Account settings has been reset. Why?

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My signature and avatar is no longer as I had it. It seems to have reverted back to the original. What happened?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that avatar and signature were part of the benefit package of club membership. At least it always used to be that way for years, I think.

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I am a member! Have been for a year. broomrider cleared it up for me I think. This year's subscription payment is on the way...

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has been changed to, I think it has to do with membership, they do not send you a renewal by mail or any other way you have to be on top of it yourself or you are kicked out.:dunno:Was here since 1995, Its there way of cleaning house.:lmao:

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that's what it was! I got all my stuff back now. Anybody else having this problem go through the "RENEW!" link and pay up...everything will revert to what you had before the cancellation so you won't have to re-do your stats or sig.

Thanks,

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While we are clarifying membership, do all memberships end Dec 31 or do they get dated one year from join date? If somebody joined last month they are now having to repay for this year already if that's the case.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Memberships are by calendar year, however, I think 4th quarter memberships carry over (saw it somewhere in the Bylaws..... I think). CJ would be the best one to ask, she is our Membership Guru

edit

Article II
Section 1(f)

Shows the details "joining after October 1st are Active Members for the upcoming dues year"

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I joined in July and renewed mine early. I remember when I signed up for the very first time, reading that all membership ended at the end of year. Regardless of the month you join. I Think I remember reading somewhere that early renewal meant a little something extra in your packet that they send out in February
As well.

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had your memory....but they say it's the 2nd thing to go. Problem is I can't remember what the 1st thing was!

Bad Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only got two magazines for 2015 for the cost of membership fees, kind of expensive!!!! what else do you get for being a member???
Where do the dollars go?? Sounds like the Government, need a audit?? I was never identified as a member nor got a
avatar or anything else. You have to ask for everything, lots of arguing on this site, lots of very old stuff that needs to be
deleted,:omg::(

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the benefits for each membership. It's there, you just need to justify whether you will use it all or not. I don't have a problem paying the dues for a club with so much to offer. From my early days as a true newbie to now, as an advanced newbie, I have gotten answers to all of my questions, no matter how dumb. That in itself has saved me thousands since I do my own work, but would have needed to take it to a shop if the knowledgeable people on here hadn't helped me when I needed it.

The "old" stuff is there for a reason, mostly. It helps to be able to search and go back to learn from others experiences. At least that's what I get from it.

As far as your avatar, take that up with the moderators, but make sure you followed the instructions for setting everything up.

From the 'JOIN' page:

Viper Club of America Standard Member Benefits....... $115.00 US

Hard copies of VIPER Magazine, the full-color magazine for Dodge Viper Owners and Enthusiasts and official publication of the VCA, mailed right to your door
Your annual, collectable membership Patch
An annual membership badge for you and another member of your family/household
$1,000,000 of liability insurance when attending VCA-sponsored social events
Eligibility to participate in VCA raffles, featuring some spectacular Vipers and other great prizes
Discounts from supporting vendors
Special membership only access, recognition, and posting benefits on the Viper Club website Forums page
Assistance with membership benefits. Please call 1-800-677-4321 (M-F-8:30 am to 5 pm CST)
Updates on the very latest news from FCA/Dodge

Viper Club of America Venom Member Benefits......$150.00 US

Receive EVERYTHING a Standard Membership provides PLUS
A Venom Membership Avatar on Viper Club of America's website.
Discounted rates on raffle tickets
Special pricing and/or benefits for the biennial Viper Owner Invitational
Venom Member recognition on your badge
Discounts for advertising your own business through VCA and/or Viper Magazine

Viper Club of America E-Member.......$75.00 US

You will receive the same benefits of the Standard Membership above, except you will NOT receive a printed copy of the Viper Magazine. You will receive a digital copy via email.

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, read further up. If you joined late your membership still renews at the end of the year. That part does ****, but this year you should get the complete issue of magazines.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only got two magazines for 2015 for the cost of membership fees, kind of expensive!!!! what else do you get for being a member???
Where do the dollars go?? Sounds like the Government, need a audit?? I was never identified as a member nor got a
avatar or anything else. You have to ask for everything, lots of arguing on this site, lots of very old stuff that needs to be
Bad Brad, I would like to address some of your questions. What do you get for being a member? Well first if all you get the knowledge that has been collected here
Since the first day this club was started. The people here are an endless well of knowledge to draw on. If you paid for a membership but weren't identified as a
Member that rests on your shoulders. You should have contacted CJ, she would have gladly helped you get it corrected. As far as the avatar is concerned that's
squarely on you. As long as it has something Viper related in it and not offensive you are good to go. As far as the bickering that goes on that's in part related to
people who troll over here from the other site to make mischief. They have worked feverishly at trying to tear this club down. Most of the one's at that
Task can't even tell you why they do. As far as what you get over at the other place, I hear it's membership benefits aren't really all that but that's an argument for
Another day.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Brad, Being in Central Florida, there is a ton of local events occurring in your area. I have sent a message to Cathy Smiley to see if you are on her contact list for events. Hopefully the email address you have listed under your account is still valid. The Central Florida group is going to be a the Daytona Race this upcoming weekend.

As far as the Avatar, you would simply have to upload one. Jeff or I would be happy to help. You are listed as a former member, so it should have referenced on the forums.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have. Do you get the emails from National???

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think Brad is all taken care of now. I did contact him last week and he confirmed that he is getting my emails. We have got a ton of stuff going on in Florida this next quarter! We hope to meet Brad at an event soon ! He lives in a pretty area of our state --maybe we should plan something in his area and take a look at his beautiful Viper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper