealers. Thus the Pod is useless.

I HAVE the DRB III (initial investment for new "Aftermarket" version was $6,500.00 over 9 years ago)...and, as stated, it does ALL that is needed for 96-06 Vipers. The starSCAN systewm that was also a free-standing tool that supposedly replaced the DRB III would NOT do the TPMS reset...and, is no longer supported officially. I can testify to what works and what does not work as I have Vipers from all Generations.
I hope this helps...call sometime if you like. 317-402-9013

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm curious on all of this as well. I get the impression that the eBay box isn't quite the full picture of what you might need, but if it is I'd heavily consider purchasing one just to have it around. I don't really think I'll need it except in some very rare occasions, but it would be better to have one than not if that was the case, and the price tag here is much easier to swallow than the previous ones I've seen that include an extra zero.

RDV-001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Carl,

PM me I have a WiTech pod too and have it working with a DRB III emulator. I even tested a clone for a friend and set him up too.

Roland

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Did anyone ever try one of the units listed on Ebay? It sounds like an older unit (perhaps with a "questionable" license) that can be used just fine as long as you keep it off-line if I'm understanding correctly. I'd love to have one of these around for diagnostics down the road and <$500 is a much easier pill to swallow than what I'm seeing elsewhere. Also, not having to pay a subscription fee for something that I will almost never use would be great.