Thread: Gun control

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VCA Member
    Gulf States

Default Gun control

I thought I would share this quote from ole Ronald Reagan it's his view on gun control. Ronald-Reagan-quote-on-gun-control.jpg

Default Re: Gun control

Good find. Thanks for posting.

Fred

VCA Member
    UT/AZ

So true!!!

International Viper Registry Curator

Wait.... What?????

Gun Contol is the proper handling of a firearm. Not using proper gun control can cause one to miss the intended target.

Hoplophobia is the only way to describe those that "feel" and don't read the Constitution
    Last edited by ViperJeff; 01-18-2016 at 07:45 PM. Reason: correcting phone errors

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    Wait.... What?????

Gun Contol is the proper handling of a firearm. Not using proper gun control can cause one to miss the intended target.

Hoplophobia is the only way to describe those that "feel" and and don't the Constitution

Love it.

Fred
    Last edited by ViperJeff; 01-18-2016 at 07:46 PM. Reason: correcting phone errors

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Wait.... What?????

Hoplophobia is the only way to describe those that "feel" and don't read the Constitution
    Oh Viper Jeff I did not intend that to offend u at all. I took it that the bad guys shold be the ones that are scrutinized. Not law abiding citizens. No Ill will intended
    Believe me I don't want my right to bear arms to be taken away. 500x1000px-LL-8538ec22_215115_10151244015212740_675164179_n.jpeg

No offense

I think it's important that people understand that those that "feel" have decided to use our terminology and make it somehow bad...

Every Town for Gun Safety - has never taught a gun safety class.. because they feel
    Moms Demand action - yet they've never done anything except accept money from Bloomberg and list the Tsarnaev Brothers (ect...) as victims of gun violence. They "feel" guns are bad

and the list goes on.

Shooter... Hell, I'm a Shooter. These idiots that kill are not shooters, they are "Killers"

The making of an assault weapon, ........ paint it "Black" where in truth, rifles that have a three position selector Safe/Fire/Auto or fires in 3 round bursts would be considered assault weapons. Those suffering from Hoplophobia will consider any weapon that is painted black as an assault weapon and if you add a flashlight, oh buddy..... so much worse..... you could blind someone... Yikes

Sorry Broom, bit of a sore spot for me. You ever wonder why all these groups, the gubberment never try and make a difference in the war torn streets of... oh lets say Chicago. Because they know they could never legislate guns out of the hands of the criminal.

Vj

Has Left the Room!

By "shooter" do you mean that you fire weapons at the gun range or out hunting Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    By "shooter" do you mean that you fire weapons at the gun range or out hunting Jeff?
    Both

Now I haven't hunted for some time due to health. We would also go to the range or out in the desert and set up targets and have a little bit more fun (competition wise) It can be a lot of fun when My Dad, My Son, My Daughter and I would go and see who was better. I'm better with a riffle than my SA .40 and most of our completions are with iron sights, makes it a bit tougher.

Hope that helps
    Vj

VCA Member
    Great Lakes

Obama knows better- probably not!
    BROOMRIDER invite him to TEXAS and show him the proper way to handle and use a gun.
    Maybe F2G will show..lol..

Has Left the Room!

Both

Now I haven't hunted for some time due to health. We would also go to the range or out in the desert and set up targets and have a little bit more fun (competition wise) It can be a lot of fun when My Dad, My Son, My Daughter and I would go and see who was better. I'm better with a riffle than my SA .40 and most of our completions are with iron sights, makes it a bit tougher.

Hope that helps
    Vj
    No that's fine. I figured that's what you meant. Just curious when I hear civilians call themselves "shooters".
    Have a good one

Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    No that's fine. I figured that's what you meant. Just curious when I hear civilians call themselves "shooters".
    Have a good one
    I did qualify while I was in the Military, sadly being in the USAF, we didn't get to shoot alot

But then again, I bet I shoot at a fraction of what you do... shooter

VCA Member
    UT/AZ

Gun control was more of an issue for me as a legal gun owner when I lived in N.J the Liberal arm pit of the world, in Arizona I carry open or concealed anything I want, now the table is turned and the good guys have the gun and the dirt bags have to worry. The bad guys do not like it when you point a 50 cal. mag Desert Eagle in there face.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by BADD ASSS KAR View Post
    Obama knows better- probably not!
    BROOMRIDER invite him to TEXAS and show him the proper way to handle and use a gun.
    Maybe F2G will show..lol..
    hahahaha the only problem is I live in Louisiana. Trust me he won't be getting an invite to my house. That's reserved for
    friends and family.

VCA Member
    Great Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    hahahaha the only problem is I live in Louisiana. Trust me he won't be getting an invite to my house. That's reserved for
    friends and family.
    GATOR HUNTING with a GUN/rifle is popular in Louisiana I hear ..lol... ( I watch SWAMP PEOPLE)
    Maybe he will bring Slick Willy and Hellery
    Show them your Charm and Hospitality while gator hunting
    Am I part of your friend list??????

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by BADD ASSS KAR View Post
    GATOR HUNTING with a GUN/rifle is popular in Louisiana I hear ..lol... ( I watch SWAMP PEOPLE)
    Maybe he will bring Slick Willy and Hellery
    Show them your Charm and Hospitality while gator hunting
    Am I part of your friend list??????
    Hehehehehehehe I'm in North Louisiana. Not to many gators up here. There are a lot of things that happen with gators
    In the bayou. I personally have never been on a gator hunt. I would end up bing a snack probably if I did. Absolutely, a Viper owner is a friend. If we aren't
    expecting someone. They are met with a gun at the door, a smile and a not so friendly, can I help you? Are you lost? Conversation.

VCA Member
    Midsouth

I always thought that the best gun control was to use both hands--Dave
    2005 Comm. Ed Conv, 2010 Coupe,2016 ACR Extreme

VCA Member
    South

It's funny that I hear the politicos spread word about how the majority of the people are in favor of gun control and how the polls show it. What's funny is nobody ever asked me! Or anybody I know. Or, apparently, anybody they know??!! Where do these stats come from? I bet it's a poll at a local university in liberal town USA and only involves 100 of the most obvious liberals available. When the time comes to defend, I hope they give themselves the opportunity first to at least take it to the voting booths and get the real numbers. Otherwise, well let's just say I think the north and south will be on the same side this time...
    2003 Viper SRT/10 Black Convertible K&N; Spec Stage 2+; Fidanza; B&M Short Throw; First Strike; RT High Flow Cats/MP(Borla) cat backs

VCA Member
    South

And Swamp People is a joke! It's a disgrace what they do in television to pull ratings. I live in south La and have a gator in my pond out in my field. I fish the same waters in the Atchafalaya basin as they film in and there are gators everywhere. Sure, you have to put it down quick and it's easiest with a bullet, but they are docile even up to the boat. There is no splashing and whipping unless you intentionally piss them off. "Choot 'Em" is just a marketing ploy. I have worked with people that's been on the show and they have told me how sad it is that they make them do that just to make it more dramatic.
    2003 Viper SRT/10 Black Convertible K&N; Spec Stage 2+; Fidanza; B&M Short Throw; First Strike; RT High Flow Cats/MP(Borla) cat backs

VCA Member
    Great Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by cdover73 View Post
    And Swamp People is a joke! It's a disgrace what they do in television to pull ratings. I live in south La and have a gator in my pond out in my field. I fish the same waters in the Atchafalaya basin as they film in and there are gators everywhere. Sure, you have to put it down quick and it's easiest with a bullet, but they are docile even up to the boat. There is no splashing and whipping unless you intentionally piss them off. "Choot 'Em" is just a marketing ploy. I have worked with people that's been on the show and they have told me how sad it is that they make them do that just to make it more dramatic.

AGRREED, SAD this is the mentality of a lot of people .
    They see shows like this (and MANY OTHER SHOWS) TV land has to put pazzas to it to keep people watching
    They promote doing wrong too get rewarded/paid and if you do the right things you get sued and/or go to jail

VCA Member
    South

Off-topic...but yeah, I also fly and the show "Airplane Repo" stopped by the FBO at my field looking to film a stunt where they jumped out a plane to land at a remote airport to 'repo' a plane. That crap is so fake, even the people doing it are embarrassed they have to even ask for permission to do it. I don't mind reality, but at least let it be REAL.
    Back to Swamp People, the one guy I know that keeps it real and I can respect is Bruce. That's the one that wears overalls and no shirt. He is a local and I have had beers with him at the Gator's Den in Manchac. He doesn't care what they want him to do. He is really that way in person. Great guy too, very down to earth.

VCA Member
    Midsouth

cdover73--
    Do you know broom ?--Dave

So that's when CSI rolls in and they only find blood splatter evidence

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by 2whitevipers View Post
    cdover73--
    Do you know broom ?--Dave
    Not officially. Just friends through this site that happen to be in the same neck of the woods, roughly. Why?

VCA Member
    Midsouth

cdover73--
    Just thought you might both from La.--Dave

VCA Member
    South

Yep. I'm in the southeastern upper corner above Hammond. And she's a yankee being in the Northern region and all, but we're both still in the boot. (can't wait for this response...)

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by cdover73 View Post
    Yep. I'm in the southeastern upper corner above Hammond. And she's a yankee being in the Northern region and all, but we're both still in the boot. (can't wait for this response...)
    fiddledeedee.jpg Ha Yankee I am not sir. Dems fightn words.

Viper Owner

Do you drive your Viper with that dress on?

Now there's a god question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast