roseanne.jpg...........

International Viper Registry Curator

Default Re: Ideas to make VCA better

Yea, I need to go find and delete my Granger post

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by GRANGER73 View Post
    your protege reminds me a little to much of Rosanne Bar.
    Broom and her husband are good people. Protege she is not. Enjoyed meeting them as I would you someday Granger. I enjoy the banter, but prefer the beers and hanging out. This club rivalry is bull$hit but I have to say that sometimes you need different sites for different personalities. You can't put everyone in the same classroom...some, like myself, like to sit in the back fashioning spit wads and metal hornets.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Has Left the Room!

In case anyone lost count in the 33 posts:

Free - 16 posts
    Jeff - 8
    Broom - 5
    Gold - 2
    Graing - 2

1 - (maybe 2) posts that have any resemblance of addressing the OP's question of making the VCA better.

My thoughts:

Electronic Viper Magazine - sorry, while a nice shiny magazine is nice, it ends up in the recycling bin right after reading.
    Targeted Regional events. Regional events have the chance to attract a larger audience to rebuild a sense of "club".
    VOI - I think a good venue, agenda, and a central location has a chance to be successful. What were the top 3 locations for VOI from an attendance standpoint - and the next VOI should consider those locations to attract as large an audience as possible.
    Data Base - most argue that this is a huge asset and unfortunately, if you search out old posts, many have bad links and pictures that have been erased or deleted - so the real value is questionable. Not sure if there is a better way to archive old posts so that they preserve the real information.
    Financial status - disclose a real, true picture of the membership numbers, assets, liabilities, and questionable items once and for all - to put all of the distrust to bed. I'm sure it was quite a shock to many to hear the disclosures from the recent emails. Were there any tax issues with the Hellcat Raffle?
    Raffle - the 1900 minimum from the ACR raffle was an unrealistic goal. If there is another raffle, it needs to award the grand prize.
    Rescind the lifetime memberships for Lee, CM, and Marv.
    A Free/Jeff/Broom only forum section. This might help to eliminate the aforementioned from feeling like they need hijack every single thread.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET62 View Post
    In case anyone lost count in the 33 posts:

Free - 16 posts
    Jeff - 8
    Broom - 5
    Gold - 2
    Graing - 2

1 - (maybe 2) posts that have any resemblance of addressing the OP's question of making the VCA better.

My thoughts:

Electronic Viper Magazine - sorry, while a nice shiny magazine is nice, it ends up in the recycling bin right after reading.
    Targeted Regional events. Regional events have the chance to attract a larger audience to rebuild a sense of "club".
    VOI - I think a good venue, agenda, and a central location has a chance to be successful. What were the top 3 locations for VOI from an attendance standpoint - and the next VOI should consider those locations to attract as large an audience as possible.
    Data Base - most argue that this is a huge asset and unfortunately, if you search out old posts, many have bad links and pictures that have been erased or deleted - so the real value is questionable. Not sure if there is a better way to archive old posts so that they preserve the real information.
    Financial status - disclose a real, true picture of the membership numbers, assets, liabilities, and questionable items once and for all - to put all of the distrust to bed. I'm sure it was quite a shock to many to hear the disclosures from the recent emails. Were there any tax issues with the Hellcat Raffle?
    Raffle - the 1900 minimum from the ACR raffle was an unrealistic goal. If there is another raffle, it needs to award the grand prize.
    Rescind the lifetime memberships for Lee, CM, and Marv.
    A Free/Jeff/Broom only forum section. This might help to eliminate the aforementioned from feeling like they need hijack every single thread.
    All good points and if the cuss jar I mentioned was in force there would be $30 due! ( Lee, CM and Marv) Add one post to me, but I don't think anyone will catch Free!

VCA Member
    South

I don't hijack threads, I make them tastier. You could hijack my thread right now if you were more interesting.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Kind of ironic, Rocket is counting posts, and latest trivia question has you counting Vipers

VCA Member
    South

Rocket, you have your place where you are a paid member. Enjoy it and be happy there. We all know what happens to non paying members of your club who occasionally spout off the way you do here. They are maligned and sent packing...ask Granger.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Broom and her husband are good people. Protege she is not. Enjoyed meeting them as I would you someday Granger. I enjoy the banter, but prefer the beers and hanging out. This club rivalry is bull$hit but I have to say that sometimes you need different sites for different personalities. You can't put everyone in the same classroom...some, like myself, like to sit in the back fashioning spit wads and metal hornets.
    First of all, Thank you Free. I actually am one of the ones at the back of the room. I am my own person for sure. People usually either love or hate me. That sort
    of thing doesn't bother me either way. Regardless, I get stuff done when there is a task at hand. Maybe the problem between us is respect. Its earned as far as
    I am concerned. I have not earnd yours nor you mine. Maybe time will change that, maybe not. Jeff and Free have both earned my respect, as well as many
    Others. Maybe the disdain put forth by you and rocket towards me boils down to you just need a hug.

Viper Owner

Man it's fun to push the buttons. Always produces some self analysis. Broom I like Rosanne Barr. Free you probably don't even know who
    Mort Sanl is.lol

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Man it's fun to push the buttons. Always produces some self analysis. Broom I like Rosanne Barr.
    Keep it up Granger, you actually made me smile. we might end up sharing a couple of beers someday!

Viper Owner

I'm a martini guy nut I'm not sayin' no.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

I'm a martini guy nut I'm not sayin' no.
    What a coincidence, I would rather a martini as well. I just assumed beer. My mistake. Martinis it is then.

VCA Member
    South

Man it's fun to push the buttons. Always produces some self analysis. Broom I like Rosanne Barr. Free you probably don't even know who
    Mort Sanl is.lol
    I always learned a lot from people after I gave them a wedgie. Of course the self analysis didn't enter the picture for another 30 years. The one that eats at me the most is the time in junior high when I pulled a guys sack lunch out of his gym locker, wiped my butt on his PB&J, then watched him savor every morsel in the cafeteria.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    South

If you will all excuse my digression, I will conclude that I am having feelings of mixed trepidation regarding the future announcement of our newly appointed president.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    South

A new member's perspective.

I bought my car in March '15 and joined VCA in July '15.

The Viper is an amazing vehicle and owning it has been an incredible experience.

I joined VCA looking for information and access to events with other Viper enthusiasts.

I think that's pretty much the draw for any potential member, and we need new members to survive.

My suggestions:

1) There needs to be a clear delineation on this website between members and visitors, enthusiasts, whatever you want to call them.

- Visitors should see all the positive aspects of the club so they understand the benefits of membership. Upcoming events, past event coverage, and a portion of the forums (the fun parts) should be available. All information should be positive and inviting. This website should be a marketing tool and existing members should understand they have a responsibility to help attract new
    members.

- Members should have access to special areas such as technical access to Chrysler, visibility and access to VCA leadership, club administration, etc. Everything on this site is essentially available to non-members. There's no bigger downer than paying dues, getting your decoder ring that allows access to the member's only section and then finding that vast "members only" wasteland. Take note that nobody has posted there since August 2015. It's not inviting.

2) Positive Image.

- Somebody needs to scrub this website and get all the VCA/VOA hostilities, letters of doom, financial grumbling, and other conflicts and put them in a deep dark hole. If it has to be available, at
    least put it in the members area and mark it toxic so people know what they're walking in to. My first experience with the VCA website led me down a path to the "letter of doom", the history
    behind it and a bunch of bickering about who did what to whom. I was so discouraged by my first experience on this site I logged out and didn't return for several months. This has to be fixed or the club won't grow.

- I send best wishes for success to our new club president, Mr. Bill White. He has a big job ahead of him and needs our support. His introduction and New Years message makes it clear that he
    intends to address the concerns expressed by the membership...and that is awesome. It is unfortunate however, that his message outlining his commitment to fix a plethora of problems is the
    splash page that first time visitors are greeted with. There should be a welcome message from the president on the splash page that outlines the great things happening in the club and
    encourages new membership. The existing message to members should be in a protected members area. The first thing we're telling people is that we're focused on internal battles rather than how awesome the Viper experience is. Who want's to join that? Never air your dirty laundry in public...

There is a tremendous amount of valuable information spread throughout the membership and available on this website. There is clearly comradery among many of the members. We need to
    reinforce that image and leave the difficulties of the past behind.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdad View Post
    A new member's perspective.

I bought my car in March '15 and joined VCA in July '15.

The Viper is an amazing vehicle and owning it has been an incredible experience.

I joined VCA looking for information and access to events with other Viper enthusiasts.

I think that's pretty much the draw for any potential member, and we need new members to survive.

My suggestions:

1) There needs to be a clear delineation on this website between members and visitors, enthusiasts, whatever you want to call them.

- Visitors should see all the positive aspects of the club so they understand the benefits of membership. Upcoming events, past event coverage, and a portion of the forums (the fun parts) should be available. All information should be positive and inviting. This website should be a marketing tool and existing members should understand they have a responsibility to help attract new
    members.

- Members should have access to special areas such as technical access to Chrysler, visibility and access to VCA leadership, club administration, etc. Everything on this site is essentially available to non-members. There's no bigger downer than paying dues, getting your decoder ring that allows access to the member's only section and then finding that vast "members only" wasteland. Take note that nobody has posted there since August 2015. It's not inviting.

2) Positive Image.

- Somebody needs to scrub this website and get all the VCA/VOA hostilities, letters of doom, financial grumbling, and other conflicts and put them in a deep dark hole. If it has to be available, at
    least put it in the members area and mark it toxic so people know what they're walking in to. My first experience with the VCA website led me down a path to the "letter of doom", the history
    behind it and a bunch of bickering about who did what to whom. I was so discouraged by my first experience on this site I logged out and didn't return for several months. This has to be fixed or the club won't grow.

- I send best wishes for success to our new club president, Mr. Bill White. He has a big job ahead of him and needs our support. His introduction and New Years message makes it clear that he
    intends to address the concerns expressed by the membership...and that is awesome. It is unfortunate however, that his message outlining his commitment to fix a plethora of problems is the
    splash page that first time visitors are greeted with. There should be a welcome message from the president on the splash page that outlines the great things happening in the club and
    encourages new membership. The existing message to members should be in a protected members area. The first thing we're telling people is that we're focused on internal battles rather than how awesome the Viper experience is. Who want's to join that? Never air your dirty laundry in public...

There is a tremendous amount of valuable information spread throughout the membership and available on this website. There is clearly comradery among many of the members. We need to
    reinforce that image and leave the difficulties of the past behind.
    I agree with just about every word and really have no intention of splitting hairs.

Question........

If you were given the opportunity to identify some member only areas, what would they be?

VCA Member
    South

Excellent post pitdad. More people like yourself need to speak up. I've always been a proponent of having a mysterious and disturbing core hidden deep and far away (yet accessible to paying members) from a positive and joyous facade.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    Midsouth

pitdad--
    Your ideas sound like a good plan--Dave
    2005 Comm. Ed Conv, 2010 Coupe,2016 ACR Extreme

VCA Member
    South

Hi Jeff, thanks for listening and not splitting hairs, mine are gray and I'm running out...

My initial thoughts are:

1)There's an "ASK VCA HQ" on the Forum page. It's a mix of visitor and member questions / comments. Internal business (sometimes contentious) should be "moderated" over to a thread in the members only section. I noted a Question /Suggestion box exists in Sub Forums, but viewing is limited to admins. There should be an open "ASK VCA/HQ" thread for all to see in the members section.

For example,
    - in the open forum page "ASK VCA HQ", questions like, "what does it cost to join? what can I expect after joining? can I join if I drive a Hyundai?" should be addressed.
    - in the members only forum, "ASK VCA HQ" should deal with "where's my magazine?, where's the finance report?, etc. Those are the types of questions all members would be interested in, would enable communication and keep internal concerns internal to the club.

2) It would be nice if there were more sub-forums (categories) created in the members only forum. It's currently a mix of many topics and unruly to use. Some additional organization is needed.

3) Many of the tricks and tips available in the forums are valuable. The general forum is a great place to share stuff like "ACR versus Z06" and discussions about new options like colors, etc.
    When it comes to things like "how to find and fix wind noise, setting your Gen 3 up for the track, lifter adjustment specifications, etc., that stuff is really valuable and not available everywhere. Limiting this information to members would provide incentive for others to join and add some level of satisfaction to those who paid to get to the members only page. As I say this, I realize this is going to require a very dedicated moderator on a white horse to screen the posts and determine where they belong. I'm not an IT guru, so somebody else will have to chime in on how to make that process manageable.

There are a lot of smart people in this club. I'm sure many others have ideas to add. I'm gonna be quiet now because I know somebody's counting posts.... : )

I'm gonna go drive my Viper now.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Viper Jeff is our moderator on a white horse, he does an awesome job. He even sensors himself.hehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by pitdad View Post
    Hi Jeff, thanks for listening and not splitting hairs, mine are gray and I'm running out...

My initial thoughts are:

1)There's an "ASK VCA HQ" on the Forum page. It's a mix of visitor and member questions / comments. Internal business (sometimes contentious) should be "moderated" over to a thread in the members only section. I noted a Question /Suggestion box exists in Sub Forums, but viewing is limited to admins. There should be an open "ASK VCA/HQ" thread for all to see in the members section.

For example,
    - in the open forum page "ASK VCA HQ", questions like, "what does it cost to join? what can I expect after joining? can I join if I drive a Hyundai?" should be addressed.
    - in the members only forum, "ASK VCA HQ" should deal with "where's my magazine?, where's the finance report?, etc. Those are the types of questions all members would be interested in, would enable communication and keep internal concerns internal to the club.

2) It would be nice if there were more sub-forums (categories) created in the members only forum. It's currently a mix of many topics and unruly to use. Some additional organization is needed.

3) Many of the tricks and tips available in the forums are valuable. The general forum is a great place to share stuff like "ACR versus Z06" and discussions about new options like colors, etc.
    When it comes to things like "how to find and fix wind noise, setting your Gen 3 up for the track, lifter adjustment specifications, etc., that stuff is really valuable and not available everywhere. Limiting this information to members would provide incentive for others to join and add some level of satisfaction to those who paid to get to the members only page. As I say this, I realize this is going to require a very dedicated moderator on a white horse to screen the posts and determine where they belong. I'm not an IT guru, so somebody else will have to chime in on how to make that process manageable.

There are a lot of smart people in this club. I'm sure many others have ideas to add. I'm gonna be quiet now because I know somebody's counting posts.... : )

I'm gonna go drive my Viper now.
    Thank You &
    Post as often and as much as you want

This is the kind of stuff I like to see and I'll do better at my part of it

VCA Member
    South

There are exactly three threads running right now on this subject. The first has 1 person viewing. The second has 0 people viewing. This one has 47 people viewing. Why is this? The answer to this question might be the solution to the problem.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Because the Three Am-ego's post to much, and they want to see what's next

VCA Member
    South

There's only one real solution to streamline the VCA: Supplant the entire BOD with Bob and myself. With Bob, you would get an accountant, an attorney, someone intimately knowledgeable of the inner machinations of the Viper Nation, and the Jewish mind of a champion. My job would be to make sure he never felt infallible.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Has Left the Room!

Surely Jeff - you can't be advocating areas where people that don't own Vipers or have never owned a Viper can't visit? Those people certainly are "unqualified to provide viper related info."

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    Thank You &
    Post as often and as much as you want

This is the kind of stuff I like to see and I'll do better at my part of it

Surely Jeff - you can't be advocating areas where people that don't own Vipers or have never owned a Viper can't visit? Those people certainly are "unqualified to provide viper related info."
    I understand his point. Here, I'm trying to be unbias'd. I have no problem with the suggestion. The final outcome I hope would be determined by VCA Members. There are a number of forums here that are already that way. With that said, any forum that is the general discussion of Vipers should be open to all, where my thoughts are the off topic forums, no. Again, not my call.

Limits such as post count, just stupid as hell.

If you want to sell in used parts, yea, got to be a member

damn phone

Any who

Hope that helps
    Jeff

VCA Member
    South

The final outcome I hope would be determined by VCA Members.
    Since I've been around, the only "outcome" that's ever been determined by the VCA members was to take their membership and jump ship. Too many club decisions are made from too few.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Since I've been around, the only "outcome" that's ever been determined by the VCA members was to take their membership and jump ship. Too many club decisions are made from too few.

I would be happy if it was determined by Bill and Bill alone.

VCA Member
    South

I would be happy if it was determined by Bill and Bill alone.

Well, as my wife says, "it's just a silly car club".
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast