Thread: Ideas to make VCA better

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Viper Owner

Default Re: Ideas to make VCA better

I don't speak for Shooter, but I don't think He is asking for a vote. He fought the fight, along with several others, that ultimately led to the removal of the BD that f'd the club up. He along with the others was banned for his efforts. The irony is that if you had participated in the effort to take back the club during that period, you would not have been banned, or even censored. There are many like him that could ultimately return to this club, but there has to be a reason.

International Viper Registry Curator

Let me know when y'all are ready to be productive and I'll reopen this

I decided not to delete anything as we all know how far off track we got

Please be respectful of others and continue making progress
    Jeff

VCA Member
    UT/AZ

I just read all this, what a mess, first off what Free2go meant with Shooter, is he is in the military and took an ought to defend and protect this country and to set a GOOD EXAMPLE for others to follow, at least that's they way it was in 1970 from what I remember, so you would think Shooter would be a little nicer to Broom. I like this club, but I would like it better if I could let my wife be a part of it, but its to nasty here sometimes and dis-respectful, how can you have a club when everyone does not want to get along. I think we should all try to be a little nicer and see what happens, me included, I know I can be a pain in the ass to Lets move forward and all try and get along and grow this club.

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by GRANGER73 View Post
    I don't speak for Shooter, but I don't think He is asking for a vote. He fought the fight, along with several others, that ultimately led to the removal of the BD that f'd the club up. He along with the others was banned for his efforts. The irony is that if you had participated in the effort to take back the club during that period, you would not have been banned, or even censored. There are many like him that could ultimately return to this club, but there has to be a reason.
    Granger is right. I don't expect to be able to vote unless I am a paying member. Was hoping for some discussion about plans for gaining members and direction of the club. That being said, I'm not willing to throw anymore money away until some plans are shared.

Thanks for listening
    Shooter the unrepentant

Quote Originally Posted by steve e View Post
    I like this club, but I would like it better if I could let my wife be a part of it, but its to nasty here sometimes and dis-respectful, how can you have a club when everyone does not want to get along. I think we should all try to be a little nicer and see what happens, me included, I know I can be a pain in the ass to Lets move forward and all try and get along and grow this club.
    I like this comment because there is a way for this to happen.

One of the things you would see is me being a little more active in moderation of threads and posts that are not in the off topic area's. I'm ready to start today. The question is, are you as Members ready for me to be more active. I know not everyone is, but hey, if I get a second, I'll get busy.... errr...... well... I guess I will stay busy

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Thank you Jeff for all you do. This should be a thread of peaceful discussion for the betterment of everyone. This club has been through a lot, however it is
    headed in the right direction. As members, we should be able to share our input and discuss it in a proper manner on this thread after all that's why it's here.
    The members deserve to see constructive ideas about the future of this club moving forward.

VCA Member
    Gateway
    National President

Hi guys

Reading threads to night. Everyone is right there needs to be a direction for the club. We are concentrating on getting the local clubs and regions up and running. Any takers? We are working on the web site. I think some of you have seen it. Picture space has been increased. I do read threads but I don't respond very often. If there is something needing attention call me 330-219-6325

P.s. Please let everyone know this--------- the others side is using or name Viper Club of America to direct people to their club sites
    RED RT/10 with nice mods

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by newredrt10 View Post
    P.s. Please let everyone know this--------- the others side is using or name Viper Club of America to direct people to their club sites
    I would be interested in reading how this is being done. Since I currently do not own a Viper, I am not a member of either club; but, I follow all 3 major forums since I am still in the market for a Gen V. I have not seen a hint of this elsewhere, so it would be good to present something a little more concrete to go by if one is to inquire about what is going on.

VCA Member
    Gateway
    National President

Do a web search key words,Viper club of America. Start clicking some are some aren't. In a few cases it must of been close to topic, the sites I had flagged were down. Not sure why, we will see when they come back up.
    RED RT/10 with nice mods

Enthusiast

Do a web search key words,Viper club of America. Start clicking some are some aren't. In a few cases it must of been close to topic, the sites I had flagged were down. Not sure why, we will see when they come back up.
    I just don't get what you were talking about. (not meaning that in a confrontational way, just saying I don't see any "bad" things) Google did not appear to have an abnormal result to me when I googled it just before making my post 6 hours ago, or now. I see nothing conspiratorial or shady being manifested. I'm not surprised that the other club's website would be in a Google search using the 3 words in this clubs title. Google's search algorithms are pretty complex. The two websites have had numerous posts by members and non-club members about the two clubs

I see that the New England's club-info web page has never been updated. You should call that to there attention.

I just don't see any manifestation at all of underhanded activity by the other club.

Bill, it's because they use Viper Club as a meta tag

just saying

I'll let y'all decide
    Attached Images

Enthusiast

the others side is using or name Viper Club of America to direct people to their club sites
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    Bill, it's because they use Viper Club as a meta tag

just saying

I'll let y'all decide
    Well, they are a club (at least most people would call it that, like Bill did in his post, and I do) and they are focused on Vipers. So, I see no foul, as an independent 3rd party viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Well, they are a club (at least most people would call it that, like Bill did in his post, and I do) and they are focused on Vipers. So, I see no foul, as an independent 3rd party viewpoint.
    I've used meta tags for years and know there use, I know it's a small piece of a bigger puzzle. Anyone that use meta tags knows why it would be important for an association built from a club to use that particular meta tag. I've learned over time that intent and perception are not always the same thing, however in this case it would be hard to deny the probability. Regardless of ones view point, the person that set up the site pages knows exactly why it's there and I would imagine we would get some sort of Hillary response to it's location and use.

Google however bases returns on there very unique algorithm's and the fact that when doing a search on "Viper Club" and Our club is in the 1 spot and the other club is in the 2 spot, the other club has a really good return on their effort based on 20 years of "Viper Club".

Perception.....

Well.... I guess it depends on where one is standing, where ones allegiance lies. Each person will need to make their own call
    Vj

Enthusiast

Perception.....

Well.... I guess it depends on where one is standing, where ones allegiance lies. Each person will need to make their own call
    Vj
    Yes, I can see where bias and allegiance would affect perception. Perception is all that counts. Reality is usually irrelevant.

I have only invested monetarily in the VCA club to this point; and I have no allegiance to and have no emotional attachment to either club.
    Last edited by AZTVR; 02-07-2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added verb: have

Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Yes, I can see where bias and allegiance would affect perception. Perception is all that counts. Reality is usually irrelevant.

I have only invested monetarily in the VCA club to this point; and I no allegiance to and have no emotional attachment to either club.
    I respect that

Enjoy your weekend

Viper Owner

I was curious and decided to research the issue. Realizing the commonality of the two clubs and what goes into a "search" on a search engine, I was not surprised at the results.

I used " Viper Club of America" and " Viper Owners Association".

With " Viper Club of America" as the topic, the following placements (order they appear in, not number of times) were observed:
    Yahoo: VCA 1 VOA 4
    Google: VCA 1 VOA 4
    Bing: VCA 1 VOA 2
    DuckDuckGo: VCA 1 VOA 4
    Wikepedia: VCA 0 VOA 0

With " Viper Owners Association" as the topic, the following placements were observed:
    Yahoo: VOA 1 VCA 6
    Google: VOA 1 VCA 6
    Bing: VOA 1 VCA 2
    DuckDuckGo: VOA 1 VCA 3
    Wikepedia: VOA 0 VCA 0

So, in conclusion, the Search Engine War would be a close win for the VOA, as it appears , overall, 3 places higher in it's total placement with all searches combined. In any case I don't think the VOA controls the Internet, YET!

Now the race is on to see which club gets a Wikipedia listing FIRST!

P.S. Trying "VCA" or "VOA" opens up the field, so to speak, and neither club shows up on the first couple pages or more!

Einstein 2.jpg
    Last edited by Sam Goldfarb; 02-07-2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: clarification

Viper Owner

Perception.....

Vj
    Waste Time.jpg.......

Has Left the Room!

Wow. 11 (12 counting this one) post's complaining about internet search engine's in the thread titled "Idea's to make VCA better"?. I'm much more interested in Granger's and Sam's idea's about the club moving forward, and less worried about what the other club supposedly is/is not doing.

830988_f520.jpg

Viper Owner

The challenge remains with club leadership - in post 158 the internet topic is introduced as a response from the National President to the feedback offered by members and enthusiasts alike on how to make the VCA better. Factual or not, internet search engine hierarchy is certainly not relevant (on that topic I tend to agree with VJ that the choice of meta tags is not an accident but still not at all relevant to this discussion). Furthermore, the call for volunteers to establish more local/regional clubs is also not what is being requested.

So, either the threads are not being read or the input is not being taken seriously. If the chosen direction is to continue to emulate Sysiphus and try to rebuild the club to its former glory - then just say so. It sure sounds like there are folks willing to engage and help but only after knowing what the future of the club looks like. I tend to think there will be strong support for one direction and nominal support for the other (a la Sysiphus).

Lastly - the VOA is not the enemy or the competition. The sooner that gets tabled the sooner real progress will be made.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    Wow. 11 (12 counting this one) post's complaining about internet search engine's in the thread titled "Idea's to make VCA better"?. I'm much more interested in Granger's and Sam's idea's about the club moving forward, and less worried about what the other club supposedly is/is not doing.

Attachment 32076

Viper Owner

Sadly, I rest my case.

The new thread is

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...93#post3279793

Apparently I can't keep my fingers from typing, so .........

Ask your questions, just questions and we will see what happens from there
    Vj

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6